There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Impressive Wild Jaguars - Pictures and Videos

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 04-12-2018, 03:25 AM by epaiva )

(04-11-2018, 02:48 AM)Wolverine Wrote: Probably you know one of the cheapest way to attract a wild cats and any kind of predators in USA and Canada is using a small device called "Rabbit distress call" imitating the screaming of dying rabbit. It costs only 10-20 dollars and can order it by Amazon with your credit card:
https://www.amazon.com/Primos-372-Cotton...dator+call

I dont know is this devise suitable for tropical arias and do you have rabbits in Venezuela but for North America its very effective. You just hide behind a tree, blow the device 3-4 times and after 10-15 minutes if you have a predators around they will come. But if a big hungry cougar or jaguar suddenly appear in close distance to you, you can get into trouble. Thats why is preferbly if you have some gun with you for self protection, this device is used mainly by hunters.

@Wolverine

Thanks a lot for your valuable information, yes you can find a big number of Rabbits here in Venezuela, Cougars in Venezuela never attack people like they do in Canada and Jaguars always stay away from people. The last Cougar I saw was very close to me about 20 meters I was looking for him and suddenly we heard a little noise that came from a tree very high it was a Ocelot that escaped from the Puma and when I turned my vision I saw this large Cougar that looked directly to me and I really did not do much I had a camera but I did not use it, he just turned his back on me and I did nothing with my camera but took a few pictures of the Ocelot and a little video. I will never forget that day, hope some other day I can see another Cougar so close and take a pictures of it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Impressive Wild Jaguars - Jubatus - 06-30-2014, 09:45 PM
RE: Impressive Wild Jaguars - Pictures and Videos - epaiva - 04-12-2018, 12:56 AM