There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

About #2.858

I thought that the 7 (now 5) young Gomondwane were originally 9 boys. It seemed to me that I had read in this same forum a long time ago when they had just left the pride that there were 9, I even think there was a white one among them. I don't know if I'm in the wrong coalition.

Venezuela titose Offline

(01-20-2021, 03:20 AM)Cunaguaro Wrote: About #2.858

I thought that the 7 (now 5) young Gomondwane were originally 9 boys. It seemed to me that I had read in this same forum a long time ago when they had just left the pride that there were 9, I even think there was a white one among them. I don't know if I'm in the wrong coalition.

@Cunaguaro 
The ones you name are the young Shishangaam males (Casper and his brothers), currently they are 4 males this year turn 7 years old and are not yet dominant, but everything points to this year they become dominant.
2 users Like titose's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

@titose Thanks for answering and clearing up my confusion brother. Cheers!
1 user Likes Cunaguaro's post

Venezuela titose Offline

The last two huge and legendary Shishangeni males going for a reconnaissance stroll of their territory.
#Knp #S25
Kruger PRIDE Safaris

*This image is copyright of its original author

7 users Like titose's post

Venezuela titose Offline

Vurhami boys Moyo (Mo) and Mbilu ~ 2 hearts!

"So, someone made a very valid point the other day... why does Mo’s bro not have a name???
I started thinking about it, and thought, that his name should really have something to do with heart... (because these boys have so much heart) and it should be in Shangaan (Tsonga), one of our main languages of the Lowveld. 
I asked our staff at Ellie Walk, what heart is, and they told me it’s ... “Mbilu”
And after doing some research, I found that heart/s in Shona and Swahili is... “Moyo” which could be Mo’s full name ..."
By: Life is Sheedy (Danielle Sheedy)

Venezuela titose Offline

The three beautiful and majestic Golden Mopani/Shimuwini males dominating in the Ngobeni area. 
#Knp #H14rd 
By: Kobus de Beer

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 01-20-2021, 03:01 PM by Brahim )

1/2 Leeubron males Sniptail. Looking at some pictures today I realised I id this guy wrong. But better news it’s a Leeubron who hasn’t been seen for some months . Seen with lioness and young ones.
Images by: Mohammed Jinnah

Attached Files Image(s)

5 users Like Brahim's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-20-2021, 03:00 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: 1/2 Leeubron males Sniptail. Looking at some pictures today I realised I id this guy wrong. But better news it’s a Leeubron who hasn’t been seen for some months . Seen with lioness and young ones.

Where was that, there was nothing from Leeubron males for ages, s126??

Brahim Offline
Moderators

@Tr1x24 s36. Prior to this I have good pictures of both males when they were last spotted in October, they were slightly south of where they used to be
2 users Like Brahim's post

Venezuela titose Offline

An unbreakable bond being portrayed in the beautiful autumn colors, the 3 Mphongolo boys sired by the famous Boyela brothers at Sirheni area on s56 north of the Shingwedzi camp.
#Knp #Shingwedzicamp #Sirheni
By: Deon Kelbrick ??

9 users Like titose's post

Venezuela titose Offline

A tank on the way!! the biggest male of the young Jock males showing us his voluminous body. What a beast, this boy must be one of the biggest lions of the south of Kruger his parents were described as huge beasts and their children go by the same way.
#Knp #BergenDal #Malelane
By: SJS

8 users Like titose's post

Venezuela titose Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-20-2021, 11:29 PM by titose )

"Moyo (Mo) and Mbilu" The last 2 Vurhami boys, sons of the Shishangeni males at Crocodile bridge area.
#Knp #Crocodilebridge
By: Teresa Claassen

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

1 of the young Sand River males, lesser maned male, who was often seen alone in Sabi Sands in early to mid 2020:

Photo Credit : wildshotsaa

I must admit, i was quite sceptical about his survival, but this male proved me wrong, he was able to survive on his own at only around 2.5 years of age for months until he found his brother and sister.. Now with his brother and almost 1 year older, it must be like walk in the park for him..

Throwback at him in early 2019, when he was only around 1.5 yrs old: 

Photo Credit : Mark Winckler

11 users Like Tr1x24's post

Venezuela titose Offline

the formidable and imposing five Gomondwane males on S28 the new kings of the Vurhami Bridge area
#Knp #S28
By: Zaakir Kajee

8 users Like titose's post

Hairy tummy Offline

The gomondwane on the move look like a army rolling in
1 user Likes Hairy tummy's post