There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Asiatic Lion - Data, Pictures & Videos

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

Red eyed young male 

Jimmy Patel

*This image is copyright of its original author
2 users Like Lycaon's post

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

A stuffed lion in Palestine

Full document : small note of lions in the middle east
2 users Like Lycaon's post

United Kingdom Spalea Online
Wildanimal Lover

RIP Bado,
Bye your way, you were indomitable
You lost a fight
And a whole eyepiece
You recovered
And ruled again on your territory...
Never surrendered. 

Ink and bamboo stick.
4 users Like Spalea's post

Sanju Offline

1 user Likes Sanju's post

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

Mahipat Darbar

6 users Like Lycaon's post

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

Vishal Gadhavi‎ 

4 users Like Lycaon's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators

Debashish Maharana 

Small pride of handsome lone male & two females with fat cubs.

5 users Like Rishi's post

Sanju Offline
( This post was last modified: 03-12-2019, 03:56 PM by Sanju )

Striking Pic Of Gir Lion, Shared By PM Modi, Creates Stir Online

"Majestic Gir Lion....Lovely picture!" wrote PM Modi

Mr. Dipak Vadher, Beat Guard at Girnar Wildlife Sanctuary, Junagadh, Gujarat, India.

The image of the Asiatic lion on a tree of red flowers is winning praise online.

A striking image of a lion climbing a 'flame of the forest' tree has gone viral after Prime Minister Narendra Modi shared it on Twitter. The picture was first posted online by Deputy Conservator of Forests (Junagadh), Dr Sunil Kumar Berwal. It was clicked when Forest Beat Guard Dipak came across the rare sight at the Girnar Wildlife Sanctuary in Junagadh, Gujarat.
"Majestic Gir Lion....Lovely picture!" wrote PM Modi on Monday while sharing the photograph, which shows the Asiatic lion climbing a tree of red flowers.

Take a look at the photo of the Asiatic lion below:

Image of an Asiatic lion as shared by the Forest Beat Guard.

Since it was shared online, the image of the rare Gir lion has collected a ton of responses. Dr Berwal also tweeted praise for the photographer who managed to get the beautiful shot.  "Dipak sees the forest in his own way as I have learnt from his photographs. Happy to see this picture of his being liked by all," he wrote.

“It was a moment of joy to capture the lion. I was on my routine patrol in the sanctuary when I came across a male lion climbing on a Flame of the Forests tree on March 5 at around 5:30 pm. It seemed as if he was posing for a photograph. I instantly took out my mobile phone and clicked the moment. It was literally a memory of a lifetime for me,’’ said 28-year-old Dipak Vadher, Forest Beat Guard.

In fact, Vadher said that lions are often found around this tree in the sanctuary and try to climb it. “Last year, I clicked some photos wherein a group of lions was trying to climb the same tree at the same spot but this year, it was a perfect photo,’’ he added.

Out of the total 523 lions, 33 lions were reported from Girnar Wildlife Sanctuary.

“Dipak Vadher is a very sincere staff member and carries his own camera around during field duty. Some of his compositions are very good. ’’ Dr. Sunil Kumar Berwal, Deputy Conservator of Forests, Junagadh, told News18.

He also tweeted praises for Vadher, saying, “Dipak sees the forest in his own way as I have learnt from his photographs. Happy to see this picture of his being liked by all.”

Forest officials say that Girnar forests were once part of a major forest ecosystem comprising Gir and Girnar. Gradually, urbanisation and economic activities caused by major agricultural expansion and industrialisation have separated these two forests converting Girnar to an isolated compact patch of forest habitat of 178.8 square km.

The Gir forest in Gujarat is the last abode of the Asiatic lion in the world. According to the World Wide Fund for Nature, roughly 500 lions live in the 850-square-mile expanse of the Gir sanctuary.

Quote:Anonymous 8 hours ago
He is the Fox of the nation.
Mar 11, 2019 10:41 PM IST

Anonymous 11 hours ago
Bjp shows least concern towards environment nd forest.. 2013-2017 Gujrat govt has given permission to cut six lakh tress, its nt less man...though i am a bjp supporter hearin facts like this has made me opt for NOTA.. BJP will certainly loose voterz who are environment nd forest lovers. (My opinion is the same too)

Anonymous 11 hours ago
Deliberate use of images and icons for projection ..sigh :-(

Anonymous 11 hours ago
Please take the hint. Modi wants people to liken him to a Lion. Or a lioness in this case.

Anonymous 12 hours ago
Seems the new icon for self promotion
4 users Like Sanju's post

Sanju Offline
( This post was last modified: 12-08-2019, 02:27 PM by Rishi )

Jai Durga Bhavani  !!!

6 users Like Sanju's post

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

I know this is a failed hunt but the most "complete" footage so far.

" target="_blank" class="post_link">
6 users Like Lycaon's post

Sanju Offline

2 users Like Sanju's post

Sanju Offline

5 users Like Sanju's post

Sanju Offline
( This post was last modified: 03-17-2019, 11:03 AM by Sanju )

Old Documentary of Gir Lions... (most of it staged and scripted though (like always as usual by this channel) by sending piglets and porcupine to two captive lion cubs separately released and placed to film conveniently than adults there, wild lionesses and cubs are baited with food in the beginning and ending by live buffalo, nevertheless documentary film is good to watch)

2 users Like Sanju's post

United Kingdom Spalea Online
Wildanimal Lover

@Sanju :

About #897: yes quite old documentary too about a quite over period. The old settler walking on foot into the jungle with his binoculars around the neck, the camera at the hand, white pants impeccably ironed and back up to the nostril, his thin whisker... I suppose too he should smell the perfume and the aftershave at 3 kilometers around him ! The egged man ! "The maldhari are very gentle people, they don' t speak english but understand what I want"... the old settler inside the conquered area. And of course he brought back a cub lion into his british homeland.

Yes I confess to be a little spited.
1 user Likes Spalea's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 03-17-2019, 03:18 PM by Rishi )

(03-17-2019, 02:26 PM)Spalea Wrote: @Sanju :

About #897: yes quite old documentary too about a quite over period. The old settler walking on foot into the jungle with his binoculars around the neck, the camera at the hand, white pants impeccably ironed and back up to the nostril, his thin whisker... I suppose too he should smell the perfume and the aftershave at 3 kilometers around him ! The egged man ! "The maldhari are very gentle people, they don' t speak english but understand what I want"... the old settler inside the conquered area. And of course he brought back a cub lion into his british homeland.

Yes I confess to be a little spited.

That cub caught a frigging porcupine!!!
For catching that on film, he gets a coupon to make one bigoted comment every minute... But it's a product of it's time really, when the audience it was meant for wasn't as culturally informed.
1 user Likes Rishi's post