There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Large male tigers from India (Videos Only)

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(11-13-2015, 02:02 AM)Pantherinae Wrote: okey @Pckts yeah weird if they are not been weighed, but would not have been surprised because the weight of especially Choti Tarai is very low and she looks quite big, also Gabbars weight are low.  

yeah it's strange they don't carry scales that can take larger weights when they weigh tigers, but in the case of Madla I'm very curious because he looks so big maybe @GuateGojira can explain how he just estimated that Madla was 250 kg.  

yeah large tigers can reach 250 kg probably quite more often than lions. although they are far between imo, there are probably tigers in Kaziranga that can reach 280 kg (personally sceptical about 300 kg, but also of the opinion that it's not impossible)  can you  imagine what that would look like.

Guate just adjusted the for average food intake from the 272kg mark. It was the most conservative approach and its all we can scientifically prove, so I think thats why he did it that way.

To be honest, I can't imagine a cat larger than the one being hauled off on that elephant, so anything larger than that is unimaginable for me. I wish we knew what he weighed? But its impossible for me to really imagine since I have only seen zoo bred cats in person, maybe after I travel to africa and see them in person I will be able to imagine them a bit better.

When I was 2 feet away from the male one horned Rhino at the Safari Animal Park in SD, it blew me away. How something that large can be alive, astonished me. Even viewing the elephants isn't the same since I;m usually seeing them from a far or above. I can honestly say, you have no idea the size of something until its right there in front of you. Which you of course, have far more expertise than I.
2 users Like Pckts's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Large male tigers from India (Videos Only) - Pckts - 11-13-2015, 02:32 AM
[email protected] - Roflcopters - 11-29-2023, 02:23 PM