There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Impressive Wild Jaguars - Pictures and Videos

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
( This post was last modified: 10-15-2014, 02:50 PM by sanjay )

Credit to Chris Brunskill

According to him -
"I had an incredible encounter yesterday on the Rio Piquiri here in Mato Grosso. We found an old, battered Jaguar who looked on the brink on death lying in the open on the riverbank. She had a large wound on her stomach and even from long range looked to be in a terrible state. After about 30 minutes she got up and started walking in the shallow water adjacent to the riverbank looking specifically for Caiman, the favourite prey of the Jaguars here in the Pantanal. The light was very harsh, so after taking a few pictures of her I decided to sit and watch for a while. Our boat was in the perfect place, expertly positioned my my guide and friend Oélio Falcão and for five minutes I didn't take a single frame. Suddenly and without warning there was a large splash in the water and after a couple of seconds the cat appeared with a large caiman in her jaws! Quickly changing my exposure, I managed to take five frames in less than a half a second before the caiman somehow escaped from her grasp before completely disappearing from view. I have spent almost six weeks down here in the last two years and yesterday in the blink of an eye I managed to capture an image I had dreamed about since my first trip on the river back in October 2012."

*This image is copyright of its original author

Copyright to Chris

Messages In This Thread
RE: Impressive Wild Jaguars - Jubatus - 06-30-2014, 09:45 PM
RE: Impressive Wild Jaguars - Pictures and Videos - sanjay - 10-15-2014, 02:48 PM