There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Hairy tummy Offline

Mo, what a absolutely beautiful lion. Hope he stays safe
6 users Like Hairy tummy's post

United States Mohawk Offline

(07-31-2021, 02:02 AM)Timbavati Wrote: A recent sighting from four days ago of the last Eastern Bank male and the South Shishangeni male. Both males  with a full belly and resting
Photo credits: Suray Photography
Can anyone provide info on the timing/circumstances of the formation of the coalition between SSM and EBM?  Thank you in advance.
2 users Like Mohawk's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-02-2021, 03:40 AM)Mohawk Wrote: Can anyone provide info on the timing/circumstances of the formation of the coalition between SSM and EBM?  Thank you in advance.

Well obiviously EBM lost his brothers and territory (some say to Mjejanes, some to young Jocks) , SSM was a loner who hang around Malelane Gate, but young Jocks took control of that whole area so he moved off..

Being 2 nomadic males in the same area they form a coalition and moved into Afsaal area, where presence of Mpondos become weaker with 3 members returning north in early to mid 2020.

They are prob the males who fight 5th Mpondo and responsible for disappearence of Blonde Mpondo as they took their prides.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The Nsemani/Mbiri male lion on a stroll near Satara in Kruger National Park.
Photo credits: Steven Robinson

*This image is copyright of its original author
11 users Like T I N O's post

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor

The two remaining Mazithi males.

9 users Like lionuk's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-02-2021, 08:53 PM)lionuk Wrote: The two remaining Mazithi males.

They've lost a lot of mane. I don't know due which, but perhaps stress and lack of food are playing an important role here.
2 users Like T I N O's post

Venezuela titose Offline

T of the Mjejane males, babysitting the Mjejane / Lukimbi pride cubs seen in July in Kruger National Park, T a very fierce boy but with extraordinary patience with his little offspring.
#Kruger #MjejaneMales
By Ronell Van Rhyn

11 users Like titose's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(08-02-2021, 09:02 PM)Timbavati Wrote: They've lost a lot of mane. I don't know due which, but perhaps stress and lack of food are playing an important role here.

They are quite old tbf, they should be around 10.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

I can’t believe what my eyes are seen! What a fantastic sighting of the Torchwood male seen at elephant waterhole in Leeupan area in the Kruger National Park. 
Photo credits:  Bjorn Borge Lunde

8 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Mazithi/Tshokwane males :

Photo Credit : fransbrown

9 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-03-2021, 12:47 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Mazithi/Tshokwane males :

Photo Credit : fransbrown

A promising coalition in Kruger. Hopefully they'll grow healthy and strong. Although would be good if they received another name, Perhaps, according the road name where they are photographed or a name that means something. A lot of Mazithi males lately haha.
4 users Like T I N O's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

Make sure to turn the volume up high! 
One of the remaining two of Hoedspruit males announce his presence loudly at Kapama.

Kapama, South Africa.
Photographer Credit:
To follow & for print: @linz_bushlife_photography
3 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Gavskrr Offline
magVarseVE

(08-02-2021, 11:39 PM)Timbavati Wrote: I can’t believe what my eyes are seen! What a fantastic sighting of the Torchwood male seen at elephant waterhole in Leeupan area in the Kruger National Park. 
Photo credits:  Bjorn Borge Lunde

I read on a facebook group that he is part of a coalition with two fourway males supposedly sons of the matshapiri males, are these two fourway males the only matshapiri sons still alive?
3 users Like Gavskrr's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

Stunning recent shot of the White Ghost Casper!
One of the four Shish males. It was recently reported that Casper and his 3 brothers fought a bloody fight with the two Nsemani males ( The older Mbiri & Rockfig ). The Nsemani males are not related by blood but formed a successful coalition. The photographer mentioned the Shish males were injured after the fight, but they were seen in the morning together announcing their presence through their strong roars.

Kruger National Park, South Africa.
Photographer Credit:
To follow & for print: @tyronerea_photography
6 users Like Cunaguaro's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

@"Timbavati" They will be called the Nkhulu pride males now anyway also
5 users Like Brahim's post