There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(08-18-2022, 12:26 AM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote:
(08-17-2022, 08:32 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-17-2022, 07:00 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: Arent Smudge & Dm the pride males of LubyeLubye pride?

Not anymore.

so which pride they have now

Idk about any other prides they conteol so they should be nomads.
1 user Likes Mdz123's post

BigLion39 Offline

(08-17-2022, 04:31 AM)Timbavati Wrote: It's very likely that the third Mjejane male has passed away by the injuries that he has sustained in the confrontation against the three young Jock males. Of course, it is still an unconfirmed information. But due the third Mjejane male hasn't been seen in over 1 month. It's time to assume that his outcome was the worse.

The injured Mjejane, Pretty Boy, was filmed licking his wounds while his big brother was courting a female. I thought it was the other male that was supposedly with him that hasn't been seen.
2 users Like BigLion39's post

Brahimlegend Offline
Moderators

Smudge & Dm rule s82 pride for most of this year now, they already sired loads of cubs with them. Lubyelubye breakaway is some females that broke away with the male subs, think maybe 2 groups, few lioness with that son of smudge and dm sabertooth Lubyelubye male, and a couple with those 2 other sons of smudge and dm.
4 users Like Brahimlegend's post

United Kingdom Mabingilane Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-18-2022, 09:38 PM by Mabingilane )

*This image is copyright of its original author

I don't know but i doubt it is them. I hope i am very wrong though.
8 users Like Mabingilane's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(08-18-2022, 09:37 PM)Mabingilane Wrote:

I don't know but i doubt it is them. I hope i am very wrong though.
They're very likely two of the three S26 males. They were around the area 5 days ago.
8 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

2/3 S26 males on the S108 just south of the H5, 5 days ago
Image credit: Fannie Fourie

12 users Like Timbavati's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

Man, talk about an instantaneous rollercoaster, get hopeful in one post, only to have those hopes seemingly dashed in the very next post.
5 users Like BA0701's post

United States Ahmed Ali Offline

back to 2011 at Leeupan Dam in Kruger National Park One of the two Dominant male lions known as One Eye and Stompie Othawa/Robson Male Lions with one of leeupan femalea mating .

Photo by :- roneshparbhoo photography
8 users Like Ahmed Ali's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(08-18-2022, 11:52 PM)IAhmed Ali Wrote:
back to 2011 at Leeupan Dam in Kruger National Park One of the two Dominant male lions known as One Eye and Stompie Othawa/Robson Male Lions with one of leeupan femalea mating .

What a good-looking male he was. Great find Ahmed
3 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(08-18-2022, 10:54 PM)BA0701 Wrote: Man, talk about an instantaneous rollercoaster, get hopeful in one post, only to have those hopes seemingly dashed in the very next post.
It's really a shame, I had the hope that those boys could be the mighty Shishangeni males. Unfortunately, they aren't.
4 users Like Timbavati's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(08-18-2022, 08:57 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: These are most likely cubs to Renosterkoppies males based on location and also that the males were mating a few months ago.

all 3 alive correct ?
5 users Like kobe8jf1234's post

United States BA0701 Online
Super Moderator

(08-18-2022, 11:52 PM)Ahmed Ali Wrote:

Apologies @Ahmed Ali , will explain the confusion in a PM, once you can receive them.
2 users Like BA0701's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(08-19-2022, 12:35 AM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote:
(08-18-2022, 08:57 PM)Mdz123 Wrote: These are most likely cubs to Renosterkoppies males based on location and also that the males were mating a few months ago.

all 3 alive correct ?

Yes
2 users Like Mdz123's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(08-18-2022, 10:37 PM)Timbavati Wrote: 2/3 S26 males on the S108 just south of the H5, 5 days ago

I hope these guys are keeping the legacy of Long Mane Styx strong!
4 users Like Mdz123's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 08-19-2022, 08:28 AM by Timbavati Edit Reason: A wrong letter )

(08-19-2022, 05:41 AM)Mdz123 Wrote:
(08-18-2022, 10:37 PM)Timbavati Wrote: 2/3 S26 males on the S108 just south of the H5, 5 days ago

I hope these guys are keeping the legacy of Long Mane Styx strong!

I hope exactly the same thing. These S26 males are still in their prime, well-feed and healthy male lions. Especially, the third one. Which one, in my personal opinion, It's one of the best good-looking male lions around. What a stunning cat he is!! The one in the two first pics, for some reasons resemblances a lot to one of the Shishangeni males.
6 users Like Timbavati's post