There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
The Mighty Mapogos

Serbia Prototype Offline
New Join
( This post was last modified: 07-29-2018, 05:47 AM by Tshokwane )

Can someone recognise any of this lions in this video clip. Any Mapogos ?
1 user Likes Prototype's post

United States swtlei4u Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-26-2018, 09:40 AM by swtlei4u )

(07-23-2018, 01:55 PM)Gabriele GLG Wrote: Do you think it's possible that Makhulu and the original tailless tsalala lioness were litter mates?  I'm thinking about this because they both were born in 1998 and Makhulu is probably from the Tsalala pride.

the original tailess(bibi) was from the ximungwe pride(castelon) left to raise her 2 daughters into tsalala pan, macula must be from one of the prides close to malamala where the eyrefield original stomping ground. their was another website that had a lot of old info from the early to mid 2000 that has since been erased on my work computer but had  a lot of info from the past. you can pretty much track the old coalition and prides, it also had botswana lions on their, even the masai mara lions.
1 user Likes swtlei4u's post

Abomai Offline

(07-25-2018, 09:23 PM)Prototype Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C99MjMN6po

Can someone recognise any of this lions in this video clip. Any Mapogos ?

Some of them, yes. I believe it's Mr. T from 0:17 to 0:45, not sure who he's fighting. At 7:50 it's Mr. T and KT killing the 5th Majingilane. At 3:50 the Majingilane Dark Mane is showing one of his brothers (probably Golden Mane) who's the boss.
1 user Likes Abomai's post

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T

Is the any blood line of mapogos are alive?!

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(10-19-2018, 09:31 PM)Raj8143 Wrote: Is the any blood line of mapogos are alive?!

Yes. 

Two daughters from the Othawa pride, and four daughters from the Mangheni pride.

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T

(10-21-2018, 11:11 PM)Tshokwane Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 09:31 PM)Raj8143 Wrote: Is the any blood line of mapogos are alive?!

Yes. 

Two daughters from the Othawa pride, and four daughters from the Mangheni pride.

is there any sons alive ?!

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(10-26-2018, 12:59 AM)Raj8143 Wrote: is there any sons alive ?!

No one knows if they're still alive, but there were two males from the Othawa pride that went on to live on their own in 2012.

So far, no one has been able to locate them, and it isn't a surprise, considering how big the Kruger park is.

So they could be alive, or also they could have been killed by rival males, anything is a possibility.
2 users Like Tshokwane's post

Brazil T Rabbit Offline

Mr.T and kinky tail - they were enemies to be feared
https://youtu.be/iFvyAL-Mbvo
1 user Likes T Rabbit's post

Canada Pbonz Offline

(11-07-2018, 02:04 AM)T Rabbit Wrote: Mr.T and kinky tail - they were enemies to be feared
https://youtu.be/iFvyAL-Mbvo

I have read today that the 2 male othawa pride are in fact Mapogo blood. 
How could they make it this far with 2 other coalitions taking over and not killing the blood line. 
Amazing

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(11-07-2018, 10:15 PM)Pbonz Wrote: How could they make it this far with 2 other coalitions taking over

They left the Othawa pride before the takeover by the Selati males in 2012.

That aside, in all of this time they haven't been seen again, so we don't know where they "made it this far" or not.

Canada Pbonz Offline

https://www.facebook.com/763154257212411/posts/838624029665433/

Not sure if this works. But they are claiming this guy is back, and claiming it is Mr Ts son.
1 user Likes Pbonz's post

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T

(11-08-2018, 10:17 PM)Pbonz Wrote: https://www.facebook.com/763154257212411/posts/838624029665433/

Not sure if this works. But they are claiming this guy is back, and claiming it is Mr Ts son.

that is so awesome news....!!!
1 user Likes Raj8143's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(11-08-2018, 10:17 PM)Pbonz Wrote: Not sure if this works. But they are claiming this guy is back, and claiming it is Mr Ts son.

(11-08-2018, 10:28 PM)Raj8143 Wrote: that is so awesome news....!!!

I'm sorry to dissapoint you guys, but it's a lie.

That page, that I think it's run by @Altamirano , has been spreading that misinformation for some time now, even getting to the point of using different males of different coalitions, some known, others not known, to pass them off for the Othawa males.

But it is an outright lie, none of the Othawa males have been seen anymore since 2012. 

You have to be careful and investigate, do a bit of research and also compare the whisker patterns on them before believing everything that's said on the internet.
1 user Likes Tshokwane's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-09-2018, 02:03 AM by Tshokwane )

(11-09-2018, 12:13 AM)Altamirano Wrote: Good afternoon ezequiel, I have more pictures of them and they are not random I contacted with photographers who knew their parents, and gave me information, If you want we can talk on facebook Surely you remember me I am also from Argentina 

I do remember you. 

It doesn't change the fact that it's still a lie, Agustín. 

If for 6 years there hasn't been more updtaes about them, even after all people that followed the Mapogos did initially to investigate about them, then that information isn't going to appear now all of the sudden.

If you and whomever your buddies in that page are want to play that game on facebook and fool and misinform people, I can't do much to stop you.

However, if you come here and try to do the same, now that's a different matter.

It will not be allowed, because it's a lie.
3 users Like Tshokwane's post

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T

(11-09-2018, 12:30 AM)Tshokwane Wrote:
(11-09-2018, 12:13 AM)Altamirano Wrote: Good afternoon ezequiel, I have more pictures of them and they are not random I contacted with photographers who knew their parents, and gave me information, If you want we can talk on facebook Surely you remember me I am also from Argentina 

I do remember you. 

It doesn't change the fact that it still a lie, Agustín. 

If for 6 years there hasn't been more updtaes about them, even after all people that followed the Mapogos did initially to investigate about them, then that information isn't going to appçear now all of the sudden.

If you and whomever your buddies in that page are want to play that game on facebook and fool and misinform people, I can't do much to stop you.

However, if you come here and try to do the same, now that's a different matter.

It will not be allowed, because it's a lie.

is it lie? can u cross check it!!! i was really happy dude....