There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASK TILIGER

Indonesia P.T.Sondaica Offline

Can Tiliger grow long mane like lion?
1 user Likes P.T.Sondaica's post

United States animalfan6 Away

Some can and some can't. All depends upon the genes!
1 user Likes animalfan6's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-26-2019, 06:42 PM by Shadow )

(06-25-2019, 07:49 PM)P.T.Sondaica Wrote: Can Tiliger grow long mane like lion?

I have never seen one with mane like lions have, but some hybrids have had definitely something what can be called mane nevertheless. But not anything like lions have when full mane has grown.
With full mane I mean something like this.

*This image is copyright of its original author

Yes, a good excuse to put this photo of a very handsome lion here Wink
5 users Like Shadow's post

United States animalfan6 Away
( This post was last modified: 06-26-2019, 05:48 PM by animalfan6 )

That's one good-looking lion! ?

So..can TILIGER grow mane more long than tiger mane?
Tiluger is 75 % tiger and 25% lion

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-26-2019, 04:52 PM by Shadow )

(06-26-2019, 05:47 AM)P.T.Sondaica Wrote: So..can TILIGER grow mane more long than tiger mane?
Tiluger is 75 % tiger and 25% lion

These two photos should be Tiligers, so it looks like it that they can have a mane, which is something between tiger and lion.  I am no expert in this area, but from what I have seen sometimes I think that they can have small mane at least time to time. But looks like, that some can look like almost pure tigers too. At least if seeing only briefly and from right angle. I wonder does anyone know even roughly, that how many tiligers there are actually. Personally I am not so interested, that I would spend time to find out.

7 users Like Shadow's post

@Shadow wow your first tiliger photo that tiliger have mane look lion
3 users Like P.T.Sondaica's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-26-2019, 05:21 PM by Shadow )

(06-26-2019, 05:13 PM)P.T.Sondaica Wrote: @Shadow wow your first tiliger photo that tiliger have mane look lion

Yes that is quite similar as some lions have, when smaller mane. I am not sure if that is same tiliger as in second photo. That is Radar, but I don´t remember seeing him with that big mane when adult at least.
1 user Likes Shadow's post