There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Spalea Online
Wildanimal Lover

" Nomadic Renosterkoppies male "

6 users Like Spalea's post

Spalea Online
Wildanimal Lover

3 users Like Spalea's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

s21 male near Skukuza :

*This image is copyright of its original author

This male was photographed on Big on Wild in November 2019 on s21:

Idk who this lion is, maybe somebody knows more about him. 

I've heard some theories that this is the 3rd Talamati male, as we know that DeLaporte and 3rd missing Talamati had territory on s21 in 2018 ..

He is very similar to Talamati males, especially DeLaporte Talamati :

What do you guys think, is this the 3rd "missing" Talamati??
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(07-10-2020, 11:08 AM)Spalea Wrote: " Nomadic Renosterkoppies male "

I remember this male, he was alone all the time. Around July 2018, he formed a four lion alliance with Hilda and two young lions. Later, they broke up somehow.

credit: Unknown

4 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Two lionesses of the Gomongwane pride 

Stepping out of the shadows, an experienced Gomondwane Pride Lioness leading the way out of the thicket for one of the young females.
Credit: Dave Pusey

T I N O Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 07-11-2020, 09:51 PM by T I N O Edit Reason: Information )

(07-11-2020, 08:50 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: s21 male near Skukuza :

This male was photographed on Big on Wild in November 2019 on s21:

Idk who this lion is, maybe somebody knows more about him. 

I've heard some theories that this is the 3rd Talamati male, as we know that DeLaporte and 3rd missing Talamati had territory on s21 in 2018 ..

He is very similar to Talamati males, especially DeLaporte Talamati :

What do you guys think, is this the 3rd "missing" Talamati??
I was believing this before, But indeed he isn't, He don't even look as the Talamati male.

He's part of a coalition of three males that have took over the Talamati territory beginning of last year. Now this area belongs to Mantimahle males.There are records of witnessing the Mantimahle males chasing other lions here.
2 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-11-2020, 09:45 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: I was believing this before, But indeed he isn't, He don't even look as the Talamati male.

He's part of a coalition of three males that have took over the Talamati territory beginning of last year. Now this area belongs to Mantimahle males.There are records of witnessing the Mantimahle males chasing other lions here.

Ty for info, yea i've known of a coalition of 3 on s21, but didnt know this male is part of it..

It seems that Mantimahles didn't take their full territory there.. 

Are the 2 older N'waswishaka males part of that coalition?
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(07-11-2020, 10:03 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(07-11-2020, 09:45 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: I was believing this before, But indeed he isn't, He don't even look as the Talamati male.

Ty for info, yea i've known of a coalition of 3 on s21, but didnt know this male is part of it..

It seems that Mantimahles didn't take their full territory there.. 

Are the 2 older N'waswishaka males part of that coalition?

These are the other two S21 males, They are about 6 years old.

6 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-12-2020, 01:06 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: These are the other two S21 males, They are about 6 years old.

Do you maybe know where 2 older Nwaswitshaka males are?

Theres a video of them with Renosterkoppies male around Charlestons males territory in mid 2018,but nothing since..

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(07-12-2020, 06:49 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(07-12-2020, 01:06 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: These are the other two S21 males, They are about 6 years old.

Do you maybe know where 2 older Nwaswitshaka males are?

Theres a video of them with Renosterkoppies male around Charlestons males territory in mid 2018,but nothing since..

I have another shot of the same males "S21" If you want I can post it here, and there you can confirm if they are the older N'waswitshaka or not, Anyway I don't think they are, But who knows.
1 user Likes T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-12-2020, 07:01 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: I have another shot of the same males "S21" If you want I can post it here, and there you can confirm if they are the older N'waswitshaka or not, Anyway I don't think they are, But who knows.

Sure you can post it.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Beasts in their prime, Young Gomondwane males, on s28 nears Crocodile Bridge/Shishangeni Concession, recent sighting:

Photo Credit: "Let the Krugers show you the Kruger" Facebook page

7 brothers control area east of s28 and Crocodile Bridge, but recently they where seen few times further west and with their numbers, its expected that they will expand and that means trouble for neighboring coalitions, 3 Shishangeni males and 2 H4/s28 males who are their first neigbours..
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(07-12-2020, 01:35 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(07-12-2020, 07:01 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: I have another shot of the same males "S21" If you want I can post it here, and there you can confirm if they are the older N'waswitshaka or not, Anyway I don't think they are, But who knows.

Sure you can post it.

This is one of the S21 males, That have took over the Talamati territory.

Credit: Melanie Wolmarans

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-12-2020, 10:56 PM by Tr1x24 )

(07-12-2020, 10:30 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: This is one of the S21 males, That have took over the Talamati territory.

This male was photographed on H3 close to Skukuza few months ago, and i have been told that he is one of the 2 older Nwaswitshaka males, but someone on this forum said that those are Renosterkoppies males, so idk... 

6 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(07-12-2020, 10:49 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(07-12-2020, 10:30 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: This is one of the S21 males, That have took over the Talamati territory.

This male was photographed on H3 close to Skukuza few months ago, and i have been told that he is one of the 2 older Nwaswitshaka males, but someone on this forum said that those are Renosterkoppies males, so idk... 

Great Stuff, Well, If they are thinking that this is one of the Mpondo sons from the Renosterkoppies pride, They are very wrong.
However I don't know the older N'waswitshaka to give you a comfirmation.