There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Julene Jacobs saw these 2 today 4km north of tshokwane , they look like Mazithi males

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Lubyelubye Bros. Another sighting by Julene, today north of Lower Sabie, she said they were on a mission and heavily scarred up.

Attached Files Image(s)

8 users Like Brahim's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(06-15-2022, 02:29 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Lubyelubye Bros. Another sighting by Julene, today north of Lower Sabie, she said they were on a mission and heavily scarred up.

I wonder who caused these wounds, nearest coalitions are Lower Sabie males, so they could be culprits.
2 users Like Mdz123's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(06-14-2022, 09:39 AM)WARRIOR7 Wrote: So nobody still knows who this male is ???
It is Shaka Mbiri male.
2 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(06-15-2022, 05:10 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: I wonder who caused these wounds, nearest coalitions are Lower Sabie males, so they could be culprits.

Could be. 

Leeupan son and H10 male are also in the area, they are also nomads, so two might compete against each others. 

Also north of Lower Sabi, on H10 are dominant 2 males, also younger ones, 1 is apperantly 4th Imbali male, and his partner "unknown H10 male", sightings of them where posted here couple of months back. 

I cheer for Lubyelubye bros to become dominant one day, they had very tough life so far.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

"Long Face" Leeubron male:

Photo credits : naturallywildbyud

*This image is copyright of its original author
12 users Like Tr1x24's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Transport Dam young male
Possibly the grandson of Majingilane males 

10 users Like lionuk's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(06-15-2022, 08:28 PM)WARRIOR7 Wrote: I have 2 images here , one of zigzag and the other male ... totally different my friend .

Actually, he second male is Shaka since whiskers match and the eye scar is still visible. 

The first male, which you mention is ZigZag, doesn’t really look like him in my eyes, as he doesn’t have the lip injury.
1 user Likes Mdz123's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-15-2022, 10:13 PM by Mdz123 )

(06-15-2022, 05:59 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Also north of Lower Sabi, on H10 are dominant 2 males, also younger ones, 1 is apperantly 4th Imbali male, and his partner "unknown H10 male", sightings of them where posted here couple of months back. 

If I remember correctly, the 4th Imbali male and his partner was seen with the other 3 Imbalis a few months ago, do you have that sighting

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline

These Lubyelubye brothers. Who sired them? Old lubyelubye or jocks? There are also two young lubyelubye young males sired by Smudge & Fudge. Then there is kinky tail lubye lubye
2 users Like Mabingilane's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(06-15-2022, 08:28 PM)WARRIOR7 Wrote: I have 2 images here , one of zigzag and the other male ... totally different my friend .
Shaka Mbiri is hands down the easiest male to ID in entire Kruger. The is no other male with such underdeveloped mane and with huge scar over right eye.
2 users Like Potato's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(06-15-2022, 08:55 PM)lionuk Wrote: Transport Dam young male

who father him ?
2 users Like kobe8jf1234's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(06-16-2022, 02:34 AM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote:
(06-15-2022, 08:55 PM)lionuk Wrote: Transport Dam young male

who father him ?

I remember a few months ago when an unknown source told me that this Transport Dam male might have been fathered by Mangheni males
1 user Likes Mdz123's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(06-15-2022, 11:46 PM)Mabingilane Wrote: These Lubyelubye brothers. Who sired them? Old lubyelubye or jocks? There are also two young lubyelubye young males sired by Smudge & Fudge. Then there is kinky tail lubye lubye

So these LubyeLubye bros were sired by old Jocks. The younger males are indeed sired by Smudge & Fudge/Dark Mane. Idk about Kinky Tail LubyeLubye’s origins.

@Tr1x24 also mentioned, if i remember right, there could be 2 LubyeLubye prides (1 breakaway) which explains why there are 2 LubyeLubye coalitions the same age sired by different males
3 users Like Mdz123's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-16-2022, 05:45 AM by Tr1x24 )

(06-15-2022, 11:46 PM)Mabingilane Wrote: These Lubyelubye brothers. Who sired them? Old lubyelubye or jocks? There are also two young lubyelubye young males sired by Smudge & Fudge. Then there is kinky tail lubye lubye

They are sons of Jock males. 

In 2018, when Mazithis tookover, they where young subs/cubs, then 1 female saved them and raise to adulthood, she was seen with them in very bad condition in 2021, and died. 

Heres photos of them from August 2018, 1 sub didnt make it :

Photo credits : Wild Kruger Safaris 

Older male is much older then younger, its presumed he is born in late 2015/ early 2016, younger is atleast 1 year younger, if not more.

As for Kinky Tail, he is prob a bit older then oldest Lubyelubye bro, he was prob sired by Lubyelubye father, but also prob saved as a cub from Jock males or in some breakaway gruop, thats the reason why those 2 males never link together, as they where similar ages. 

Some say that 1 or even both parties actually come from Nwatimhiri pride, and not Lubyelubye. 

But yea, quite a mystery around those years around Lubyelubye, there was a lot of small gruops and saving cubs in takeovers.
8 users Like Tr1x24's post