There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(03-27-2022, 02:45 AM)Gabriele Wrote: Casper, the White Lion, which coalition does belong and where does it usually move?

He is part of the 4 Young Shishangaan males and he has a territory around the Satara Rest Camp and have the Semana pride
4 users Like Mdz123's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

1/3 S79 males with pride.
Credit: Nhongo Safaris

Attached Files Image(s)

9 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

1/3 Renosterkoppie males.
Credit: Muzi Safaris tours

Attached Files Image(s)

10 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Last Vurhami Mo.
Credit: Ubhuti Lodge

Attached Files Image(s)

13 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Vurhami Mo.
Credit: Saul Maldonado

Attached Files Image(s)

11 users Like Brahim's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

another sighting of Mo
Credits: Kingfisher River Lodge

11 users Like Mdz123's post

Italy Gabriele Offline
( This post was last modified: 03-28-2022, 12:36 AM by Gabriele )

(03-20-2022, 06:19 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(03-20-2022, 01:56 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: So I heard yesteday old lubyelubye was seen running away from something on S130 and there was a report of 5 males fighting on s130 yesterday and later on the 5 Gomondwane males were there so something happened yesterday

Where is Vurhami s28 male? Lately not seen with them.

(03-27-2022, 08:28 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Vurhami Mo.
Credit: Saul Maldonado

He looks healthy, two big paws, black mane and full belly, a beautiful boy. Too bad he is always alone.
2 users Like Gabriele's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators
Lightbulb 

1/3 Ratelpan males with new scars.
Credit: instagram.com/wildlifebruce_crossey

Attached Files Image(s)

8 users Like Brahim's post

Italy Gabriele Offline

Someone could tell me the story of Mbilu, Mo's brother? How old was he, how was his behavior, and why was he killed by the Mjejanes? Thanks

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

Phabeni male
Credits: Danie Bester

9 users Like Mdz123's post

South Africa Wyld@Heart Offline

(03-19-2022, 12:49 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: I would like some clarity regarding Bus, The old Birmingham Lioness please….when you’re up north maybe you can ask around?

She is alive. I am at Orpen now and just spoke to Israel, one of the guides here. She's mostly separated herself from the main pride and he has personally seen her himself two weeks ago but she's alive and fairly well given her age.

Hope this helps and many thanks to Israel.
7 users Like Wyld@Heart's post

South Africa Wyld@Heart Offline

One more thing of note. The thing about Satara pride/Semana pride and what the pride was called was making me quite curious. So I popped into the guides office today but got nobody but as I was coming out two guides came in from the morning walk one of them being the Head Guide, I think, so I waited for the guests to leave and then approached and asked.

Interestingly... the pride is actually called the N'wanetsi pride by the guiding team here. Makes sense, this a really narrow but rich territory they operate in and the N'wanetsi River runs just south of camp. Make of that what you will.
4 users Like Wyld@Heart's post

Belgium criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(03-29-2022, 03:54 PM)Wyld@Heart Wrote:
(03-19-2022, 12:49 AM)criollo2mil Wrote: I would like some clarity regarding Bus, The old Birmingham Lioness please….when you’re up north maybe you can ask around?

She is alive. I am at Orpen now and just spoke to Israel, one of the guides here. She's mostly separated herself from the main pride and he has personally seen her himself two weeks ago but she's alive and fairly well given her age.

Hope this helps and many thanks to Israel.

THATS AWESOME to hear @Wyld@Heart   I really appreciate you asking and following this up.    We dint get many updates from them as we did before.   It’s great news !
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

@Wyld@Heart That's interesting but also makes sense as when you look at sightings from years ago up to last year Nwanetsi pride was South of satara on H1-3 and the current nwanetsi pride that is on s100 close to h1-3 ruled by sweni male only consists of 3 old lioness and one young sub female and the 5 young male subs. So the previous girls are not around, so maybe they formed a breakaway and remained in their previous territory. Because there's even sightings of the sweni male and nwanetsi pride in the current location of caspers pride last year. Unless these 2 prides have always been mistaken for each other, that's also an option, but doubt the guides would confuse them so not sure
1 user Likes Brahim's post

Italy Gabriele Offline

News on magnificent seven Satara Boys?