There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Impressive Wild Jaguars - Pictures and Videos

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-02-2014, 03:29 AM by Apollo )

@Pantherinae

Some of your claims.

1) You say "A leopard kills a cheetah easy'er than a lion/tiger kills a leopard"

Which is completely wrong, a male tiger/lion will be much much bigger, stronger and powerful than a leopard but the difference between a leopard and a cheetah will be much less limited. So male tiger/lion will kill a leopard much more easier than leopard killing cheetah.

2) You always use that single account of a subadult tigress with a leopard, but ignoring all other accounts and studies. That is a very wrong and biased way of arguing. So I guess you believe that a jackal can defend or repell a male lion. I told you before comparing a subadult animal with an adult animal is wrong and just look at that that tigress appeared much smaller for a 4 year old, it was stated that the leopard was more severely injured, it was also stated that there is a possibility of poisoning and other fowl play on the tigress and finally the image shows a much older and more decomposed carcass of a leopard when compared to the subadult tigress. So there is so many holes in this available single account, but you just ignored all those.

*This image is copyright of its original author

*This image is copyright of its original author

In the available several accounts and studies, it is clearly stated Tigers sometimes scavenge from leopards, Tigers kill leopards when they can catch it (those the killed leopards are either eaten or left), Leopards avoid tigers at all costs and run or hide or climb a tree when seen. There is nothing stating they can defend or repell a male tiger's attack. Running, climbing a tree and hiding is not repelling an attack.

In a fight between male tiger vs leopard, the tiger will be successful more than 9 out of 10 times (wild encounters). This is the norm and other possible outcomes are very very rare and negligible. We cant base are arguments on negligible occurences.

3) "As You say Lions and tigers are superior amongst The cat's in strength and size,and would kill any other cat if they where going for it,but very rarely they do so, and Often cat's like leopards will be able to defend himself by laying on his back with all four paws."

It is not very rare for male tigers/lions to kill other competition, they will kill it whenever they get a chance in general. If it is very often for cats like leopard to defend or repell an attack, then why run in the first place. 
A single hyena will run from a lion because it cant repel a lion attack, but a group with enough numbers can defend or repel an attack hence they will stand the ground (this is the example for often defending or repelling a lion attack and your claim is very rare unusual event)

4) "​Ofc a leopard will run When they see a lion or tiger, because they can be killed and The risk is very big.."

When the probability of being killed is very high, then how come the occurence of repelling an attack be very often. Your claims contradict each other.

5) "​The thing is a serrious attack from a male lion/tiger will probably end in death every time for another cat."
"The lionesses will Often chase them. But as You say if a lioness want's she kills it."

I agree

Well I guess I made my points clear and I dont want to waste more time on this. Im out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Impressive Wild Jaguars - Jubatus - 06-30-2014, 09:45 PM
RE: Impressive Wild Jaguars - Pictures and Videos - Apollo - 09-02-2014, 03:21 AM