There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@Tr1x24 No idea as for specific locations, I was just told it's from Kruger.
2 users Like Mapokser's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(10-13-2023, 04:35 AM)Gavskrr Wrote:
(10-13-2023, 02:20 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Can someone identify this lion?

*This image is copyright of its original author

Isn't that Mpondo Male Sniptail? the mark on the hip and the eyes, the dark mane

I think you're right, he has that exact build with that scarred left hip.
3 users Like sik94's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

1/2 Mongawane….Young Birmingham Male aka Osindile. Im Smiling seeing how well he’s looking.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hairy tummy Offline

Ybm is stunning
3 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

I was thinking here recently... doesn't the bigger Leeubron male resembles 1/3 Old Skybed very strongly?

It's a very distinct face and they look so similar. Even their mane is somehow similar:

It's to such a point that the Leeubron even resembles the bigger Mbiri male who is a grandson of the Skybeds:

Not to mention these guys are all big and impressive... It just goes to show how even unrelated lions may look very similar to one another.
7 users Like Mapokser's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

I have a video of the darting. All 3 were there kambula 1 and 2 and pretoriuskop male all by the vet car. So I assume darkmane pretoriuskop is fine.
4 users Like Brahim's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-14-2023, 03:54 PM by Tr1x24 )

(10-14-2023, 09:41 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Not to mention these guys are all big and impressive... It just goes to show how even unrelated lions may look very similar to one another.

If we took certain photos and angles where they look similar, a lot of lions can be, thats why we need bigger sample sizes.

Also those are recent photos where these lions are fairly old, when faces start to wear down and "deform".

Here are more photos of prime Leeubron, i dont think he is that much similar to Old Skybed lineage, he has quite unique face:

To me, he and Hercules male are somewhat similar, especially nose.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-14-2023, 04:13 PM by lionuk )

K1 being darted by the vets team last week. Vid by Desire Pringle

CC: @"Brahimlegend" 
6 users Like lionuk's post

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators

" target="_blank" class="post_link">

Update!

The young Mananga male was seen with a full belly within a few hundred metres of where one of the Trichardt males had killed a wildebeest the day before. I can only guess that the Trichardt male had abandoned the kill to reunite with his brother who is mating with 2 mananga lionesses in the west of the concession. Opportunity paid off this time for the young male.
3 users Like Horizon's post

Moderators

The young Mananga male #lion had minutes earlier managed to escape the Trichard male. Retreating towards the rest of the pride a few km away, he failed to notice the Trichard male stalking him across the open plains at @singita_ in the #krugernationalpark

The second chase never really happened, as the youngster did eventually notice the larger male with enough space between them, affording him a head start that couldn’t be hauled in by the larger slower heavier mature prime male.

There are so many shifts in the dynamics, that I am quite excited to get back to work again soon and see what’s been happening with all our #lions whilst I have been on leave.

(This update is from 2 days ago. The boy is safe for now)
6 users Like Horizon's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-14-2023, 09:09 PM by Tonpa )

Mayambula? - on the S36 near muzandzeni picnic spot 
Photos by Dicky Rutzen

9 users Like Tonpa's post

Moderators

Beautiful kudyela young males (orion coalition) the great legacy of machaton males, Actually they were 6 males sired by the machaton males when they were in charge of kudyela pride, but when the masunngulo brothers arrived in the area and expelled the machaton males they took control of the pride and territory, I am not sure if these 6 boys were already nomads or they were still in the pride but after this takeover by the masungulo males the 6 young kudyela were chased by them managing to brutally kill two of these boys and then eat them, that made the remaining 4 flee the area, months later these two beautiful boys reappeared much big and more developed, the other two have not been seen, perhaps they did not make it or perhaps they went to a more remote place. I hope that these two young people continue the legacy of his parents who were very successful at kruger.
7 users Like Horizon's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Fourways Blondie seen with a young male last month.
Credit: Kruger Gateway Safaris

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Hippp pools males recently. Look much like their Shishangeni fathers.
Credit: Graeme Mitchley

Attached Files Image(s)

11 users Like Brahim's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(10-15-2023, 03:48 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Fourways Blondie seen with a young male last month.
Could be his son? They both look alike..
1 user Likes lionuk's post