There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Amur Tigers

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

*This image is copyright of its original author

2 users Like Pantherinae's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

3 users Like Pantherinae's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 12-29-2014, 09:09 AM by Pantherinae )

Some size on that tiger compared to a lynx

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

(12-29-2014, 03:29 AM)Pantherinae Wrote: Wanna see a place where it's just pictures of wild siberian tigers. That's kinda hard to find a page where you can see pictures of my favorite subspicies of tiger in the wild! please post images if You have any

Good start Pantherinae
2 users Like sanjay's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Thanks @sanjay 
1 user Likes Pantherinae's post

Wanderfalke Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

Great collection. Looking at this pictures, man, in winter they really have a hard time. Walking and hunting under such wheather conditions costs a lot of energy.
2 users Like Wanderfalke's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Amazing video of siberian tigers caught on camera traps. 

4 users Like Pantherinae's post

Wanderfalke Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

Just found this short clip on YT. I used the google translation and apparently this are two adults. Male and female.

The male looks quite tall. Maybe an example of the so called "Leipzig Line", which is said to be tall but not so heavy. Though difficult to asses since there is no human as reference

4 users Like Wanderfalke's post

tigerluver Offline
Prehistoric Feline Expert
Moderators

@Wanderfalke, could you please elaborate on the "Leipzig Line" and what localities will be find those specimens? Several specimens recorded by Christansen look to be of that line. They're extraordanarily tall and long yet very light.
1 user Likes tigerluver's post

Wanderfalke Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

Sorry to dissapoint, but I don´t know anything about the "Leipzig-Line" apart from what was written by Amnon in the opening post of this thread. As many here might guess, I´m faaaaar away from being as proficient as Peter and others. Reason being, I´m heavily involved in doing regular sports, having a job, caring for Family (regulary visiting) and playing in a band. Thus the time for my big cat passion is rather limited. I´m endlessly grateful to be a part of this community and try to contribute here and there with some internet findings. But I´m sure no contact for in-depth question like the "Leipzig-Line"

Sorry :-( 
3 users Like Wanderfalke's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Wonderfull Gallery of Amur Tiger, Full with pictures
http://amur-tiger.ru/gallery/8
5 users Like sanjay's post

Wanderfalke Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

@sanjay

great find. thx a lot.
1 user Likes Wanderfalke's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Young male Amur Tiger from the remains of the domestic dog, from Russia. To the right in the background is seen tied to a tree

Credit to: Amurs Russian Far East / Amurs Дальнего Востока России
3 users Like sanjay's post