There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India

India shaileshsharadnaik Offline
Tadobatigerlover
( This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 10:04 PM by Rishi )

(02-03-2019, 12:12 PM)Rage2277 Wrote:

injured matkasur his son is putting alot of pressure on him..chota matka is already a bigger male too

Hello, this looks like recent January 2019 footage. that time it rained in tadoba. So matkasur is limping after fight with his son.
3 users Like shaileshsharadnaik's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(02-06-2019, 04:23 PM)Roflcopters Wrote: Do you guys genuinely believe that Bheem of Bandhavgarh is same size as Umarpani? i personally think it’s the winter coat Bheem has in the winters that makes him look like an absolute beast. dimensionally Umarpani looks bigger in every way possible but Umarpani does have a huge head. It could also fool some people. for example, even in the Umarpani saga i should say. since he controlled the outcome of every battle to gain control. I always felt that Bheema was the tallest, Kingfisher was the most robust, Umarpani himself was also a very robust male. just seemed a bit smaller than KF and CM was undoubtedly the smallest out of the four. I never really gave it a thought but @Pckts
you might have a point. Bheem’s real size was demonstrated next to Jobhi and Jobhi was perhaps one of the biggest male of his time. 

*This image is copyright of its original author

here’s Bheem next to Jobhi, arguably the longest Central Indian male i have ever seen. even longer than Bokha i believe. also the different coats are very pronounced. I noticed the same thing with B2/Bokha, it usually gave people the impression that B2 was bigger because he had a really decent winter coat.

Bheem and Jobhi

for those of you that have seen Jobhi in his prime are probably aware of his amazing size

Jobhi

Jobhi

Jobhi

so how big is Bheem exactly and how does he compare with Umarpani male. I wonder..

I have had people tell me they are close in size and people that says Umarpani is bigger. Just heard one say Bheem is bigger though. 
So Umarpani is probably bigger. Looks to have a bigger head, longer, more muscular and about equally as tall. So that is my view on them. 
Umarpani looks more impressive that’s for sure.

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Matkasur and Chota Matkasur 
Looks like his son is going to give him a real challenge. He’s bigger and looks confident. 

I have been very impressed by Chota Matka’s size. His shoulder height is what is the most impressive. Can’t wait to see him adding more bulk as he matures 

I don’t know if this has been posted before, but dosen’t hurt to see it again
6 users Like Pantherinae's post

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

son of mamu's sister the chakrandhara female in mangu's territory pic by Hira Punjabi‎ Feb-2019
4 users Like Rage2277's post

animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-09-2019, 08:07 AM by Rage2277 )

some months ago matkasur intimidating his sons look at the size of their paws to his..credits Safariwale
4 users Like Rage2277's post

ABHI1710 Offline
New Join
( This post was last modified: 02-10-2019, 06:40 AM by Rishi )

(02-06-2019, 11:48 PM)Pckts Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 04:23 PM)Roflcopters Wrote: Do you guys genuinely believe that Bheem of Bandhavgarh is same size as Umarpani? i personally think it’s the winter coat Bheem has in the winters that makes him look like an absolute beast. dimensionally Umarpani looks bigger in every way possible but Umarpani does have a huge head. It could also fool some people. for example, even in the Umarpani saga i should say. since he controlled the outcome of every battle to gain control. I always felt that Bheema was the tallest, Kingfisher was the most robust, Umarpani himself was also a very robust male. just seemed a bit smaller than KF and CM was undoubtedly the smallest out of the four. I never really gave it a thought but @Pckts
you might have a point. Bheem’s real size was demonstrated next to Jobhi and Jobhi was perhaps one of the biggest male of his time. 

here’s Bheem next to Jobhi, arguably the longest Central Indian male i have ever seen. even longer than Bokha i believe. also the different coats are very pronounced. I noticed the same thing with B2/Bokha, it usually gave people the impression that B2 was bigger because he had a really decent winter coat.

Bheem and Jobhi

for those of you that have seen Jobhi in his prime are probably aware of his amazing size

Jobhi

Jobhi

Jobhi

so how big is Bheem exactly and how does he compare with Umarpani male. I wonder.. 

Short answer, Umarpani looks larger than Bheem to me, at least when it comes to muscle mass, frame size is close, I may give a slight advantage to Bheem but no way to know for sure.

Any tiger that can make a female look like this is a huge guy regardless.

I badly want to see bheem's weight measured...these days tigers weight are not measured.
3 users Like ABHI1710's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(02-09-2019, 11:34 PM)ABHI1710 Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 11:48 PM)Pckts Wrote:

Bheem and Jobhi

Jobhi

Jobhi

Jobhi

Short answer, Umarpani looks larger than Bheem to me, at least when it comes to muscle mass, frame size is close, I may give a slight advantage to Bheem but no way to know for sure.

Any tiger that can make a female look like this is a huge guy regardless.

I badly want to see bheem's weight measured...these days tigers weight are not measured.
They are still measured, getting the information is a little tougher but I've been able to get measurements from quite a few sources of the years so I know the practice is still done often.
2 users Like Pckts's post

animal enthusiast

Mihir Mahajan-Next in line | Pench | Winter 2018-19. 

For eight seasons in this pretty little forest, which inspired the legendary Kipling to pen his life’s greatest work, a male tiger called Raiyakassa ruled. His reign was so complete and his hold over the land so watertight, that rival males refused to enter his fabled kingdom, one that passed over hills and vales and encompassed beautiful ponds and lakes and an enchanting river, the Pench. But, all good things have to pass and make way for newer, more vigorous ones. Late last season, we heard reports about skirmishes between Raiyakassa and a ‘New Male’. The ‘New Male’ became almost a myth, seldom seen but always present, slowly and steadily inching towards ultimate domination of this most coveted of forest lands. The monsoon, like they have on countless occasions before, finally swang the pendulum the New Male’s way. Raiyakassa was spotted far away in the Sillari zone and the New Male was the emerging ruler of a land that is always the most prized! 
Over the last many years, on several winter dawns and summer dusks, i’ve seen Raiyakassa come out from behind Bijamatta and cross the bridge from the exact same spot. The baton has passed well and truly. Touria shall always have a powerful ruler, for only the strongest cross the gargantuan Kalapahad!

It was an absolute pleasure to see this huge boy on the morning of the 1st of January (2019's first tiger!).
5 users Like Rage2277's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Shadab Khan‎ 

"Always a Bliss to Sight a Male Tiger, Huge One on Evening Stroll"

PTR, Maharashtra!

4 users Like Pckts's post

India corbett08 Offline
New Join
( This post was last modified: 02-21-2019, 01:11 PM by Rishi )

Wildcat walking like a king.    http://www.corbettdhikala.com/jim-corbett-safari.php

https://www.facebook.com/thesafariindia/...331533687/
3 users Like corbett08's post

animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-21-2019, 06:09 PM by Rage2277 )

spotty with chakranhara male son of mamu's sister..wonder if the cubs are safe..mangu's got problems,the youngster is making moves photo by Ravi Bandhavgarh
2 users Like Rage2277's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(02-21-2019, 06:09 PM)Rage2277 Wrote:
spotty with chakranhara male son of mamu's sister..wonder if the cubs are safe..mangu's got problems,the youngster is making moves photo by Ravi Bandhavgarh

You have him, the Banbehi Sub Adult
Ravi Bandhavgarh
Banbehi Male 

Tiger Bandhavgarh 

and the Rajbhera Male all coming into their own right now
Ravi Bandhavgarh
R3

Rajbhera Male
November 2017

and with all the other cubs roaming around Bandhavgarh right now, the future is bright there.
3 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Look who's been spotted!?

Ranveer Singh Gautam 
Wagdoh male seen in non tourism buffer by our wildlifer friends.

He looks healthy and huge as always.

3 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(02-21-2019, 06:09 PM)Rage2277 Wrote:

2 users Like Pckts's post

animal enthusiast

son of naina and bajrang feb 2019 photo-Jeswin Kingsly
3 users Like Rage2277's post