There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Brahim Offline
Moderators

If these 2 are also then it would make it 4. Because there was a sighting of the other 2 sons not long ago.
3 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Kinkytail Lubyelubye & S36 male 4 days ago.
Credit: Taste of the Bush

Attached Files Image(s)

9 users Like Brahim's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-23-2022, 07:44 PM by Tr1x24 )

S26 males :

I still believe in my theory that these boys are most likely sired by Stolsnek males, similarity between them and young Jocks/BergenDaal boys (even Dreadlocks DeLaporte is copy paste of 1 s26 male) is too big, just compare pictures, they also emerged near the same area.

We know that Stolsnek males, when they came into Jock area and overthrown Mlambane males where already prime males (coalition of 5 at that time, soon 1 male disappeared, and in 2016 atleast 2 got killed by young EBM's), big and massive, and not some youngsters.. So they prob had some prides near by and vast territory. 

3 out of 5 Stolsnek males:

*This image is copyright of its original author

6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Idk those s26 males are hard to tell based on looks lately they look alot like shishangeni and Gomondwane males to me. Not saying they related just lately they remind me of those 2 coalitions
1 user Likes Brahim's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-23-2022, 07:46 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Idk those s26 males are hard to tell based on looks lately they look alot like shishangeni and Gomondwane males to me. Not saying they related just lately they remind me of those 2 coalitions

I dont think so. 

Similarity between them and young Jocks is big. 

S26 male and Dreadlocks DeLaporte, they are pretty much twins :

2 big maned boys:

2 others :

And lets not forget, that Long Mane Styx male was last seen in Jock Concession before he was seen with these guys, so they must have linked in that area.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

SpinoRex Offline
Banned

(03-16-2022, 03:27 AM)Timbavati Wrote:
(03-15-2022, 10:00 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: South Shishangeni 
Credit: Deon Kelbrick

What a gorgeous beast! Definitely, one of the biggest lions around Kruger at the moment

Although the south shishangeni male isnt in his prime anymore he is still probably close to the max weight for lions. The problem is lions with huge dimensions are rather "lean" compared to a other lions, which are visibly bulkier (The recent nomad male I posted before). But wont change the fact he will look probably small next to the SS male. And in his prime SS had even the bulk.

In a conversation with some guys who saw him really close they said he was around 150cm tall at his head. It should give you a idea of his dimensional size.
2 users Like SpinoRex's post

Italy Gabriele Offline

What do you think of the Mjejanes, could they have competed with the Majingilanes (The most brutal lions in recent history)? I hope Mo Vurhami survives for a long time. Be strong Mo.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-23-2022, 11:42 PM)Gabriele Wrote: What do you think of the Mjejanes, could they have competed with the Majingilanes (The most brutal lions in recent history)? I hope Mo Vurhami survives for a long time. Be strong Mo.

Mjejanes are definitely brutes, but we dont know how would any coalition do against each others if we actually dont see them clash, it comes down to speculations based on pretty much nothing.

As for Mo, Mjejanes are not his problem anymore, he has 2 Hippo Pools males to worry about now.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(03-23-2022, 11:42 PM)Gabriele Wrote: What do you think of the Mjejanes, could they have competed with the Majingilanes (The most brutal lions in recent history)? I hope Mo Vurhami survives for a long time. Be strong Mo.

Mjejanes are physically more impressive and overall just superior genetics. Majingalane were great at being strategic in territorial fights and the Mjejanes are very much on the same level in this regard. I'd say it'll be 50/50 despite the numerical advantage in favor of the Majingalane(not including 5th Majingalane).
1 user Likes sik94's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-24-2022, 12:22 AM by Tr1x24 )

(03-23-2022, 11:54 PM)sik94 Wrote: Mjejanes are physically more impressive and overall just superior genetics. Majingalane were great at being strategic in territorial fights and the Mjejanes are very much on the same level in this regard. I'd say it'll be 50/50 despite the numerical advantage in favor of the Majingalane(not including 5th Majingalane).

3vs4 cant and its not 50:50 (if we talk all males in prime and healthy), coalition with numbers advantage will almost always win, size here matters not. 

4 Majingilanes didn't have any problems overtaking 3 prime and bigger/more impressive males then them, Selatis (who also win 4vs3 vs Mapogos, althrough Mapogos where out of the prime years). 

Mjejanes are brutes, but i think they are getting overhyped over killing few 3-4 yrs old young males, to the point where people think they can beat prime coalition with lesser numbers, which i dont think is reasonable.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

SpinoRex Offline
Banned

Mjejane Toya Male - Kruger NP

He makes the lioness looking like a cub! Is he truly the biggest Mjejane male and can he rival the SS male in dimensional size? 

Anyways a beautiful lion. 

8 users Like SpinoRex's post

Italy Gabriele Offline

How old are the Hippo Pools? One of them looks young

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(03-23-2022, 06:05 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: If these 2 are also then it would make it 4. Because there was a sighting of the other 2 sons not long ago.

where the other 2 ?

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat
( This post was last modified: 03-24-2022, 01:13 AM by sik94 )

(03-24-2022, 12:09 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 11:54 PM)sik94 Wrote: Mjejanes are physically more impressive and overall just superior genetics. Majingalane were great at being strategic in territorial fights and the Mjejanes are very much on the same level in this regard. I'd say it'll be 50/50 despite the numerical advantage in favor of the Majingalane(not including 5th Majingalane).

3vs4 cant and its not 50:50 (if we talk all males in prime and healthy), coalition with numbers advantage will almost always win, size here matters not. 

4 Majingilanes didn't have any problems overtaking 3 prime and bigger/more impressive males then them, Selatis (who also win 4vs3 vs Mapogos, althrough Mapogos where out of the prime years). 

Mjejanes are brutes, but i think they are getting overhyped over killing few 3-4 yrs old young males, to the point where people think they can beat prime coalition with lesser numbers, which i dont think is reasonable.

I don't think numerical numbers matter that much when both sides have decent numbers numbers and within +1 or -1 of each other, 3vs4 isn't really an advantage imo. It'll be more who can get a significant win early, if 3 Mjejanes corner 1 Majingilane and take him out, the other 3 would think hard about continuing the fight, and if 3/4 Majingalane corner 1 Mjejane and take him out, the other 2 would think hard about continuing the fight because at that point the numerical disadvantage would become too significant. The three Selaties that  Majingilane went up against weren't no Mjejanes, they were pretty much already a splintered coalition and never really stood a chance, the Mjejanes have similar strategic and unity to the Majingilane and would put up a big fight.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-24-2022, 03:02 AM by Tr1x24 )

(03-24-2022, 01:12 AM)sik94 Wrote: I don't think numerical numbers matter that much when both sides have decent numbers numbers and within +1 or -1 of each other, 3vs4 isn't really an advantage imo. It'll be more who can get a significant win early, if 3 Mjejanes corner 1 Majingilane and take him out, the other 3 would think hard about continuing the fight, and if 3/4 Majingalane corner 1 Mjejane and take him out, the other 2 would think hard about continuing the fight because at that point the numerical disadvantage would become too significant.

Disagree, 1 male is huge advantage when we talk both coalitions being in prime years and healthy, i mean find me 1 example of this where a coalition with lesser numbers actually beat a bigger coalition (exclude young coalitions or old/out of prime coalitions), and im not talking about some meaningless scirmishes, yet about real takeovers, there is none..

Well, thats a different story if some coalition suprise attack and find another male alone and kill him, with his other brothers being away and unaware that they have been attacked, we are speaking about direct clashing, when both coalitions members are all there and at "war". 

(03-24-2022, 01:12 AM)sik94 Wrote: The three Selaties that  Majingilane went up against weren't no Mjejanes, they were pretty much already a splintered coalition and never really stood a chance, the Mjejanes have similar strategic and unity to the Majingilane and would put up a big fight.

Selatis are not Mjejanes? What do you mean? 

Splintered coalition? Theres literaly a few videos of last nights when Majingilanes invaded, of 3 Selati together roaring and scent marking, trying to defend their territory. 

People think that Selati#3 was randomly caught, which is false, Selatis and Majingilanes where going at each others for few nights, reports of roaring and fight sounds in the night, but they couldn't do nothing, after few days they found 2 Selatis together keeping low profile with Majingilanes roaring in western sector, then shortly after body of Selati #3 was found, which meant that Selatis lost the war and remaining 2 left that area. 

Majingilanes didn't win that war by randomly caughting Selati #3, because Selatis where "splintered coalition", no, they won it 4 vs 3, Selati #3 was the victim of that war. 

And idk why you think 3 Mjejanes are > 3 Selatis? Theres literaly no way we can know that. I'll remember you again, so far what we know about Mjejanes, they oust 2 Croc Bridge males in a 3 vs 2, and they killed few 3-4 yrs young males, who where absolutely nowhere near the lvl needed to contest adult males and territory. So lets not overexaggerate and overhype them that far.

I can see Mjejanes being favorits against most of coalitions of 3s, but idt its 50:50 against a coalition of 4, especially an unit as Majingilanes, but thats my opinion.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post