There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India

tripoliraider Offline

Sorry for the repost
Trying to post the picture of this massive tiger. Are 250 kilos a possibility in this case?

Attached Files Image(s)

2 users Like tripoliraider's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(03-20-2015, 08:57 AM)'GuateGojira' Wrote:
(03-19-2015, 10:03 PM)'Roflcopters' Wrote: Guate and Pckts, can you guys just stop responding to each other.. it's not doing any good to the topic and we both know that you guys had this argument before in the past. Also, lovely pictures of T24! Tfs [img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Sorry Roflcopters, but everytime that a crazy person would try to trash Science, I will rise to defend her, with direct evidence, like I have showed in my post with more than five documents specifically about radiocollaring tigers and other great cats.

"Trash science"
haha 
Pathetic...
Feel free to post in the Hands off thread where there is overwhelming proof against collaring....

weird that I need to tell a mod to do that [img]images/smilies/dodgy.gif[/img]

1 user Likes Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-20-2015, 07:50 PM by Pckts )

(03-20-2015, 09:16 AM)'GuateGojira' Wrote:
(03-20-2015, 12:29 AM)'Pckts' Wrote: Corbett's idea that "man eaters" are old or injured, was obviously a fabrication to use for him to act like the "good guy" when killing these massive and beautiful animals. While some predations on man are from old or injured that may only be because man is slow, his senses are dull, he is easy prey.

Dr Sunquist, and by extension the entire Scientific community, disagree with you. Check this out, from the book "Wild Cats of the World" of 2002, the full section of "Conflict with humans". Check specially page 365:

*This image is copyright of its original author

Jim Corbett is one of the first TRUE tiger conservationist in the entire history. To say that he "fabricated" his conclusions is BS from your part. Jim Corbett clearly stated that the tigers are gentlemen and they are normally very good tempered. Man eaters are a rarity, and are caused mostly by external situations. The case of tiger T-24 most be studied before to make silly claims like yours.

What you are going to "Invent" next time??? [img]images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

You mean the case of T24 AND T42?

and 20 other people killed by tiger attacks last year in india
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-31529989

and a nice account of a 4 year old female
http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/26/world/asia...gue-tiger/
(4 years old is a prime specimen btw)

That was why I said we should start a thread on it.
There are lots of people who are attacked by tigers every year, many don't fit Corbetts claim. So proof is there, it deserves to be looked in to. 
Simple as that......

Bigcat Enthusiast

(03-20-2015, 01:08 PM)'tripoliraider' Wrote: Sorry for the repost
Trying to post the picture of this massive tiger. Are 250 kilos a possibility in this case?

Its impossible to determine weight off one picture if there is nothing to scale it against. 
Where is he from?

India shaileshsharadnaik Offline
Tadobatigerlover

(03-16-2015, 09:09 AM)'Roflcopters' Wrote: It's the end of the robe for Gabbar aka Leopard Face male tiger, another fight with Katezari male and another serious injury with heavy limping.

In 1975, a very famous Indian ‘Bollywood’ film was produced named ‘Sholay’, a Hindi action-adventure film that follows two criminals named Veeru and Jai who were hired by a local policeman to chase after a villain named ‘Gabbar’ in the southern state of Karnataka. This classic award winning film is ranked in the ‘Top 10 Indian Films’ of all time. I have not seen the film but will have a look one day soon..!

“Gabbar’ – male tiger with a ‘radio collar’ and severely injured in a small pond near the main road in the park…!

However, this story is not about a villain, but a beautiful mature male tiger named ‘Gabbar’ (also known as ‘Sherkhan’ or ‘T-7’) in Tadoba Tiger Reserve in the State of Maharashtra. In December 2014, he was tranquilized and then fitted with a radio collar to track his whereabouts and behavior by researchers from the ‘Wildlife Institute of India’.

Recently, ‘Gabber’ got into a fight with another male in the park that was witnessed by many on-lookers and severely injured. I have heard from a reliable source that he was in numerous fights with a bigger male and was swiped across the muzzle after the collar was fitted. It is without doubt that collars on male tigers or leopards hamper and prevent them from proper breeding, and they usually lose out to stronger cats without the heavy tightly fitted collar. It is quite possible that he is unable to hunt large animals now and may not survive into the near future…!

A close-up showing his injuries – what a sad looking sight…!

On my last safari during late afternoon in Tadoba on March 9th-2015, I bumped into ‘Gabbar’ lying in a pool sleeping not more than 100 meters from the main road. I stayed there observing him for more than an hour about 50 meters away. He eventually lifted his head very slowly and sadly looked up at me in the jeep. I was using my Nikon D3s and a 200-400mm VR II attached with a 2X tele-converter to get a close-up shot of him. I was devastated to see the extent of his wounds and it looks like he is very sick with fever probably from infection.

If any of those researchers who are responsible for this tiger read this; you must (should) get in there and re-capture him immediately, and remove the collar and treat his wounds if you have any compassion for wildlife. He looked very sick and may not survive this ordeal. Please do not hesitate, as his death would certainly be on your hands in the name of science. Data gathered by these people is not worth the demises of even one tiger; they are now too rare in the wild for this collaring practice to continue with any real outcome in the field of wildlife conservation, or protection and enforcement of the protected area.

Choti Tara’ female on the road in late morning…!

Furthermore, there is another female named ‘Choti Tara’ also fitted with a collar in Tadoba in December 2014. It was observed by some people at the lodge I was staying at that a researcher with an antenna following the female gave pertinent information to some drivers where she was going. A group of some 20 jeeps then rushed off in a cloud of dust to wait for her to reappear at the other side of the forest. This is total madness and certainly will give the researchers and park a bad name, and must be stopped now…!

I feel that the ‘Spirits of the Forest’ let me photograph ‘Gabbar’ to reveal the serious situation he is in. I’m hoping that a concerted effort will be undertaken to save this magnificent cat from bereavement, and maybe I played a small roll in his continued survival. He certainly deserves more respect than what he is getting at the moment, and the trauma he is going through needlessly. To the ‘Wildlife Institute of India’ and the Forest Department of Tadoba: PLEASE ACT NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE..!

Source: 

http://brucekekule.com/photography_abroa...onal-park/

i feel very sad for gabbar. in fact i am going to tadoba next weekend for 4 days, 7 safaris. i want see him.
by the way any news how is katezari after this fight?

2 users Like shaileshsharadnaik's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert
( This post was last modified: 03-22-2015, 08:38 AM by Roflcopters )

I haven't seen an actual photo of Katezari after this fight but someone sighted him recently and he seemed fine, He's also moving with Maya now, which tells me that Gabbar just lost a female and is at the verge of losing his entire territory. Katezari male seems very determined to eliminate him. they've fought like twice within a month frame and both times Gabbar had it the worse.. I just hope the forest department intervenes and treats his wounds before they get infected. And goodluck with your Tadoba trip, should be fun! Tadoba is reigning with tigers right now.  Keep us updated ! [img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

2 users Like Roflcopters's post

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher
( This post was last modified: 03-22-2015, 11:08 AM by GuateGojira )

(03-20-2015, 07:43 PM)'Pckts' Wrote:
(03-20-2015, 08:57 AM)'GuateGojira' Wrote:
(03-19-2015, 10:03 PM)'Roflcopters' Wrote: Guate and Pckts, can you guys just stop responding to each other.. it's not doing any good to the topic and we both know that you guys had this argument before in the past. Also, lovely pictures of T24! Tfs [img]images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Sorry Roflcopters, but everytime that a crazy person would try to trash Science, I will rise to defend her, with direct evidence, like I have showed in my post with more than five documents specifically about radiocollaring tigers and other great cats.

"Trash science"
haha 
Pathetic...
Feel free to post in the Hands off thread where there is overwhelming proof against collaring....

weird that I need to tell a mod to do that [img]images/smilies/dodgy.gif[/img]

You are trashing Science, that is a fact here. I posted more than five scientific documents and you completely ignore them!!!

You insist posting your lies and/or exaggerations here, that is a pathetic intent to attack the real people that fight and even risk they lives saving the great cats in the world.

You are a shame for those that want to save the great cats, creating lies and spreading attacks against scientists and discrediting they methods. Real experts like Dr Rabinowits and Dr Hunter are very disappointing for this type of attitude against Science:
"It is discouraging that we are often portrayed as ‘heartless scientists’ interested only in data, when in fact, every one of Panthera’s biologists works on wild cats because we treasure them deeply. By undertaking rigorous science, we hope to ensure their persistence so that future generations can also treasure them"
Words of Dr Luke Hunter, president of Panthera. Source: http://www.panthera.org/node/1564

1 user Likes GuateGojira's post

Expert & Researcher

(03-20-2015, 07:48 PM)'Pckts' Wrote:
(03-20-2015, 12:29 AM)'Pckts' Wrote: Corbett's idea that "man eaters" are old or injured, was obviously a fabrication to use for him to act like the "good guy" when killing these massive and beautiful animals. While some predations on man are from old or injured that may only be because man is slow, his senses are dull, he is easy prey.

Dr Sunquist, and by extension the entire Scientific community, disagree with you. Check this out, from the book "Wild Cats of the World" of 2002, the full section of "Conflict with humans". Check specially page 365:

Jim Corbett is one of the first TRUE tiger conservationist in the entire history. To say that he "fabricated" his conclusions is BS from your part. Jim Corbett clearly stated that the tigers are gentlemen and they are normally very good tempered. Man eaters are a rarity, and are caused mostly by external situations. The case of tiger T-24 most be studied before to make silly claims like yours.

What you are going to "Invent" next time??? [img]images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

There are lots of people who are attacked by tigers every year, many don't fit Corbetts claim. So proof is there, it deserves to be looked in to. 
Simple as that......

Did you actually READ the images that I posted here??? You like to disagree with me, but you never do it correctly, as you never read what I post, despite the fact that it is from a Scientific and reputable source.

You only quote that 20 people were attacked in India, but you omitt the part that those were in diferent areas and diferent reasons, not all of them by predation.

Corbett "claims" are not based in random observations but in a great experience observing tigers in the wild and he is considered an autority, even by modern scientists. Learn to read before to comment Pckts, this is not the first time that I say this to you.

Expert & Researcher
( This post was last modified: 03-22-2015, 11:06 AM by GuateGojira )

To all posters, this is a free forum and like any forum, it can be seen by any person in the internet.

However, is very disturbing that some people insist in attacking other points of view and discarding the evidence presented against they cases, specially when they are professionals.

The point of this forum is to attract professionals that could share they knowledge on the field, but this constant attacks against them are counterproductive.

I have received a personal communication from a scientists (not very famous here) that feels that this type of attitude is offensive and don't wish to continue visiting us anymore (he ask me not to show his email). This is very disturbing, as I will prefer to loose a hundred of photographers but not a person like him. This was the straw that broke the camel. [img]images/smilies/angry.gif[/img]

This could be called "collateral damage", I will call it a stupid effect of biased people against science.

When the evidence is presented and ignored, you realize that a clean debate can't be made. Following the advice of a dear friend, I will not answer to Pckts anymore, as there is no point to show data, documents and direct testimonies, if is going to be ignored.

Conclusions? I leave it to the posters, the data is here, read it and judge by yourself. I will return to my original issues, which are tiger evolution, morphology and other topics on other animals.

Have a nice day.

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 03-22-2015, 07:15 PM by peter )

The 'debate' on collars and biologists has been concluded. PC was warned and is now enjoying a nice vacation.

The staff offer their apologies to those who felt insulted as a result of the exchange. On behalf of the owners and all mods,

Peter.
1 user Likes peter's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(03-22-2015, 10:11 AM)'GuateGojira' Wrote:
(03-20-2015, 07:48 PM)'Pckts' Wrote:

Simple as that......

Did you actually READ the images that I posted here??? You like to disagree with me, but you never do it correctly, as you never read what I post, despite the fact that it is from a Scientific and reputable source.

You only quote that 20 people were attacked in India, but you omitt the part that those were in diferent areas and diferent reasons, not all of them by predation.

Corbett "claims" are not based in random observations but in a great experience observing tigers in the wild and he is considered an autority, even by modern scientists. Learn to read before to comment Pckts, this is not the first time that I say this to you.

When did I say his claims were not founded?
I simply said there are instinces where the Idea of maneaters only being "old, wounded etc" are not exactly true. I respect Corbett, but he is a hunter, he is obviously going to be slightly bias. I NEVER said he isn't a helpful and insightful person to use when studying tigers, did I?
I posted a couple of links of proof, where that idea exists.
PROOF: I:e T24, t42, 4 year old female etc. (I guarantee I can find many more if I searched for 10 mins)
Then the 20 people being killed in india last year, was used to show that we there are tons of maneaters out there that you don't even hear about hence why I stated that the thread deserves a place and PROOF should be posted there.

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-23-2015, 12:23 AM by Amnon242 )

Please dont repeat all previous posts in your replies.
1 user Likes Amnon242's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Ok guys, time to get back to topic.

T19 with her 3 cubs.

Rajbhera subadult from Bandhavgarh

Tiger from Kaziranga

Mom with 4 cubs from Tadoba

Khumba from Ranthambore

2 users Like Apollo's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-23-2015, 01:18 AM by Pckts )

Who is Khumba related to?
Rajbhera Is a big boy, he seems to be quite photogenic as well. I have been seeing more and mroe photos of him.

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

(03-23-2015, 01:18 AM)'Pckts' Wrote: Who is Khumba related to?
Rajbhera Is a big boy, he seems to be quite photogenic as well. I have been seeing more and mroe photos of him.

Khumba was born to Jhumroo male and Indala tigress (T27)
Khumba had two brothers T32 and T33.

2 users Like Apollo's post