There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Timbavati Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 10-15-2021, 05:37 PM by Timbavati )

(10-15-2021, 05:19 PM)lionuk Wrote: Lubyelubye father. 
8:14am
1 lion on a kill
"One big male lion just chilling on a kill.. "
S108 between H5 and S26
Near Crocodile Bridge
Tinged by The Crew

*This image is copyright of its original author

In my personal opinion, doesn't looks like the LubyeLubye father. The colour and mane is quite similar to the S26 male ,,The handsomest of the three" who is said to be, one of the most good looking lions around Kruger as per some photographers. And if he isn't one of the S26 males.  There could be that It's the Lubyelubye son.
6 users Like Timbavati's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Yeah it’s does look like one of the s26 Males and that’s usually where they are
5 users Like Brahim's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(10-15-2021, 05:37 PM)Timbavati Wrote: In my personal opinion, doesn't looks like the LubyeLubye father. The colour and mane is quite similar to the S26 male ,,The handsomest of the three" who is said to be, one of the most good looking lions around Kruger as per some photographers. And if he isn't one of the S26 males.  There could be that It's the Lubyelubye son.
Ok, I thought there was four S26 as of June 2020, unless one has already passed away?
And one of them is Styx male, right?
2 users Like lionuk's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(10-15-2021, 07:13 PM)lionuk Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 05:37 PM)Timbavati Wrote: In my personal opinion, doesn't looks like the LubyeLubye father. The colour and mane is quite similar to the S26 male ,,The handsomest of the three" who is said to be, one of the most good looking lions around Kruger as per some photographers. And if he isn't one of the S26 males.  There could be that It's the Lubyelubye son.
Ok, I thought there was four S26 as of June 2020, unless one has already passed away?
And one of them is Styx male, right?

The Styx male passed away last year.
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(10-15-2021, 08:02 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: The Styx male passed away last year.
That same Styx male that had a broken jaw, right?
4 users Like lionuk's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(10-15-2021, 08:05 PM)lionuk Wrote:
(10-15-2021, 08:02 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: The Styx male passed away last year.
That same Styx male that had a broken jaw, right?

Yes, The Styx male with the issue on his jaw passed away in 27th November last year. He was a big male, with a beautiful dark and healthy mane.
4 users Like Timbavati's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(10-15-2021, 05:48 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Yeah it’s does look like one of the s26 Males and that’s usually where they are

That's what I thought at first glance, Thanks for the confirmation
3 users Like Timbavati's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 10-15-2021, 09:40 PM by Brahim )

My friends sister saw Lubyelubye Brothers today they said they think the eye is okay just the scars around it.
Thanks to Tamsyn du Toit and her sister.

Attached Files Image(s)

8 users Like Brahim's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(10-15-2021, 09:39 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: My friends sister saw Lubyelubye Brothers today they said they think the eye is okay just the scars around it.

Great news about the eye.
3 users Like criollo2mil's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

(10-15-2021, 09:39 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: My friends sister saw Lubyelubye Brothers today they said they think the eye is okay just the scars around it.

Great to hear that.
4 users Like lionuk's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Renosterpan breakeaway pride, 12 members, sired by Eastern Bank Males, info taken from Aegon Cheche :

Photo Credits : Karin van Zyl

Great to see that even with demise of Eastern Bank Males towards the end of 2019, their young offspring still found a way to survive these years in between Mpondos, Mjejanes and Young Jocks.
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Sweni pride, part 2 :

Im intrigued to find out who the 3 Sweni pride males are.. 

So by the looks of it, theres 2 slightly older and 1 a bit younger males, they should be around or close to 6 yrs of age (atleast the older ones). 

Based of that, and location where they are, just northeast of Mluwati Concession, i wonder if you guys think they are 3 Imbali/Mluwati young males??

Picture is from early 2020, when they visited Mluwati Concession, i was looking for them since but without success, only this photo of 1 of the males (i think its 1 of them) at that time in Mluwati Concession :

Obiviously we need more clear photos for whisker ID's, but here are some to compare :

Thoughts??
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

@Tr1x24 Not sure definitely good idea to check out later though, there’s a few guys I think they could be , it’s just hard to tell yet
3 users Like Brahim's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Nkaya Pan male. He was seen around S126 area. 
Photo credit: Dusty's Photography

8 users Like lionuk's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 10-16-2021, 04:00 PM by Brahim )

Beast! 1 of the 4 Young Shishangaans!
H7, KNP. Credit: Rudie Koekemoer

Attached Files Image(s)

8 users Like Brahim's post