There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoca male lions

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

7 users Like Tr1x24's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Blondie avoca continues his poor condition. This boy really needs to keep up with his pride for food otherwise will be in trouble. I truly hope his elbow is just dislocated and will pop up soon so that he will heal. 

https://m.facebook.com/groups/3149827528...819655470/
3 users Like DARK MANE's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(04-05-2022, 11:01 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: Blondie avoca continues his poor condition. This boy really needs to keep up with his pride for food otherwise will be in trouble. I truly hope his elbow is just dislocated and will pop up soon so that he will heal. 

https://m.facebook.com/groups/3149827528...819655470/

It is clearly illness, not a lack of food in the moment.
3 users Like Potato's post

WildLeonis Away

Unfortunately the page linked is private so I’m unable to see the update on Blondie. He’s been struggling off and on for a while. I hope he’s able to recover from whatever his ailment may be.
1 user Likes WildLeonis's post

Australia 1999gc8 Offline

(04-06-2022, 02:59 AM)WildLeonis Wrote: Unfortunately the page linked is private so I’m unable to see the update on Blondie. He’s been struggling off and on for a while. I hope he’s able to recover from whatever his ailment may be.

Yesterday I saw a short clip of Blondie on a Instagram story and he could not weight bare on his left paw at all and he looked extremely skinny. Spine was visible and looks like he hasn't had a good meal in a long time. Even at Dark Manes worst I think he even moved a lot better than Blondie.

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-06-2022, 08:13 AM by criollo2mil )

(04-06-2022, 02:59 AM)WildLeonis Wrote: Unfortunately the page linked is private so I’m unable to see the update on Blondie. He’s been struggling off and on for a while. I hope he’s able to recover from whatever his ailment may be.

The link is a version of this video below:

4 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

DM is back at Londolozi :

Photo credits : native_escapes_travel

*This image is copyright of its original author
10 users Like Tr1x24's post

Gavskrr Offline

bad situation for avocas, Blondie in bad shape, DarkMane nomadic and not looking good, with luck Blondie recovers like other times  and Dark Mane goes back north, of all places is the one that offers the least potential danger to him at this stage of time. Interestingly they have a bit of "luck" as Nwas'  probably won't advance and in the North there is no coalition at the moment that could cause concern, plains camp males at the moment seem satisfied with their territory
3 users Like Gavskrr's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(04-06-2022, 11:04 AM)Gavskrr Wrote: bad situation for avocas, Blondie in bad shape, DarkMane nomadic and not looking good, with luck Blondie recovers like other times  and Dark Mane goes back north, of all places is the one that offers the least potential danger to him at this stage of time. Interestingly they have a bit of "luck" as Nwas'  probably won't advance and in the North there is no coalition at the moment that could cause concern, plains camp males at the moment seem satisfied with their territory

The incursion of 5th Mantimahle male and his sons or kruger males of Torchwood pride from east or any other coalition from KNP. 
Chances of any blitzkrieg from north seems to be slim this time as the invading coalition have to deal with imbali, nharus and basically many prides of manyeleti. For the time being luck is with avocas as most of these prides are ruled by a single male instead of coalition and any invading side would just chase off that single male and settle with the pride. 

The six kambulas will definitely be a challenge. All they need to do is stick together ( if not 6, then 3-4 may be) and somehow spent next 6-8 months and gain experience & confident. 

One healthy avoca would not be sufficient for them.
3 users Like DARK MANE's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Blondie looks terrible, hope he can pull through
1 user Likes Hairy tummy's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

Perhaps those new three males may pose a thread to them? 
Seeing they were aggressive enough to cause trouble for the Nwas, the Avocas would be a interesting target for them.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

WildLeonis Away

It’s hard to tell how DM is doing based on the picture posted. But Blondie seems to be struggling quite a bit. I think it’s been a couple of weeks since he was last seen with the Nkuhumas. If he’s unable to walk on that front paw at all it must’ve got re-injured or perhaps infected. Anyway, hope he can somehow recover. 

Mohawk looks to be completely on his own in Djuma. He certainly is capable of handling himself. However, if a coalition arrived to stir up trouble he could find himself in a bind. Hopefully, he can continue to protect the Nkuhuma cubs alone, while Blondie attempts to recover.
1 user Likes WildLeonis's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-06-2022, 02:41 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Perhaps those new three males may pose a thread to them? 
Seeing they were aggressive enough to cause trouble for the Nwas, the Avocas would be a interesting target for them.

Lucky for them, N'ws stand between them.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-06-2022, 09:25 PM by Tr1x24 )

(04-06-2022, 09:19 PM)WildLeonis Wrote: It’s hard to tell how DM is doing based on the picture posted. But Blondie seems to be struggling quite a bit. I think it’s been a couple of weeks since he was last seen with the Nkuhumas. If he’s unable to walk on that front paw at all it must’ve got re-injured or perhaps infected. Anyway, hope he can somehow recover. 

Mohawk looks to be completely on his own in Djuma. He certainly is capable of handling himself. However, if a coalition arrived to stir up trouble he could find himself in a bind. Hopefully, he can continue to protect the Nkuhuma cubs alone, while Blondie attempts to recover.

Both where with Nkuhumas recently, posted in Sabi Sands.

Blondie not being 100% is nothing new, he was not 100% healthy for couple of years now (since 2019), sometimes worse, sometimes better.

With him getting older, its hard to imagen that his condition will improve much.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

(04-06-2022, 09:20 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-06-2022, 02:41 PM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Perhaps those new three males may pose a thread to them? 

Lucky for them, N'ws stand between them.

That may not help them much. 

Nomadic lions can cross hostile territories if they keep their head low and if found, the Nwas may chase them in their direction.