There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Shyam Yadav Kanha
#KTR#

#T30#
#Jan 2019# — feeling happy at Kanha Tiger Reserve.

*This image is copyright of its original author
3 users Like Pckts's post

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

Rakesh Guddu‎-Size matters..... 
Fatty boy of Kanha 
Chota munna 

Jan 2019
7 users Like Rage2277's post

animal enthusiast

Rakesh Guddu-King on evening stroll 

Kanha national park 

Jan 2019
5 users Like Rage2277's post

animal enthusiast

Ram Sundhar‎- Shivanjari male, Tadoba.

This young, bold and strong male is taking on the mighty males of Tadoba-Bajrang, Matkasur and Kakanzhari. He is in search of a territory and the verdict of his survival among the fittest is yet to be known.

With Maya and Choti Tara relentlessly trying to safeguard their cubs, Chota Matka still trying to settle down, the next one year has too many mysteries to be unfolded at the real land of Tigers!
4 users Like Rage2277's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

Umarpani male and Dhawajandi female, Jan/2019. photo courtesy of Siddhesh Mungekar.

Umarpani male and Dhawajandi female, check out the massize size difference between the two. Jan/2019.

Mukhtar Singh from Pench, MH. Jan/2019

Mukhtar Singh from Pench, MH. Jan/2019. photo courtesy of Vasant Sawarkar.

the big male of Chorbahuli from Pench, MH. Jan/2019. photo courtesy of Vijay Sontakke.

Bajrang in Junona buffer, this guy never fails to amaze me. he can roam any corner of Tadoba and still come out on top. he has the biggest territory and has sired 35+ cubs with 8-9 females under him. what he has accomplished in his 5 years of dominance is truly a remarkable feat. I don’t think i know of any tiger that could match his numbers from Central India. I could only think of Wagdoh, B2 and Raiyakassa. Dec/2018. photo courtesy of Kunal Nandkumar Pawar.

Bajrang in Junona buffer, Dec/2018.
photo courtesy of Kunal Nandkumar Pawar.
7 users Like Roflcopters's post

animal enthusiast

aurangzeb t57 ranthambore photo by prashant choudhary
5 users Like Rage2277's post

animal enthusiast

Tigerwalah-Untimely death of another promising tiger: MB 1 aka Langda from Kanha Tiger Reserve who had moved out to Balaghat Range last November was killed by villagers as he had come to feed on a poisoned cattle kill. Villagers had disposed the body to hide the crime but finally nabbed.
His brother MB2 who was shifted to Satkosia Tiger Reserve had met a similar fate few months back.
About time a strategy is put in place for protecting young tigers dispersing from PA's.
3 users Like Rage2277's post

animal enthusiast

injured matkasur his son is putting alot of pressure on him..chota matka is already a bigger male too
4 users Like Rage2277's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-05-2019, 04:12 AM by Pckts )

Shadab Khan
"Umarpani Male"

Kanha !!

Umarpani Male T30

Kanha | Nov '18

#Kiplingcamp #Kanha #MP
Photo credit: Jeswin Kingsly

animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-06-2019, 10:21 AM by Rage2277 )

cub of dotty and mamu..he'll be a big boy should he make it to adulthood photo by Ravi Bandhavgarh‎ feb 5 2019
1 user Likes Rage2277's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert
( This post was last modified: 02-06-2019, 05:04 PM by Roflcopters )

Do you guys genuinely believe that Bheem of Bandhavgarh is same size as Umarpani? i personally think it’s the winter coat Bheem has in the winters that makes him look like an absolute beast. dimensionally Umarpani looks bigger in every way possible but Umarpani does have a huge head. It could also fool some people. for example, even in the Umarpani saga i should say. since he controlled the outcome of every battle to gain control. I always felt that Bheema was the tallest, Kingfisher was the most robust, Umarpani himself was also a very robust male. just seemed a bit smaller than KF and CM was undoubtedly the smallest out of the four. I never really gave it a thought but @Pckts
you might have a point. Bheem’s real size was demonstrated next to Jobhi and Jobhi was perhaps one of the biggest male of his time. 

here’s Bheem next to Jobhi, arguably the longest Central Indian male i have ever seen. even longer than Bokha i believe. also the different coats are very pronounced. I noticed the same thing with B2/Bokha, it usually gave people the impression that B2 was bigger because he had a really decent winter coat.

Bheem and Jobhi

for those of you that have seen Jobhi in his prime are probably aware of his amazing size

Jobhi

Jobhi

Jobhi

so how big is Bheem exactly and how does he compare with Umarpani male. I wonder..
5 users Like Roflcopters's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-07-2019, 12:32 AM by Pckts )

(02-06-2019, 04:53 PM)Roflcopters Wrote: Do you guys genuinely believe that Bheem of Bandhavgarh is same size as Umarpani? i personally think it’s the winter coat Bheem has in the winters that makes him look like an absolute beast. dimensionally Umarpani looks bigger in every way possible but Umarpani does have a huge head. It could also fool some people. for example, even in the Umarpani saga i should say. since he controlled the outcome of every battle to gain control. I always felt that Bheema was the tallest, Kingfisher was the most robust, Umarpani himself was also a very robust male. just seemed a bit smaller than KF and CM was undoubtedly the smallest out of the four. I never really gave it a thought but @Pckts
you might have a point. Bheem’s real size was demonstrated next to Jobhi and Jobhi was perhaps one of the biggest male of his time. 

here’s Bheem next to Jobhi, arguably the longest Central Indian male i have ever seen. even longer than Bokha i believe. also the different coats are very pronounced. I noticed the same thing with B2/Bokha, it usually gave people the impression that B2 was bigger because he had a really decent winter coat.

Bheem and Jobhi

for those of you that have seen Jobhi in his prime are probably aware of his amazing size

Jobhi

Jobhi

Jobhi

so how big is Bheem exactly and how does he compare with Umarpani male. I wonder..

Short answer, Umarpani looks larger than Bheem to me, at least when it comes to muscle mass, frame size is close, I may give a slight advantage to Bheem but no way to know for sure.

Any tiger that can make a female look like this is a huge guy regardless.

5 users Like Pckts's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

About #2549 and #2550: these tigers are absolutely awesome ! How many do you think they weigh ? Perhaps 250 kilos ?

They display a muscle density that I have never seen among the other felids, I have to admit it...
1 user Likes Spalea's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert
( This post was last modified: 02-07-2019, 01:55 AM by Roflcopters )

I agree, Bheem really closes this argument for me. I clearly see why people generally find him to be a bit bigger than Pannalal and Mangu.

@Spalea 

there’s two sides to a coin, head and tail. In that encounter between the two. Bheem was the head and Jobhi was the tail. Jobhi lost an eye in that fight and i believe it was his first loss ever. good memories.
2 users Like Roflcopters's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 12:21 AM by Pckts )

(02-07-2019, 01:50 AM)Roflcopters Wrote: I agree, Bheem really closes this argument for me. I clearly see why people generally find him to be a bit bigger than Pannalal and Mangu.

@Spalea 

there’s two sides to a coin, head and tail. In that encounter between the two. Bheem was the head and Jobhi was the tail. Jobhi lost an eye in that fight and i believe it was his first loss ever. good memories.

Bheem male
And 
Mahaman female 
Tiger tracker bandhavgarh

3 users Like Pckts's post