There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-16-2020, 04:33 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 02:21 PM)Matimbalani Wrote: I don't see any wounds on these guys so hopefully it didn't come to blows. I guess the Talamati male is gone. I don't think he would survive without his coalition mates.

Yea, i think Talamati is gone for quite some time now, he was in very poor condition at the beginning of 2020..

Shame for DeLaportes that Mpondos decided to return, but thats the fight they cant win, Mpondos are beasts, look at those dark manes holy..
If I remember the Talamati males were sired by Nhduna...
In 2012/3 he has fathered 3 cubs in KNP in the same area where the Talamati pride used to move
1 user Likes T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-16-2020, 09:04 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: If I remember the Talamati males were sired by Nhduna...
In 2012/3 he has fathered 3 cubs in KNP in the same area where the Talamati pride used to move

I think pretty much all males mated with Talamati pride at that point, Talamati with Mhanghenis looks like Ndunha, but DeLaporte Talamati looks most similar to WhiteFace Matimba and idk for the 3rd Talamati..
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

South Africa Gerhard Offline
Photo 

(08-16-2020, 08:10 AM)Hi seems like Mpondos are real controllers of the huge centre area below Skukuza. Must update my map  accordingly, will be there on Monday. Tr1x24 Wrote: 3 Mpondo males at DeLaporte waterhole:

It seems that they scattered DeLaporte males for good and reclaim their old territory.. 

Dreadlocks was seen few times around Skukuza, but no sign of Hildas Rock and Tsalala male for quite some time now, hope that they didn't encounter Mpondos and are alright somewhere.. 

Mpondos now hold vast territory, almost from Skukuza and all the way beyond Afsaal, which is like 40,50 km distance,thats bigger then whole Sabi Sands from north to south... 

This shows greatness of Mpondo coalition..

Attached Files Image(s)

1 user Likes Gerhard's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-17-2020, 02:25 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-16-2020, 09:04 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: If I remember the Talamati males were sired by Nhduna...

I think pretty much all males mated with Talamati pride at that point, Talamati with Mhanghenis looks like Ndunha, but DeLaporte Talamati looks most similar to WhiteFace Matimba and idk for the 3rd Talamati..

I think so
1 user Likes T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-17-2020, 07:14 PM)Gerhard Wrote: Attached FilesImage(s)

*This image is copyright of its original author

Thats an very old map i guess
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(08-17-2020, 08:03 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-17-2020, 07:14 PM)Gerhard Wrote: Attached FilesImage(s)

Thats an very old map i guess

If I'm not mistaken, isn't Red Road Male in KNP?

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Red Road  male is in central Manyeleti.
2 users Like Potato's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(08-17-2020, 10:36 PM)Potato Wrote: Red Road  male is in central Manyeleti.
Thank you my friend, for clearing up my confusion. Cheers!
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

4 Young males around s79, on H4-1,close to Nkuhlu, Kruger Sightings :

It seems that this male who was seen there few days ago is not 1 of the 2 s129 (they where seen closer to Skukuza, and are older) , yet part of this coalition of 4 young males:

As I said this is core territory of Mantimahles, this young males are pretty bold to hang in that area..

It seems that Mantimahles might get challanged soon, 2 s129 males and this 4 young males moving around their territory and Mantimahles are not getting younger.. 

Any idea who this 4 are? Muntshe young males maybe?
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

New Zealand Selati Offline

(08-18-2020, 01:51 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: 4 Young males around s79, on H4-1,close to Nkuhlu, Kruger Sightings :

It seems that this male who was seen there few days ago is not 1 of the 2 s129 (they where seen closer to Skukuza, and are older) , yet part of this coalition of 4 young males:

As I said this is core territory of Mantimahles, this young males are pretty bold to hang in that area..

It seems that Mantimahles might get challanged soon, 2 s129 males and this 4 young males moving around their territory and Mantimahles are not getting younger.. 

Any idea who this 4 are? Muntshe young males maybe?

Aren't the 2 S129 Males 2 of the 5 young Muntshe Males? I guess that these 4 could be the missing 3 young Muntshe Males plus a new partner they picked up.
1 user Likes Selati's post

( This post was last modified: 08-18-2020, 03:09 AM by Selati )

I reckon the Mantimahles should be fine for the moment. There are still 5 of them and 10 years old isn't too far out of their prime. Although the 5th Mantimahle hasn't been seen for a while.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 08-18-2020, 03:48 AM by Tr1x24 )

(08-18-2020, 03:04 AM)Selati Wrote: Aren't the 2 S129 Males 2 of the 5 young Muntshe Males? I guess that these 4 could be the missing 3 young Muntshe Males plus a new partner they picked up.

No, 2 s129 males are from Muntshe pride and where 5 of then but they are much older..

Theres new generation of 6 Muntshe young males, they went nomadic just recently, here are they close to Lower Sabi in February :

https://www.facebook.com/latestsightings...627676656/

It might be the same male?? :

3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-18-2020, 03:07 AM)Selati Wrote: I reckon the Mantimahles should be fine for the moment. There are still 5 of them and 10 years old isn't too far out of their prime. Although the 5th Mantimahle hasn't been seen for a while.

Well yea they are 5, but 2 males are rarely with other 3 who spend time with Nkuhlu pride.

And if those are 6 Muntshe males, they are outnumbered, ofc if the Muntshe males are still 6 strong, because i've heard rumor that 3 Mantimahles caught and mauled 1 of them few months ago, but idk if thats true..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

(08-18-2020, 03:38 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 03:04 AM)Selati Wrote: Aren't the 2 S129 Males 2 of the 5 young Muntshe Males? I guess that these 4 could be the missing 3 young Muntshe Males plus a new partner they picked up.

No, 2 s129 males are from Muntshe pride and where 5 of then but they are much older..

Theres new generation of 6 Muntshe young males, they went nomadic just recently, here are they close to Lower Sabi in February :

https://www.facebook.com/latestsightings...627676656/

It might be the same male?? :

Ah I see. Thanks for clearing that up. Didn't realise that there were 2 different generations of Muntshe Young Males. They do look the same.

(08-18-2020, 03:46 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-18-2020, 03:07 AM)Selati Wrote: I reckon the Mantimahles should be fine for the moment. There are still 5 of them and 10 years old isn't too far out of their prime. Although the 5th Mantimahle hasn't been seen for a while.

Well yea they are 5, but 2 males are rarely with other 3 who spend time with Nkuhlu pride.

And if those are 6 Muntshe males, they are outnumbered, ofc if the Muntshe males are still 6 strong, because i've heard rumor that 3 Mantimahles caught and mauled 1 of them few months ago, but idk if thats true..
Even with 3 I think the Mantimahle Males are still too strong. Think it would take a coalition of at least 4 at around 6 years old to be able to oust them.
2 users Like Selati's post