There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(09-06-2024, 01:44 PM)Brahim Wrote: Boy on right similar to the unrelated males
Boy on the right look very like Talamati male.
2 users Like Potato's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(09-06-2024, 03:25 PM)Brahim Wrote: Osindile Mongawane today near Orpen.
Credit: Rose

Isnt that a bit east compared to their usual territory
1 user Likes Mdz123's post

BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(09-06-2024, 10:22 AM)Mapokser Wrote:
(09-06-2024, 12:44 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(09-05-2024, 11:08 PM)Brahim Wrote: 2/3 New Transport dam males
Credit: Jaco Geldenhuys

Are they any relation to the previous TDMs? If not, do we know where these boys came from, how old they may be?

We don't know the pride they were born in, or who their fathers are, their origin is a msytery so we were just wondering if they could have been sired by the 4 male coalition that Mangheni and Talamati were part of, based on looks ( and maybe location? )

As for age I'd think they are at least 6yo, likely older based on photos of them years ago and the current photos.

(09-06-2024, 03:39 AM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote:
(09-05-2024, 04:44 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: @Mapokser  @Brahim 

You should post some of these photos of Mhangenis and Talamati in "Majingilane/Matimba coalition lineage" threads.

Theres lack of good photos of these boys.

i am confused the talamati was alive all this time ?

Talamati son of the Matimbas, born in 2012, yes, he was alive, maybe even is, while Mangheni is very likely dead, it wasn't said if the condition of the male with him last year was bad, so it could be Talamati or any of the other 2 unrelated males.

But if you're talking about the older Talamati male sired by N.Avocas, unless he somehow got lost in a Kruger area without roads, he seems to be a goner as only his younger brother returned to Sabi Sands and has been sighted in many months.

Thank you, for that, my friend!
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Ngonya Offline

Anyone know who are/were these males?
There were 3 of them with lionesses on the dirt road from picknick timbavati on the river road to Satara/Orpen back in November 7th 2023
One male

*This image is copyright of its original author

other male

By Claudia Nieuwkamp
8 users Like Ngonya's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Almost a month since last Trichardt was seen, look like Trichardts reign in Singita Lebombo is over:

8 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-08-2024, 12:23 AM by Tr1x24 )

(09-07-2024, 02:19 AM)Ngonya Wrote: Anyone know who are/were these males?
There were 3 of them with lionesses on the dirt road from picknick timbavati on the river road to Satara/Orpen back in November 7th 2023

Arent those 2/3 ex Sweni Pride males? These guys just dissapeared last year, prob either under pressure of Mayambulas or they just expanded.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Ngonya Offline

(09-08-2024, 12:20 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Arent those 2/3 ex Sweni Pride males? These guys just dissapeared last year, prob either under pressure of Mayambulas or they just expanded.
The Sweni pride males looked older than that around 2023 im pretty sure.

5 users Like Ngonya's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(09-08-2024, 03:00 AM)Ngonya Wrote: The Sweni pride males looked older than that around 2023 im pretty sure.

Yea, that was my problem aswell, but they are similar in face.

I think last male with big mane is Nwanetsi son, he was seen with old S90 male and 1 younger male couple of months ago.

@Brahim should know this.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

(09-07-2024, 02:19 AM)Ngonya Wrote: Anyone know who are/were these males?
One male

other male

By Claudia Nieuwkamp

I couldn't figure out who they are. They have been seen since though, they seem youngish. I just call them the 3 s39 males for now. Here's one of them by Rochelle barns

Attached Files Image(s)

5 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-09-2024, 12:10 AM by Brahim )

Yeah trichardt not seen for a month last seen going west. They think maybe one eye chava, Nwanetsi and old s90 maybe got him. Satara/h6 males still around apparently one is seen with a bad leg not sure which one. Not the pale one though because he's seen fine today. Here's pics of one eye chava, nwanetsi and old s90 by Mariela C

Attached Files Image(s)

8 users Like Brahim's post

Brazil Gavskrr Offline

So, a photo of the transport dam male (the one without the scar) was posted dated August 1st in Skukuza according to the author, for copyright reasons I don't know if I can replicate it here, but it's great news that one he still there
1 user Likes Gavskrr's post

United States Friarfan619 Offline

Legit hurt my heart reading this

But if you're talking about the older Talamati male sired by N.Avocas, unless he somehow got lost in a Kruger area without roads, he seems to be a goner as only his younger brother returned to Sabi Sands and has been sighted in many months.
1 user Likes Friarfan619's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

(09-09-2024, 09:48 AM)Gavskrr Wrote: So, a photo of the transport dam male (the one without the scar) was posted dated August 1st in Skukuza according to the author, for copyright reasons I don't know if I can replicate it here, but it's great news that one he still there

Can you link it?
1 user Likes Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-09-2024, 08:27 PM by BA0701 )

(09-09-2024, 02:24 AM)BA0701 Wrote: A video about the poaching plague in Northern Kruger. The biggest issue I have with it, as I have said many times before, is the fact they they continue to relocate cats up there, at all. You know the problem, why on Earth would you ever relocate anything up there? He even mentions the lack of any scavengers up there as well. Talks about the deaths of the last Mpondo, and the three males who only left the park because they were running away from the Gomos, so either leave the confines of the park, and live, or stay and almost assuredly die. Well, they were never seen again, after being relocated up there.

The picture in the thumbnail, of the two lions in the back of a truck, are the last Mpondo and his partner after they were poisoned up there.
Idk but if you escape park a couple times they will shoot you also. Like when I spoke to head guide at Pafuri up north about mpondo and Hippo pools. He said Marloth was going to kill them so he said don't kill them send them up here. So death was coming to them either way. They need to improve the fences so they can't escape the park in the first place. That thumbnail can't be after they were poisoned. Mpondo was poisoned and cut to pieces and burnt in a bush near punda. So that can't be him in picture. And Hippo pools was shot in another country when he went into Zimbabwe killing livestock at villages.
4 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

1/3 Renosterkoppie males recently on h1-1.
instagram.com/cynthiaschroeder

Attached Files Image(s)

10 users Like Brahim's post