There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

United States T_Ferguson Online

(03-05-2024, 06:11 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Another angle of Othawas bumping into NK breakaways:

Supposedly the Otthawas and Skorro moved into Singita.  I hope that was wise...
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

Friarfan619 Offline

Is it possible blonde talamati searching for his bro??? I'm guessing that's y he didn't stick with his Kruger friend
1 user Likes Friarfan619's post

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(03-05-2024, 07:23 PM)Friarfan619 Wrote: Is it possible blonde talamati searching for his bro??? I'm guessing that's y he didn't stick with his Kruger friend

He separated from the same males while he was still in KNP for whatever reason
1 user Likes KM600's post

Ttimemarti Offline

He’s definitely looking for his brother or he knows he’s gone but why else return to sabi sands when he had a group of young males to hang around
1 user Likes Ttimemarti's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Smaller PCM grooming his cub:

PCM seems to like their cubs way more than the average male do, especially the smaller PCM.

Anyway when I saw this on my cellphone I thought he may have some recent scratchers, but looking at it on the computer I'm not sure I can see anything.

Bigger PCM also playing with cubs:

He definitely has at least one big scratch on his forehead, as well as a wound on his snout, though if it is recent or not I'm not sure, also, it could just be from a scrap with his brother over the buffalo they were eating on Londolozi or something:

*This image is copyright of its original author

If they did kill the NK male, it doesn't seem the NK male left a big enough mark for us to be sure of it. If guides don't give us an official statement we'll probably never know what truly happened.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(03-05-2024, 08:59 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: He’s definitely looking for his brother or he knows he’s gone but why else return to sabi sands when he had a group of young males to hang around

Any news about what happened to DM Talamati??
2 users Like afortich's post

Friarfan619 Offline

(03-06-2024, 02:47 AM)afortich Wrote:
(03-05-2024, 08:59 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: He’s definitely looking for his brother or he knows he’s gone but why else return to sabi sands when he had a group of young males to hang around

I can't find the post on insta but n'was chased them, then only blonde talamati was spotted in Kruger. Iirc guide said n'was didn't have any noticeable wounds when they were spotted
2 users Like Friarfan619's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

Mantimahles in Mala Mala today, by Jaco Joubert:

These guys are showing up in Northern Sabi Sand and Mala Mala very consistently now, they might be trouble.

Black-maned male is impressive, his mane is something else.

His brother also has an impressive but different mane, and a blond one, but his body is massive, he always looked much bigger than his brother which is rare.

I never thought they were as impressive as the PCM, but in this video, at least the blond male looks at least as impressive as the PCM in their most impressive videos.

BDM roaring:

4 users Like Mapokser's post

Yes... what we need is more mature male coalitions in Sabi Sands.... sigh.
3 users Like T_Ferguson's post

United Kingdom Cath2020 Offline

Absolutely dynamite T levels in these Mantimahle Males!  They are in N'was territory?  Where is there pride and how many offspring so far?  Are they from the Mantimahle Pride or are their sires the Mant. themselves?  Confused a bit.
2 users Like Cath2020's post

(03-06-2024, 04:14 AM)Cath2020 Wrote: Absolutely dynamite T levels in these Mantimahle Males!  They are in N'was territory?  Where is there pride and how many offspring so far?  Are they from the Mantimahle Pride or are their sires the Mant. themselves?  Confused a bit.

I read somewhere that they are half brothers of the PCM's, and the same person said Nkhulu's.  I didn't know they were all related.
1 user Likes T_Ferguson's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

These Mantimahles would big brother the PCMs, literally lol I wish there was less mystery with these two, rarely get good updates on them.

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-06-2024, 04:59 AM by Mapokser )

@Cath2020 They were born in the Mantimahle pride sired by the 5 Mantimahle males. They are half-brothers of the 2 PCM and 6 Nkhulu.

I believe their fathers were known as Mantimahle because they controlled that pride, just like S8 was known as the Imbali male since he controlled the Imbali pride.

These 2 Mantimahle control a portion of the Torchwood pride, a pride that sometimes follows them to Sabi Sands.

It's unknown why they are spending all their time in SS now, but it could be pressure from lions from Kruger.

And yeah they are on Ndhzenga territory, more specifically on the territory of the 3 elder Kambulas that Mala Mala is now calling the Ntsevu pride, while the core Kambula pride lives in the central and south parts of Mala Mala.

Ndhzengas have always been quick to deal with the BDM in the north, according to Mala Mala their roars would always send the BDM back so hopefully they'll eventually show up to send a message to the Mantimahle.

Still, it may not be easy, we don't know how strong these 2 are but they look like absolute beasts, bigger male is a tank and the dark-maned mae has one of the blackest manes I've seen.

According to Dr. Craig Packer and his studies, dark-maned males have more testosterone, are stronger and on his own words "superior", so chances are these 2 are no joke.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

Ttimemarti Offline

Anyone know how many daughters the Birminghams had in the torchwood pride?

United Kingdom KM600 Offline

(03-06-2024, 02:47 AM)afortich Wrote:

Weird thing is there’s literally zero news on what happened to him. Last we heard him and Khanya were apparently chased by Gijimas and Khanya was spotted in KNP whereas Dzwihala disappeared.
 One thing for me is certain tho, he definitely made it to KNP because the Gijimas would have shown some injuries if they did catch him. He’s too big of a male for them to stay in perfect condition after a possible altercation.
3 users Like KM600's post