There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-26-2023, 07:56 PM by Tr1x24 )

(08-26-2023, 07:42 PM)Lipstick2 Wrote: So, the 3 Phabenis and Fourways Blondie have splitted up? That's interesting. (I couldn't follow to most of the Kruger processes recently.)

Nit sure on current situation of Phabenis, but yea, 2 where south and Blondie with 3rd further north, that north territory is lost now or they abandon it.

(08-26-2023, 07:42 PM)Lipstick2 Wrote: And what's up with last 2 Mjejanes? I've heard that last time, they're also near the area from the south probably, or are they also far more down to south like the Young Jocks? I didn't see so many updates on them recently.

Mjejanes takeover Jock/Afsaal area from Afsaal males (S.Shishangeni and last EBM) this year.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 08-27-2023, 12:31 AM by BA0701 )

This video shows us what is being done about TB in the lion population, a monumental task. It is a little confusing, one expert claims it is at levels that are threatening the entire lion population, and another who says it isn't so serious. However, it shows us the effects TB has on the lion's bodies, even affecting their bones. These lesions on the bones, which look incredibly painful and quite large, I assume may be the cause of the sores we see on some of the infected lions, basically rubbing holes in the skin from the inside.

6 users Like BA0701's post

Super Moderator

@EverseenSA filmed two obviously older males with a female in Kruger. Not sure who these males are. While they look a little thin, could use a meal, I don't think it is as bad as the comments are making it seem with the "very skinny" comments. Perhaps someone knows who they are.

8 users Like BA0701's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

(08-27-2023, 12:55 AM)BA0701 Wrote: @EverseenSA filmed two obviously older males with a female in Kruger. Not sure who these males are. While they look a little thin, could use a meal, I don't think it is as bad as the comments are making it seem with the "very skinny" comments. Perhaps someone knows who they are.

Those are the s125/Nwaswitsonto males
5 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 08-27-2023, 02:17 PM by Brahim )

Only 1 of those phabenis is seen at pretoriuskop recently. Other 2 were seen near Phabeni couple weeks ago some lady in my group said 3 reunited recently, not sure if it's true she did have pics of one of them though
2 users Like Brahim's post

Hungary Lipstick2 Offline

(08-27-2023, 02:17 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: some lady in my group said 3 reunited recently, not sure if it's true she did have pics of one of them though
That would be great 'cause they're very impressive males so they'd be a strong coalition if stay together. Could we know something about their origins?
Btw, do this means that Fourways Blondie wasn't seen recently?
2 users Like Lipstick2's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

He was seen not that long ago but no real recent sightings of fourways blondie
3 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

1/3 New males around Ngotso.
Credit: Trevor Barnett

Attached Files Image(s)

9 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

6th Gomondwane male.
Credit: Ambra Suardi

Attached Files Image(s)

8 users Like Brahim's post

Hungary Lipstick2 Offline

(08-28-2023, 01:41 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: 6th Gomondwane male.
Credit: Ambra Suardi
He's the best looking of the Gomondwanes.
3 users Like Lipstick2's post

Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 08-30-2023, 01:17 AM by BA0701 )

@"Brahimlegend", my friend, one of my recent posts got me thinking about Mo, have we heard anything about him? Being honest, I don't even recall seeing pics of him after he had gotten out and killed some cattle, though I know it was reported tat he was doing well after he got relocated. He's been through a lot, I hope he can have a good life moving forward.
6 users Like BA0701's post

T I N O Online
Moderators

(08-28-2023, 01:40 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: 1/3 New males around Ngotso.
Credit: Trevor Barnett

This gorgeous specimen shares some resemblances with someone from the past.
3 users Like T I N O's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 08-30-2023, 02:04 PM by Brahim )

Berg en Dal males recently
6 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

@BA0701 Yeah bro I will see if there is anything because to be honest I have not asked nor heard anything about him in a while either.
5 users Like Brahim's post

Super Moderator

(08-30-2023, 02:33 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: @BA0701 Yeah bro I will see if there is anything because to be honest I have not asked nor heard anything about him in a while either.

Thank you Bro, very much for that!
4 users Like BA0701's post