There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-03-2022, 11:43 PM by Ashutosh )

Bajrang, Bandhavgarh:

Balram, Tadoba:

T50, Kanha:

Once upon a time, T24 aka Ustaad, Ranthambore:

5 users Like Ashutosh's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Pravin Sathawane
Handsome Male

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like Pckts's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

Bolgudda male from Bandipur - Aug/2022

Bolgudda male again - Aug/2022

new male from Bandipur - Feb/2022

same male

another male from Bandipur - Feb/2022

T58 from Ranthambore - Sep/2022

Taru - Aug/2022

T7 from Akola buffer (Panna) - pic from earlier this year. 

Charger male from Dudhwa - earlier this year.

Balram from Tadoba. he rules hill top, katezari and vasant bhandara area of Tadoba range.
3 users Like Roflcopters's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert
( This post was last modified: 09-22-2022, 06:48 AM by Roflcopters )

Choti Madhu from Agarzari buffer, bloodline of Khali and Madhuri. Aug/2022

Taru male from Agarzari buffer, easily one of my favorite tiger from Tadoba at the moment. Sep/2022

Dadiyal male from Sirkheda, picture from earlier this year.

Raka the king of Mamla buffer - Aug/2022

King Matkasur after a fight with Tala. Jan/2022

crazy how fast things change in the wild, Rudra and Tala temporary coalition managed to push Matkasur out of his main areas. Matkasur then pushed out Kankazari male and took over his territory. Rudra and Tala ruled for a little bit before they were intercepted by Yuvraj and Balram. both the duo brothers then ended up losing territories to Yuvraj and Balram. Tala tried to go after Bajrang and was chased away. few months later, Tala tried his luck in Matkasur’s area and was pushed back by the old king. Matkasur got a permanent scar on his nose from the fight but he still managed to win the fight. later in the year, Tala ventured into CM’s territory and was badly injured. Rudra on the other hand has been living under the shadows and avoiding all conflict unlike his brother who is probably one of the most resilient tiger i have seen. despite the losses, he comes back for more. maybe with time. as Bajrang and Matkasur begin to age more. the duo brothers Rudra/Tala might be the ones to displace them from their territories. only time will tell. Chota Mowgli has gained substantial strength after being ousted by Chota Matka and he could be a problem. the unluckiest tiger in all of this was probably Mowgli, end of March. he was injured hunting a porcupine, while in recovery phase. he fought Tala and defeated him. later in the same week, he was approached by CM and a serious fight took place between the two. unfortunately for Mowgli. he was defeated and had to leave the area. perhaps he will be back one day, fingers crossed. 

pugmark of old scissor male (Dudhwa)

pugmark of either a male or a very large female. Pench - MP

tiger pugmark from Chitwan - 2020

tiger pugmark from Ranthambore - 2017

tiger pugmark from Tadoba - 2013

Jai’s pugmark from Umred - 2015
4 users Like Roflcopters's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(09-22-2022, 12:51 AM)Roflcopters Wrote:

Choti Madhu from Agarzari buffer, bloodline of Khali and Madhuri. Aug/2022

Taru male from Agarzari buffer, easily one of my favorite tiger from Tadoba at the moment. Sep/2022

Dadiyal male from Sirkheda, picture from earlier this year.

Raka the king of Mamla buffer - Aug/2022

King Matkasur after a fight with Tala. Jan/2022

crazy how fast things change in the wild, Rudra and Tala temporary coalition managed to push Matkasur out of his main areas. Matkasur then pushed out Kankazari male and took over his territory. Rudra and Tala ruled for a little bit before they were intercepted by Yuvraj and Balram. both the duo brothers then ended up losing territories to Yuvraj and Balram. Tala tried to go after Bajrang and was chased away. few months later, Tala tried his luck in Matkasur’s area and was pushed back by the old king. Matkasur got a permanent scar on his nose from the fight but he still managed to win the fight. later in the year, Tala ventured into CM’s territory and was badly injured. Rudra on the other hand has been living under the shadows and avoiding all conflict unlike his brother who is probably one of the most resilient tiger i have seen. despite the losses, he comes back for more. maybe with time. as Bajrang and Matkasur begin to age more. the duo brothers Rudra/Tala might be the ones to displace them from their territories. only time will tell. Chota Mowgli has gained substantial strength after being ousted by Chota Matka and he could be a problem. the unluckiest tiger in all of this was probably Mowgli, end of March. he was injured hunting a porcupine, while in recovery phase. he fought Tala and defeated him. later in the same week, he was approached by CM and a serious fight took place between the two. unfortunately for Mowgli. he was defeated and had to leave the area. perhaps he will be back one day, fingers crossed. 

pugmark of old scissor male (Dudhwa)

pugmark of either a male of a very large female. MH

tiger pugmark from Chitwan - 2020

tiger pugmark from Ranthambore - 2007

tiger pugmark from Tadoba - 2013

Jai’s pugmark from Umred - 2015

14-17 cm pugmarks are fairly standard, anything over that belongs to larger males generally speaking.
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

yeah no doubt, just posting my collection for educational purposes. I’ll post more pugmarks when i get more time on my hand.
2 users Like Roflcopters's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-22-2022, 03:13 AM by Pckts )

(09-22-2022, 02:31 AM)Roflcopters Wrote: yeah no doubt, just posting my collection for educational purposes. I’ll post more pugmarks when i get more time on my hand.

They’re interesting for sure. Also when in soft mud pugmarks can be exaggerated or hard dirt they’ll be more accurate.

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

the 14.8 track looks like a tigress toes close together and thinner @Roflcopters

Bigcat Enthusiast

(09-22-2022, 03:03 AM)Rage2277 Wrote: the 14.8 track looks like a tigress toes close together and thinner @Roflcopters

It could be, that’d be a huge girl.

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert
( This post was last modified: 09-22-2022, 07:03 AM by Roflcopters )

@Rage2277 @Pckts 

here is the story behind that pugmark

credits to Sanjeev Siva of CLW

here is another unusual pugmark of a female, I’m not sure what happened here. you can see a cub’s pug-mark to the left. can anyone guess how old the cub is based on the pugmark? Corbett - May 2017
2 users Like Roflcopters's post

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

that cub must be less than a month old @Roflcopters

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

1-3 month max is my best guess and looks like it could be multiple cubs based on other little pugmarks that are overlapping, I’m guessing cubs were being followed by their mother and behind them was probably a male tiger or the father of the cubs. based on the overlapping hindfoot on top of the forefoot. someone on the original picture suggested this. it makes the most sense to me.
1 user Likes Roflcopters's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Ustaad 2013

2 users Like Pckts's post

Ashutosh Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 09-23-2022, 12:39 AM by Ashutosh )

P243, Panna. Slide and check out the second photo. He has really bulked up even more from last year:

3 users Like Ashutosh's post