There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

" Can you guess which one is upset ? "

2 users Like Spalea's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Them males only look around 4 years old.they are similar age to the othawa male, surprising

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-23-2020, 01:47 AM by Tr1x24 )

(07-23-2020, 01:28 AM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Them males only look around 4 years old.they are similar age to the othawa male, surprising

Nomadic males often dont have full manes, so thats the reason they look younger, but they are fully grown at this point and very big (Casper is actually one of the smallest among them).
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

United States Matimbalani Offline

Blast from the past: Diamond Face Toulon. He was a good looking lion.

3 users Like Matimbalani's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Finally Dave Pusey has managed to ID the six young males that one of the was caught and killed by the Mjejane males.
they are the Vurhami young males, Once six brothers now are five!
They have been a bit confusing with the Hippo pools young males.
However they were able and have identified them well.
4 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-23-2020, 08:53 AM by Tr1x24 )

(07-23-2020, 07:21 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Finally Dave Pusey has managed to ID the six young males that one of the was caught and killed by the Mjejane males.

Vurhamis are still way too young, i think they are around 4 yrs old..young male did his best to defend himself, and he was doing a good job vs 3 big males, but unfortunately they broke his spine..

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(07-23-2020, 08:48 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(07-23-2020, 07:21 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Finally Dave Pusey has managed to ID the six young males that one of the was caught and killed by the Mjejane males.

Vurhamis are still way too young, i think they are around 4 yrs old..young male did his best to defend himself, and he was doing a good job vs 3 big males, but unfortunately they broke his spine..

Yeah.
They are too young i hope they can establish their dominance soon, hopefully with the five remaining brothers.

T I N O Offline
Moderators

One of the S21 males.
Credit: Hanno Erasmus

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like T I N O's post

South Africa Gerhard Offline

Hi All

I have done my own lions maps since 2016. Surely we can combine efforts to have a better map of lions.
A lot of info lately is of areas actually outside KNP. A lot of confusion it seems as prides and males might 
have the same name but are far apart. i got most of my ifo through the years fro Facebbok page of
William Elsworth ( gone I see now) and my own photos and research. Surely with trhe info here we can
update a map more efficiently. i use our Caddie Software to draw map and print to PDF for nice High Res.
Works a treat on phones, tablets and laptops. 

My email is [email protected] 

Regards
Gerhard Mostert

Attached Files Image(s)

3 users Like Gerhard's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(07-23-2020, 06:14 PM)Gerhard Wrote: Hi All

I have done my own lions maps since 2016. Surely we can combine efforts to have a better map of lions.
A lot of info lately is of areas actually outside KNP. A lot of confusion it seems as prides and males might 
have the same name but are far apart. i got most of my ifo through the years fro Facebbok page of
William Elsworth ( gone I see now) and my own photos and research. Surely with trhe info here we can
update a map more efficiently. i use our Caddie Software to draw map and print to PDF for nice High Res.
Works a treat on phones, tablets and laptops. 

My email is [email protected] 

Regards
Gerhard Mostert

There is thread for any kind of maps:
https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-maps-of-sabi-sand-coalitions-males-and-prides?page=11

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Vurhami males vs Mjejane males warfare continues 

After losing 1 of their youngest members to the 3 Mjejane male Lions, 4 of the remaining 5 young males returned very cautiously to the area where their partner was defeated and killed 2 days after the incident.

We could sense their apprehensiveness as they were on the lookout for the 3 powerful territory holders. Luckily for all of them the 3 big Mjejane males had moved far off to the west to be with the core of their pride. The largest and most dominant of the 5 young males was nearby mating with a lioness in the territory of the 3 Mjejane males, quite a risky strategy...

The 5 have since moved north in to Kruger National Park. It will be interesting to see if and when they return. Considering they have been with one of the lionesses, they will most likely be back!! This story is probably far from over, hopefully we are able to provide more updates soon.

2 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-24-2020, 06:47 PM by Tr1x24 )

(07-24-2020, 05:38 PM)Potato Wrote: Vurhami males vs Mjejane males warfare continues 

Good looking males this Vurhamis, they are quite big already, but they still lack size for 3 Mjejane males, but they will be beasts in their prime.. 

This is far from over it seems, hope no more casulties.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-23-2020, 12:47 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Shishangaan young males (Casper is not on photos but he was with them) 1 month ago on s100 near s41:

Photo credit : capturing_kruger (instagram) 

Here's Casper:

3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-24-2020, 11:26 PM by Tr1x24 )

Partner of remaining N'wanetsi male, seen just north of Satara:

Photo Credit : capturing_kruger (instagram)

He was seen with younger male (new partner?) on a kill with an lioness, so that raises a question where is the last N'wanetsi male..

Latest Sightings - Kruger
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Pierre Jonqueres: " Soon light will shine. "

4 users Like Spalea's post