There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(01-05-2021, 02:45 PM)BigLion39 Wrote: Who sired Matshapiris?

The fathers of them are unknown males. There are some pics of them in KNP in 2012 as far i remember

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Torchwood male at Leeupan

*This image is copyright of its original author
3 users Like Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Found these boys on the S1 in Kruger, still wondering where they came from. Have not seen these in that area before. Tehy looked amazing all the same.

We found these guys on the S1 one morning in Kruger. That was a red letter day. We actually saw 10 male lions on the same road. The photos of the first group of 4 were not good. These how ever came out better. Again, I am still finding out who they are and from where they came.

3 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-07-2021, 04:37 PM by Tr1x24 )

(01-07-2021, 02:07 PM)Potato Wrote: Found these boys on the S1 in Kruger, still wondering where they came from. Have not seen these in that area before. Tehy looked amazing all the same.

Those are Nwaswitshaka boys, Belly Scar and Wide Nose.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Sand River boys succesfully run away from N'ws on S1, they are now on H4-1, 5km of Skukuza, going east, Kruger Sightings:

https://twitter.com/LatestKruger/status/1347152537732993024?s=20

6 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(01-07-2021, 02:07 PM)Potato Wrote: Found these boys on the S1 in Kruger, still wondering where they came from. Have not seen these in that area before. Tehy looked amazing all the same.

We found these guys on the S1 one morning in Kruger. That was a red letter day. We actually saw 10 male lions on the same road. The photos of the first group of 4 were not good. These how ever came out better. Again, I am still finding out who they are and from where they came.

N'waswitshaka males as Tr1x24 mentioned
1 user Likes T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(01-07-2021, 08:49 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Sand River boys succesfully run away from N'ws on S1, they are now on H4-1, 5km of Skukuza, going east, Kruger Sightings:

https://twitter.com/LatestKruger/status/1347152537732993024?s=20

Fortunately the did! Hope these boys will make it
1 user Likes T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-07-2021, 09:31 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: Fortunately the did! Hope these boys will make it

Its yet to be seen, both Sand Rivers and Plains Camp males are born around mid to late 2017.. So they are now just over 3 yrs of age and still some time away from being able to contest other males for territory..

Gijima Offline

(01-07-2021, 10:27 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 09:31 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: Fortunately the did! Hope these boys will make it

Its yet to be seen, both Sand Rivers and Plains Camp males are born around mid to late 2017.. So they are now just over 3 yrs of age and still some time away from being able to contest other males for territory..

Wow, they are a lot younger than I though. Great that they have been able to survive by themselves so long. Are they traveling into Mantimahle territory?
1 user Likes Gijima's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-08-2021, 12:15 AM by Tr1x24 )

(01-07-2021, 11:39 PM)Gijima Wrote: Wow, they are a lot younger than I though. Great that they have been able to survive by themselves so long. Are they traveling into Mantimahle territory?

I dont know exact dates, but they are definetly not born before mid 2017.. So at best case they are 3.5 yrs old. 

Mantimahle and SR pride and cubs in May 2018:

Photo Credit : kuradiya

In mid to late 2019 when they got abandoned/chased away, those 8 subadults where only 2 - 2.5 yrs old..unfortunately it seems that only 4 survived.. 

PC subadults and 5th in February 2019 at Plains Camp :

They look to be only around 1.5 yrs old there.. 

No, they are now in border area between S. Avocas and s129 males..

This is an area where nomadic males hang out, because this is outskirt area of dominant males (which they dont patrol that often), Talamati male and Dreadlocks can be seen here (Talamati was seen around the same spot just few days ago) and Plains Camp males where recently seen just a bit more north. 

It would be quite nice if SR and PC males somehow unite.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

Venezuela titose Offline

-A Future King to be-

This young male is one of the sub-adult males of the Sweni pride...
#knp #Satara #Swenipride
By: Anouk Bänffer

5 users Like titose's post

Venezuela titose Offline

One of the 3 young #Biyamati males, the unmistakable silver eye (left eye blind), seen between Skukuza and Pretoriuskop, near Skukuza. 
#Knp #Skukuza
By: Quintin Burmeister

6 users Like titose's post

Venezuela titose Offline

The powerhouse #Mjejane Coalition again this week. The 3 huge males were looking quite chilled and taking some time out from enforcing dominance over their huge territory along the Crocodile River, Kruger National Park.
#MjejaneGameReserve #Viciouscoalicion 
By: Leo Vantage Private Guided Safaris

T, Pretty Boy and Toya 

9 users Like titose's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

1 of the 2 new H7 males, what a beast:

Photo Credit : Big on Wild

S. Shishangeni male, near Afsaal :

Photo Credit: jan.kriel

He has an unknown partner, is somebody has a photos of him it would be nice.. They seem to settle in the area near Afsaal on H2-2.. 

Lubyelubye males roaring :

https://twitter.com/LatestKruger/status/1347067221877673985?s=20

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Does anyone has more info on South Shishangeni males?

I found old pictures of them from 2016/17, they where coalition of 4 and where dominant around s25 area near Crocodile Bridge, also pride males of S. Shishangeni and Hippo Pools prides (4 young Hippo Pools might be their sons, and not Shishangenis??).

Photo Credits: Discover Kruger 

I also found this info about remaining S. Shishangeni male (credit: Lauren Pretorius):

He somehow separate from them and escape out of Kruger, and reintroduced again.. 

But what happened to the other 3? It seems that they lost that area to Shishangeni males around 2017/18...