There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(12-02-2020, 08:21 AM)titose Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 01:50 AM)TinoArmando Wrote:
*This image is copyright of its original author

1994 The C males of the Mpanamana pride rejoined their natal pride at five years of age and tried to exert dominance over the pride wanting to mate with their mothers and aunts. The lionesses would have none of it and two bigger and darker maned lions chased them off and claimed the pride for themselves. 
This coalition lived on the basalt plains of Kruger National Park, about halfway between Lower Sabie and Crocodile Bridge camps
Photo credits: Paul Funston

The Mpanamana Pride is today the Shishangeni/Vurhami/HippoPool/SouthLowerSabie/Gomondwane Pride was an emblematic pride in the southeastern area of Kruger NP, all of these prides originated from the Mpanamana Pride which came to have over 60 members among them!

The C males were 5 and were distinguished by their hind leg mark ©, these males together with the Mpanamana pride were marked for scientific studies.

Thank you for this post, as always very useful @TinoArmando

Anytime my friend,Thank you for the additional information.  They were ousted by other black-maned males that were named as the D males.
1 user Likes T I N O's post

Venezuela titose Offline

2/3 Shishangeni males
"Two male lions slightly upstream from Jackalberry parking area. Lying on the ridge, behind the large tree, to the left of the gully near Marloth Park." 
KNP
By: Maureen Oxlee Jarratt

5 users Like titose's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-02-2020, 07:50 PM by Tr1x24 )

(12-02-2020, 03:25 AM)Gijima Wrote: What an impressive looking male... N’waswitshakas all have such a unique look. Does he have any brothers/ coalition partners?

Thats not recent sighting, right @TinoArmando? he is born in 2012,he was last seen around S1 and Phabeni Gate with Renosterkoppies nomadic male (Tramp) and 1 more male (maybe his brother) in 2018.. And nothing since..

Here is the video, from 1:50 :

Beautiful male, they where prob chased away by Charlestons from that area..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Beautiful Masorini males, on H9, 10 east of Phalaborwa Gate, Kruger Sightings :

2 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(12-02-2020, 07:15 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 03:25 AM)Gijima Wrote: What an impressive looking male... N’waswitshakas all have such a unique look. Does he have any brothers/ coalition partners?

Thats not recent sighting, right @TinoArmando? he is born in 2012,he was last seen around S1 and Phabeni Gate with Renosterkoppies nomadic male (Tramp) and 1 more male (maybe his brother).. And nothing since..

Here is the video, from 1:50 :

Beautiful male, they where prob chased away by Charlestons from that area..
I have asked the photographer about the date of the image. Without an answer yet.
1 user Likes T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(12-02-2020, 07:41 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: I have asked the photographer about the date of the image. Without an answer yet

Prob around 2018, he looks like in that video.. Now he would be 8 yrs old and much darker mane..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The three Bergendal Boys seen recently! They were looking in fantastic shape
Photo credits: Kambaku River Lodge

3 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(12-02-2020, 07:50 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(12-02-2020, 07:41 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: I have asked the photographer about the date of the image. Without an answer yet

Prob around 2018, he looks like in that video.. Now he would be 8 yrs old and much darker mane..

Of course,This is an old photo from 2017 or 2018, I've posted a few sightings of him around 2017 a few months ago
2 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The S129 male!
Photo credits: Arun C Rao
KNP-12/02/20.

5 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

[color=var(--primary-text)]What a gorgeous looking of 1/2 Middelvlei males in all his glory![/color]

4 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 12-03-2020, 07:19 AM by T I N O )

The two sons of the south Shishangeni male killing an old male lion at Kambaku River Lodge 
Final Fight of the Lion King in Epic Battle at Kruger National Park
The other old male arrive at the area of where his partner was badly injury. He was roaring and scent the bushes, He was been roaring to the two young males that have almost killed to his partner. However, this bravery wasn't so long,the two young males turned around and chased him for a couple of meters until the old king was caught as his partner was.
Without a doubt. These two old kings had a very tough day!

3 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Throwback to November 2019 (As per YT posted video). When the two Lubyelubye males (Smudge and his bro) caught and give a lesson to one of the two S129 males
2 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Up close and personal with a handsome male lion seen in the S28 in the Kruger National Park
Photo credits: Dreadlion Wildlife Safaris
KNP-02/02/2020

4 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-03-2020, 01:37 PM by Tr1x24 )

(12-03-2020, 07:23 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Throwback to November 2019 (As per YT posted video). When the two Lubyelubye males (Smudge and his bro) caught and give a lesson to one of the two S129 males

So that male on the video is one S129/Mazithi Dam male? The one who has scars on his back?

What a beast, he is bigger and stronger then Mazithi males, but he was outnumbered..

Video of him mating near Nkuhlu few months ago:

3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(12-03-2020, 07:10 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: The two sons of the south Shishangeni male killing an old male lion at Kambaku River Lodge 
Final Fight of the Lion King in Epic Battle at Kruger National Park
The other old male arrive at the area of where his partner was badly injury. He was roaring and scent the bushes, He was been roaring to the two young males that have almost killed to his partner. However, this bravery wasn't so long,the two young males turned around and chased him for a couple of meters until the old king was caught as his partner was.
Without a doubt. These two old kings had a very tough day!

2 Kambaku males are S. Shishangeni sons?
2 users Like Tr1x24's post