There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(02-05-2024, 01:16 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Idk why they separated them yet to get the logic behind that. Letaba and Tshokwane are very far from each other they will likely never find each other again.

isnt letaba all the way in the north kruger ? they should put together so chances of them surviving is higher they pretty much send them on suicide mission

BigLion39 Offline

Doesn't make much sense to me why they choose to make a decision to seperate, which is not left to nature, its humans making choices that only nature should make. IMHO, they should have left them together wherever they relocated them to. I understand they had to be relocated but, separated? Yeah, doesn't make sense.
3 users Like BigLion39's post

Australia Ahmed Ali Offline

*This image is copyright of its original author

Throwback At Nkhulu area in Kruger NP  back to 2015 .

The 3 males who become a  Mazithi pride males in early 2016 with thier old Father and likely thier sister a young female .

These boyes are succsefull left a big legecy like the 3 Mazirhi/Tshokwane males and the Trecharted males and some around Tshokwane picnice spot .

Not to mention their daughters born into all the groups that were theirs and may still be theirs.  Because some will come and say that the offspring will be cut off if the male offspring die. I do not agree with your opinion, dear. As long as there are female offspring, this offspring will continue for a specified period. 

Photos Created By :- Gillian soames
5 users Like Ahmed Ali's post

South Africa Wyld@Heart Offline

(02-07-2024, 12:01 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Doesn't make much sense to me why they choose to make a decision to seperate, which is not left to nature, its humans making choices that only nature should make. IMHO, they should have left them together wherever they relocated them to. I understand they had to be relocated but, separated? Yeah, doesn't make sense.
I very rarely question the guys who make these choices as their job is difficult and alot goes on that we as the general public are not aware of but in this case I am left rather bewildered myself. I have no idea the logic behind it. I could possibly understand a separation with both being placed in the north as it has a lower population density but Tshokwane has no such paucity in numbers. I simply cannot fathom it.
3 users Like Wyld@Heart's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

The only thing I can think of is that they had two areas that needed new blood that they felt a single male in his prime would be able to handle himself in. While that particular happened to have the best match genetically which removal would not cause much issues.

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

This hardly justifies it. Lions thrive when in groups, they are happier this way. Nature gave these lions a brother, by Kruger's own policies, they were in no position to separate them, making their lives harder and them less happy.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

From where you guys got info that they where separated? 

As for separation, relocating 2 males in a certain area is very dangerous for local lion population.

2 males can easily oust 1 local territorial male, with more effort and luck even coalition of 2 or 3...kill all the cubs and few females in process.

While lone male cant do nearly as much damage.

In a sense its not fair to the brothers, but it would not be fair aswell to the territorial male which those 2 could oust/kill if they relocate him to his area or near by.

This situation is hard and imposible to fix, as these lions have to be moved, but with that you are playing with nature.

Shipping them far north where lion population is low is not an answer as we saw with Snip Mpondo and HP male.
8 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

3 users Like Potato's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(02-10-2024, 01:03 PM)Potato Wrote:

where are the skorro pride subs at ?

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Gomondwane Youngster. Sired by 2 Tshokwane/South Lower Sabie males.
Credit: Larisa Rand

Attached Files Image(s)

4 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

One of the two Young S90 males.
Credit: Barry Christensen

Attached Files Image(s)

Brahim Offline
Moderators

S90 Young males.
Credit: Lanceqsteytler

Attached Files Image(s)

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Mandevu Tintswalo.
Credit: CalebSam

Attached Files Image(s)

5 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Trichardt males on a kill at Singita Lebombo.
Credit: Jonah Ballow

Attached Files Image(s)

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Matjulu young male seen recently near Berg En dal. This boy is a spitting image of his father (Young Jock male with smallest mane).
Credit: DZ Wildlife

Attached Files Image(s)

8 users Like Brahim's post