There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 05-16-2022, 11:04 PM by Ashutosh )

Umarpani, Kanha:

2 users Like Ashutosh's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

He’s not looking great but glad he’s still around for however long that’s going to be.
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-23-2022, 08:44 PM by Pckts )

RIP Wagdoh
He died of old age today.
Said to be 18 years old!

5 users Like Pckts's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor

19 year old Waghdoh with his canine still intact!! It might be the end of the line for the “big daddy of Tadoba”, but what a legacy he leaves behind. Amazing.
3 users Like Ashutosh's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(05-23-2022, 09:11 PM)Ashutosh Wrote: 19 year old Waghdoh with his canine still intact!! It might be the end of the line for the “big daddy of Tadoba”, but what a legacy he leaves behind. Amazing.

They won’t do it but they really should take skull measurements of him so we could actually compare him to some past Tigers.
2 users Like Pckts's post

India DaveB Offline

A very sad news, He was a rare and unique specimen.... Never got a chance to see him in the wild, I had been able to follow Waghdoh only via inputs available on this site.... sadly my wish of actually seeing him in the wild remains a wish Sad 
I wonder what his exact age was? There are contradicting details on various sites, some places its mentioned as 17, some mention it as 18 and some say 20.

Bigcat Enthusiast

Nela Nala
3 users Like Pckts's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

RIP Wagdoh...

1 user Likes Spalea's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

(05-24-2022, 03:18 PM)DaveB Wrote: A very sad news, He was a rare and unique specimen.... Never got a chance to see him in the wild, I had been able to follow Waghdoh only via inputs available on this site.... sadly my wish of actually seeing him in the wild remains a wish Sad 
I wonder what his exact age was? There are contradicting details on various sites, some places its mentioned as 17, some mention it as 18 and some say 20.

no one knows his true origin, when he first appeared in Dec/2010. many credible sources from Tigernation.org (a website that no longer exists) reported that he was seen for a few years in Kolsa before he made his way up to Moharli. many people that i spoke to believe he was 6-7 years old and in full-prime (in this picture below). some say he was just 5 years old in that picture. from the lowest age estimates, that would put him at minimum 17 years old and highest probably 19. I believe he was born in 2003-2004 personally (based entirely from his first ever picture known to public records). 

*This image is copyright of its original author

picture courtesy of Indranil Paul - Dec/2010
2 users Like Roflcopters's post

India DaveB Offline

(06-03-2022, 03:19 PM)Roflcopters Wrote:
(05-24-2022, 03:18 PM)DaveB Wrote: A very sad news, He was a rare and unique specimen.... Never got a chance to see him in the wild, I had been able to follow Waghdoh only via inputs available on this site.... sadly my wish of actually seeing him in the wild remains a wish Sad 

no one knows his true origin, when he first appeared in Dec/2010. many credible sources from Tigernation.org (a website that no longer exists) reported that he was seen for a few years in Kolsa before he made his way up to Moharli. many people that i spoke to believe he was 6-7 years old and in full-prime (in this picture below). some say he was just 5 years old in that picture. from the lowest age estimates, that would put him at minimum 17 years old and highest probably 19. I believe he was born in 2003-2004 personally (based entirely from his first ever picture known to public records). 

picture courtesy of Indranil Paul - Dec/2010

Thanks for your response to my post Roflcopters. That's interesting info, an approximate age of 19 makes him as old as 'Machhli' i guess? 
Not sure if the forest officials have done a post-mortem in his case which could probably give a better idea about his age maybe? He is a legend and I also feel the forest officials could have handled him a bit better in his last days.
1 user Likes DaveB's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

Bajrang from Tadoba - Moharli Lake and Village in the backround. May/2022

Chota Bheem from Khitauli - Bandhvagarh May/2022

sheer muscle display by T58 - Ranthambore May/2022

Charger of Dudhwa - March/2022

Bhimtal male from Pilibhit - May/2022

Grandson of Katezari male and the son of Kankazari male aka Ranga - April/2022

Ranga 

King of Burapahar range - Kaziranga - May/2022

male tiger from Pilibhit - May/2022

my boy Matkasur male from Madnapur buffer - April/2022

Chota Matka - May/2022

Surya from Umred Karhandla - son of Matkasur male and Maya - April/2022
4 users Like Roflcopters's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-09-2022, 09:46 PM by Ashutosh )

Very rarely do you come across a litter of 3 where every individual has made it to adulthood and stood out. Durga and Handsome’s litter including Baras, Bindu and Sambhaji:

1 user Likes Ashutosh's post

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

jharni now has one cub left..chota matka killed the others guy's on a mission @Roflcopters

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

Chota Matka’s rise to the top has never been short of interesting, he stayed around and had numerous battles with males same age and younger. some even older and in the end. he eliminated all. powerful genes of Matkasur and Choti Tara. despite going through all the scientific experiments. neck collar and then life after the collar and now emerging as one of the most powerful ruling males. his offsprings with Jharni will be a strong litter if Mowgli doesn’t return. sad, I would have loved to see Mowgli for longer. hope he’s safe and sound. as its often the jungle rule. strongest shall survive and the weak will perish. this is Chota Matka’s time now.
1 user Likes Roflcopters's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

he just refuses to leave for good.

2 users Like Pckts's post