There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(09-04-2020, 11:39 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 11:03 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: According Graeme Mitchley he was 9/10 years old.

Thats impossible, he looks like 6 yrs old male atleast there in 2013..

Impossible to our eye.
Graeme spent a lot of time with him in Kruger.
So he might be right as he might be wrong, nobody knows
1 user Likes T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(09-05-2020, 12:40 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Impossible to our eye.
Graeme spent a lot of time with him in Kruger.
So he might be right as he might be wrong, nobody knows

His son is around 6 yrs old..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Young Masorini males, Kruger Sightings :

*This image is copyright of its original author

8 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

old Lubyelubye male 2017
Photo credits: Wild Kruger Safaris

7 users Like T I N O's post

Venezuela titose Offline

One of the Mpanamana pride males known as the Gomondwane male coalition resting near Shonga camp... KNP!
-Old pic-
Camp Shonga
By: Emanuele Stano

8 users Like titose's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Singita KNP update
  • The Mountain pride and cubs were seen in good condition with full bellies on a few occasions. Although the cubs aren’t fully accustomed to vehicles, it is evident that they are taking their cue from the older lionesses and slowly warming up to our presence.
  • This Shishangaan pride was seen regularly around the N’wanetsi River. The pride now consists of five lionesses with six cubs. Unfortunately, some of the cubs contracted mange, and one of the cubs had succumbed to the effects of this disease. It is always sad to see sick and weak animals, but this is Nature’s way of ensuring the fittest and strongest will survive to pass on the best genes to the next generation. It does however appear that the remaining cubs are slowly recovering from this naturally occurring disease.
  • The remaining Kumana male with the droopy lip was seen mating with one of the females from the Shishangaan pride, so the prospects of additional cubs joining this pride in less than four months is high. We are keeping our fingers crossed.
  • The Mananga pride was seen on a few occasions on the property trailing the large herds of buffalo that are now frequenting the basalt plains. Although no kill was witnessed it was evident that they were in good condition and the cubs are growing strong. They were also seen with Xihamham, the dominant member of the Shishangaan male coalition.
  • The other two members of Shishangaan male coalition were seen apart from Xihamham, but we’ve heard reports that one of the brothers might have been severely injured during a skirmish between other lions or during a failed hunt.
  • Being situated in the Kruger National Park, which is the roughly the same size as Wales, New Jersey and Swaziland, we have a large number of nomadic or neighbouring prides wandering through our concession. This is always exciting as we are reminded just how unpredictable the bush is. This month alone we have had a coalition of five young males that are spending more time close to the western boundary of our property. Their roars can be heard around the staff camp. It will be interesting to see if these cats will start to take up residence as they might start to challenge both the remaining Kumana male and the Shishangaan males.
4 users Like Potato's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-07-2020, 07:06 PM by T I N O )

the 5th Mantimahle - August 25 2020 - Lower Sabie H4-2
Credit: Gerhard  Mostert

7 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Monochrome of one of the Sweni males
Image credits: Rebecca Rowles 

5 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

the Kanniedood pride - The Kanniedood is located on the S50 south of Shingwedzi a force to be reckoned with in the area!
Image credit: Deon Kelbrick

6 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

One of the Boyela males photographed last year on the H1-7 near Boyela watering hole on route to Babalala picnic spot in the North
Image credit: Adele Sneyd

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The two Leeupan males on a morning territorial patrol near Mazithi Dam - Kruger National Park - July 2019
Image credits: Wild Kruger Safaris

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Portrait of the oldest Mpondo male KNP
Credit: Yannick De Pauw

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Sweni King surveying his kingdom
credit: Diressh Parbhoo

T I N O Offline
Moderators

A beast of Kruger National Park
One of the Lubyelubye males
credit: A.Z Photography

T I N O Offline
Moderators

One of the 2 males we saw last week close to Nkuhlu between Lowe Sabie and Skukuza. A beaut of a specimen.
S129 male
Credit: Wild Photo Africa Safaris