There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---
Our new member S Boultan needs community opinion on his project on animal conservation. Read his post and if possible help him by replying or sharing it to others who are qualified.

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoca Male Lions and Their Male Lineage

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

He also look very similar to NK/Thanda Impi male Sizanani.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Portugal Rui Ferreira Offline

(9 hours ago)Tr1x24 Wrote: He also look very similar to NK/Thanda Impi male Sizanani.

He does acctually, after all Chela´s mother was Sizanani´s sister, maybe Blondie and Dozie genes played a role who knows
1 user Likes Rui Ferreira's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@NLAL11 Yeah, Chela's younger, I was talking about Ridge Nose's son, he's the exact same age as K6.
1 user Likes Mapokser's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(Yesterday, 03:49 PM)KM600 Wrote:
(Yesterday, 08:01 AM)Ttimemarti Wrote: Out of all of the avoca offspring I think the plains camp young male and darkmanes older son who disappeared mysteriously those two are the most impressive but chelas son and ridgenoses son have potential if the talamati male hadn’t had much a rough time while he was with his brother then I think he could’ve been a bit bigger

I hope the Plains Camp male manages to find himself a good situation with some partners, that’s a very confident male at his young age. I also don’t think Khanya didn’t get any bigger cos of any rough time, he was just always naturally slimmer than his brother, reminded me a bit of Lorkulup compared to his brothers. 

One thing about sizes in lions, a lion can always get bulkier no matter its age but it can’t get any taller after a certain point. That’s why I think Chelas boy is the more impressive brother between the two as of right now, because his mane development and body type is great for his age, but going forward Ridge Nose son will start to become way more impressive. We’ve already seen him too starting to bulk up just as much, and on top of that he’s naturally bigger. Now if we were to compare both of their behaviours, then that’s a different topic.

Yeah I’ve noticed it depends on your genes your health and how much you eat the plain camp males and the kambula boys they always eat and bring down buffalo constantly plus they have great genes and the talamati male he was always skinny and sick I thought he had TB but once his brother disappeared he started to get much bigger unfortunately his brother isn’t with him
1 user Likes Ttimemarti's post