There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The dominant Eastern Bank male in all his glory seen in December 2019 at Kambaku River Lodge (He was seen a couple of months ago with a lioness) photo posted by my friend: @"Brahimlegend" 
Photo credits: Joe
Kambaku River Lodge-KNP-12/15/19

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The two Kambaku young males!
Photo credits: Leanne Santana from Kambaku River Lodge
Kambaku River Lodge-KNP-08/14/19

7 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Our 2 resident young males injuring an older male who was then joined by another male ...... Loads of fighting. The older male lying in a ditch hardly able to move with the younger ones watching over him now. Video to follow. The bush can be harsh! (Video posted yesterday)
Kambaku River Lodge-KNP-08/14/19.

4 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 12-03-2020, 11:41 PM by T I N O )

One of The Bergendal Boys, often seen on the Bergendal tar road and H3.   A coalition of 3 with an incredible bond with one another.  
Kambaku River Lodge-KNP-12/03/20.

6 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-03-2020, 09:54 PM by Tr1x24 )

(12-03-2020, 06:51 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: @Tr1x24  Some photos of the Kambaku males/"South Shishangeni sons"
I'm very interested on know who's the third blonde male that appears in the picture
Photo credits to his original author

I think the 3rd male might be the male i posted with S. Shishangeni in early to mid 2019..

Other 2 prob left the pride earlier and moved into Kambaku area, while he was left with S. Shishangeni male and in mid 2019 he disapeared (rumor is that he was killed)..

This boys are warriors from young age, great blood in them. 

Great find and information @TinoArmando!
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Also, those photos are taken by Kambaku Lodge, but some of them are taken outside their Lodge, like Mjejanes, 5th Mpondo etc.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 12-03-2020, 10:53 PM by T I N O )

(12-03-2020, 09:43 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(12-03-2020, 06:51 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: @Tr1x24  Some photos of the Kambaku males/"South Shishangeni sons"
I'm very interested on know who's the third blonde male that appears in the picture
Photo credits to his original author

I think the 3rd male might be the male i posted with S. Shishangeni in early to mid 2019..

Other 2 prob left the pride earlier and moved into Kambaku area, while he was left with S. Shishangeni male and in mid 2019 he disapeared (rumor is that he was killed)..

This boys are warriors from young age, great blood in them. 

Great find and information @TinoArmando!
Anytime my friend,Always a pleasure!
Well I think it makes some sense as probably 1 of the 3 has died and the other 2 split up and are dominant on their own.
Definitely for their young age. Those boys are true warriors and serious boys, The Kambaku boys given a tough lesson to these two old kings
4 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(12-03-2020, 09:48 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Also, those photos are taken by Kambaku Lodge, but some of them are taken outside their Lodge, like Mjejanes, 5th Mpondo etc.

That's exactly what i was thinking,If they are alive perhaps are around some area where the cars and nobody can enter. I have asked recently to Leanne Santana about them. 
They weren't seen for awhile
3 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

A big mature male marking and patrolling his territory. This happens pretty regularly, especially after a good rain. Lions and other cats like to go out and renew their markings that have been washed away.
Photo credits: Dreadlion Safaris
KNP-S28-12/03/20.

6 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(12-03-2020, 11:38 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: A big mature male marking and patrolling his territory. This happens pretty regularly, especially after a good rain. Lions and other cats like to go out and renew their markings that have been washed away.
KNP-S28-12/03/20.

Young Gomondwane?
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(12-04-2020, 12:00 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(12-03-2020, 11:38 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: A big mature male marking and patrolling his territory. This happens pretty regularly, especially after a good rain. Lions and other cats like to go out and renew their markings that have been washed away.
KNP-S28-12/03/20.

Young Gomondwane?

This was around the S28,And,As far I remember, This area belongs to Gomondwane territory
1 user Likes T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(12-04-2020, 12:08 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: This was around the S28,And,As far I remember, This area belongs to Gomondwane territory

Yea, Gomondwanes and H4/s28 males, but this is not one of H4 males.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(12-04-2020, 12:54 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(12-04-2020, 12:08 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: This was around the S28,And,As far I remember, This area belongs to Gomondwane territory

Yea, Gomondwanes and H4/s28 males, but this is not one of H4 males.

Yeah,Definitely this is one of the Gomondwane males
3 users Like T I N O's post

South Africa Gerhard Offline

(12-03-2020, 10:54 PM)TinoArmando Wrote:
(12-03-2020, 09:48 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Also, those photos are taken by Kambaku Lodge, but some of them are taken outside their Lodge, like Mjejanes, 5th Mpondo etc.

That's exactly what i was thinking,If they are alive perhaps are around some area where the cars and nobody can enter. I have asked recently to Leanne Santana about them. 
They weren't seen for awhile

Getting confused, Kambaku outside Kruger naming males??
2 users Like Gerhard's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 12-04-2020, 08:27 PM by T I N O )

Yes Kambaku River Lodge , at least they did it with the Mjejane males and the Young Jock males
1 user Likes T I N O's post