There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Impressive Wild Jaguars - Pictures and Videos

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(04-23-2020, 03:52 PM)Dark Jaguar Wrote: @OncaAtrox

as @Pckts already mentioned That is Hero male. Trust me I am good at memorizing jaguars individual's differences on who's who. Excited 

On your post #569 The top video is a young male named Pinche, it seems he will be a big one. the other ones bellow were pics of Juru you nailed one Huh   the last video obviously those are from Venezuela.

Check this out.

*This image is copyright of its original author

Same jag in 5 years.                                                                                                        different looking rossetes are easier to identify

Theres a female jag in south pantanal named Borboleta ( butterfly in portuguese ) she's got a butterfly on her forehead.

credits: Fazenda San Francisco

Shes got different rossetes patterns than usual.

Each person can ''create'' the identification patterns by minds but others may not notice it clearly and create their own identification way.

For example Hero male got black eyes as well as a ''V''  on his forehead ( others have a ''W'' ) and he is also starting to age. For a comparison Xando male despite having lazy eyes I see he also has an ''L'' on his forehead but other people will see a ''U'' whereas Bororo (his brother) got a ''caterpillar'' on his left side after the shoulder and he already got ''blessed'' with his tip tail gone most likely devoured by piranhas,  Mick/Pirate or Mick Jaguar ( I call him just Mick ) despite his clear missing right eye he got on the right side of his rib one spot alone  ( outside of the rosette ) these spots alone makes it way clear (for me) to identify individuals because that spot alone with rosettes around it automatically creates a star shaped Flower, some jaguars don't have it due to many rossetes together makes no room for a spot alone, Juru also got that ''flower'' but on his right top hind leg/hind quarter meanwhile Scarface male has that ''flower'' on both sides. theres a male named ''Pirate'' in south pantanal too.

Mick on the right side, on this angle you can see on his rib the single spot ( outside of rossetes ) the five rossetes around that single spot turns into a star shaped flower if you look all over it at once. ( I wish I could mark it but unfortunately there's no such tool on the options ).

another jaguar I found with a ''butterfly'' on its forehead.

Yara old female from south pantanal has a ''W'' on her forehead but you can see/imagine other things too and create your own identification.

other methods is trying to find wounds, torn ears, missing tail tip, scars...

this large male from north I am very familiar with ( a while ago I posted a video with him next to a younger male both resting together on the riverbank ) even though I don't know his name or if he even has a name Funny  his left ear is already torn, he got a ''hole'' scar above nostril, I can also see a  Scythe on his forehead  Funny  .   and aside from these details, his overall face is already pretty familiar to me just like other ones. by the way this male looks above 120kg he reminds me Sombra male.

Tusk male ( the aggressive one towards boats ) got a very light yellow colloration almost whiteish and his spots are a bit blurry compared to other jags.

some jags I just lay my eyes and I already know that's him/her Funny  others will take a little bit more and others are unknown jags to me of course so I can't tell.  those methods can be applied to tigers as well but using the stripes obviously haha. 

I personally find many areas of identification even if the face is familiar to me in case I can't see his face haha I am a very meticulous person most likely cause I draw alot.

I am trying to find an option to score or mark over the jaguars pictures to show you the ''flowers'' and explain what I really mean but there is no pencil option to mark/score here though Weird  if you know how to apply these tools let me know. but I hope you got what I meant Happy .

and remember we can only identify the ones we know, there are tons of unknown jags out there yet to be identified, named... which will be a pleasure for me hehe.

Anyways Hero male looks more 120kg than Juru to be honest.  Laughing

I hope it was helpful .
I'm not sure what type of phone you have but I like to screen shot on my phone then edit it that way. I can then mark and crop a lot faster than on a PC.

In regards to Hero's size.
You remember that I posted a photo that i took of Balwin woth the Hunter female. Paulo told me that Blawin is quite a bit larger than Adriano who's a 130kg male. Well Hero to.me looks even larger than Balwin but obviously it's impossible to know for sure. That being said, both Balwin and Hero could be 130kg+ males, no problem.
3 users Like Pckts's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Impressive Wild Jaguars - Jubatus - 06-30-2014, 09:45 PM
RE: Impressive Wild Jaguars - Pictures and Videos - Pckts - 04-23-2020, 05:02 PM