There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(05-28-2023, 04:58 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: New sighting of the two.   Looks like the Talamati boy is not happy to have Nkuhuma trail him?

Establishing hierarchies?

Its too early to tell if they will stay together and form a coalition.

If Talamati will be too agressive, NK will just stop following him.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Sweden Lionloverswe Offline

Hopefully young Talamti boy will form a bond with NK,  would benefit both when light mane Talamati seems to hang with hos uncle/father and cousins. Judging on the images, NK seems submissive, man that lion has been through alot...
1 user Likes Lionloverswe's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

More footage of the Talamati and Nkuhuma

7 users Like criollo2mil's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

K5 is in western sector :

Photo credits : Savanna

*This image is copyright of its original author
8 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States book1206 Offline

K1 and K2 seen in Skukuza  -- Shalati areas (credit unknown)

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like book1206's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-02-2023, 01:03 AM by Tr1x24 )

(06-01-2023, 09:28 PM)book1206 Wrote: K1 and K2 seen in Skukuza  -- Shalati areas (credit unknown)

Shame for that subadult , but thats nature.

Great to see 2 boys.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-02-2023, 05:32 PM by criollo2mil )

Seems the limp is indeed what’s keeping the 4th boy back.   But hopefully improving 

“This past week has seen incredible lion activity on our Reserve. Shortly after we left Little Bush Camp, we saw a young lioness at the nearby waterhole. We were eager to find out to which pride she belonged to and not long after, the males emerged from a thicket -  one by one -  for a drink . We were able to confirm these were the Kambula breakaways. With full bellies it was obvious they had recently made a kill and slept close to the waterhole. It was good to see the 4th male with the pride. Although he was walking with a slight limp, he seemed to be doing fine especially that he had his 3 brothers and sister around to help out.”

9 users Like criollo2mil's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(06-02-2023, 05:31 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Seems the limp is indeed what’s keeping the 4th boy back.   But hopefully improving 

“This past week has seen incredible lion activity on our Reserve. Shortly after we left Little Bush Camp, we saw a young lioness at the nearby waterhole. We were eager to find out to which pride she belonged to and not long after, the males emerged from a thicket -  one by one -  for a drink . We were able to confirm these were the Kambula breakaways. With full bellies it was obvious they had recently made a kill and slept close to the waterhole. It was good to see the 4th male with the pride. Although he was walking with a slight limp, he seemed to be doing fine especially that he had his 3 brothers and sister around to help out.”

So K5 rejoined ?
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Contributor

(06-02-2023, 05:49 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(06-02-2023, 05:31 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Seems the limp is indeed what’s keeping the 4th boy back.   But hopefully improving 

So K5 rejoined ?

Seems so.
3 users Like criollo2mil's post

Contributor

Now I’m not so sure….isn’t this him (K5).  I. The west?

Not sure when taken and not sure if he’s accompanied.  

5 users Like criollo2mil's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(06-06-2023, 04:17 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Now I’m not so sure….isn’t this him (K5).  I. The west?

Thats K4.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Contributor

(06-06-2023, 04:30 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(06-06-2023, 04:17 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: Now I’m not so sure….isn’t this him (K5).  I. The west?

Thats K4.

yeah...i can now see his grumpy look :)
1 user Likes criollo2mil's post

Contributor

It’s amazing to see how bulked up the Kambula YMs 1 and 2 have become…..it seems they are indeed still w their older coalition partner.  I hear he’s possibly from pretoriuskop pride he was part of 5 brothers but I know very little about that area.

PC Louise Howa

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like criollo2mil's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Iirc K1 will be turning 5 this month, after turning 4, the biggest gain in mass for a lion is between 4 to 5, after that they don't bulk up much more and will be very close to their peak weight of 6-7yo so it's to be expected that Kambulas would bulk up now that they are turning 5.

But the best news is that they are still a coalition of 3, meaning a powerful one, they should become dominant soon.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

Canada Robot00 Offline

I wish these boys were still in s.s. so that we can follow them more closely
2 users Like Robot00's post