There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Brahim Offline
Moderators

@lionuk she didn’t return to the Nwaswitshaka pride she is a solo lioness spotted here and there, I think lion sands posted her the otherday
3 users Like Brahim's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(06-16-2021, 08:41 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: @lionuk she didn’t return to the Nwaswitshaka pride she is a solo lioness spotted here and there, I think lion sands posted her the otherday

Okay, thanks for the information. Do you know where to find that link? It's unfortunate that she's a solo, but I really hope she's safe and well.
1 user Likes lionuk's post

United States NCAT33 Offline

(06-16-2021, 06:14 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: 3 Lower Sabie males .
Credit: Kruger Pride Safaris.

None of your images are coming through
1 user Likes NCAT33's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Would males not help/defend their sister?
1 user Likes Hairy tummy's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(06-16-2021, 11:02 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Would males not help/defend their sister?

They might not have been around when it happened.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

Males typically stay out of lioness fights. 

Though even if they do intervene, they would have to be around 24/7 to prevent hostility.
It would be nearly impossible for her to eat in peace and if she hunts for herself, the other lionesses would just take it from her. 
So even if they successfully defend her. It will simply not be enough.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

@lionuk i cant find the link. But my friend follows her and saves her recent sightings . When he replies with them I will send them to you
1 user Likes Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

So this is Nwaswitshaka sister in May/June sightings. My friend said she’s been seen with other lioness but he thinks it’s nwaswitshaka breakaway and not the core pride as they are further south on s65/ h1-1.

https://www.facebook.com/wildphotoafrica/posts/892337864678672

Attached Files Image(s)

10 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Finally a close up of Maputo male, the Mozambique male causing Kumana problems.
Credit: Brian Rode

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Lubyelubye Brothers, Sons of 5 Old Jocks.

S28, 800m from H4-2 north got up and crossed the road heading into the drainage.
Credit: Kerry Balaam *Kruger Pride Safaris*

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like Brahim's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

@Brahimlegend Thanks a lot for the pictures. I'm happy to see that lioness looks well and that she has been seen with other lioness. I presume they don't have cubs, right?
2 users Like lionuk's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

Low angle of the 3 Mopani males on the H14, Kruger National Park. What powerhouses!

8 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

@lionuk Not sure, when I see a new update on her I will post
2 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Lubyelubye Father & Son
Credit: Nombekana Safaris & wildlife photography

Attached Files Image(s)

11 users Like Brahim's post

Tr1x24 Offline