There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
N'waswitshaka males

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

RIP Good Warrior.  Your fighting spirit won me over from the start.   The one N’waswitshaka I was most fond with.   I tend to gravitate towards underdogs.   Especially those that overcome the most.
5 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(02-09-2023, 03:12 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Wide nose has passed away

"The Ndhzenga males are down to 3. This follows the discovery of the club-footed male’s carcass in the central parts of our reserve."

Rest in peace Ubuso. You will be missed.

This was kind of expected, ever since his clash with Gijimas, his condition has been going downhill. Some people hoped that he would pull through, but the disease eventually managed to take his life.

Rip to the fiercest member of the N'waswitshaka males
5 users Like Mdz123's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Rip great ubuso. 
You had won 1 vs 3 battle against gijima boys and their missing brother and single handedly checked their advance in central Sabi sands.
Being oldest and most robust in the coalition, you have helped your gang partners in every manner and from past two years , nwaswitshakas are the most powerful coalition in sabi sands.
Probably save young ndhzengas lives from Charleston males in 2017-18 and taught them tough lessons of survival in wild.
Keep blessings your Amahle, Gore & Eorenji and sons in Styx and kambula pride.
You will always be remembered.
7 users Like DARK MANE's post

Canada Robot00 Offline

It's unfortunate that a lion is only in his prime is taken away by either disease or through battles. WN should have been smarter by patrolling with at least another brother.

I hate when i see lions beginning a fight being out numbered. I would understand if his partner (s) runs away during battle leaving him behind alas addo boys. It's still not ok to leave your partner but at least they started a fight together.
4 users Like Robot00's post

United States GhostCatP-22 Offline

Did Ubuso mate with any of the kambulas? How about with Styx pride? Wondering if he managed to mate with the Styx lionesses and they have some (possible) Cubs from him?
2 users Like GhostCatP-22's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(02-09-2023, 07:31 PM)GhostCatP-22 Wrote: Did Ubuso mate with any of the kambulas? How about with Styx pride? Wondering if he managed to mate with the Styx lionesses and they have some (possible) Cubs from him?

Yes, mated with both, although prob not with all Kambulas.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator
( This post was last modified: 02-09-2023, 08:10 PM by BA0701 )

(02-09-2023, 07:31 PM)GhostCatP-22 Wrote: Did Ubuso mate with any of the kambulas? How about with Styx pride? Wondering if he managed to mate with the Styx lionesses and they have some (possible) Cubs from him?

While it is likely that he bred with females from both prides, I personally believe (likely in the minority here), that this young Styx male, with his wide nose, ad overall head shape, resembles Ubuso. But, as we have learned, appearances don't necessarily mean a relation.

*This image is copyright of its original author
6 users Like BA0701's post

Contributor

(02-09-2023, 08:09 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

While it is likely that he bred with females from both prides, I personally believe (likely in the minority here), that this young Styx male, with his wide nose, ad overall head shape, resembles Ubuso. But, as we have learned, appearances don't necessarily mean a relation.

*This image is copyright of its original author

I have also always been of the belief that he also likely sired the Southern Pride girls.   He was always very very attentive to that Pride in particular.   Just my thoughts.
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Not sure exactly when these photos where taken, but looks recent based of his condition, might be one of the last photos of him :

11 users Like Tr1x24's post

Contributor

(02-09-2023, 08:46 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Not sure exactly when these photos where taken, but looks recent based of his condition, might be one of the last photos of him :

Once we see them wasting away like this….it’s easy to accept that it’s better for them to leave us and Rest in Peace.

He’s leaving a legacy and great memories
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(02-09-2023, 07:31 PM)GhostCatP-22 Wrote: How about with Styx pride? Wondering if he managed to mate with the Styx lionesses and they have some (possible) Cubs from him?
Definitely he has some cubs with styx girls. Styx cubs were born in jan- July 2021. And WN was alright and leader of the coalition by then. But he used to spend much of his time with Southern pride girl and daughters.
4 users Like DARK MANE's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Who sired southern pride matriarch??
Majinglanis??
1 user Likes DARK MANE's post

Ttimemarti Offline

(02-09-2023, 10:44 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: Who sired southern pride matriarch??
Majinglanis??

I’ve been told she is a daughter of the fourways males
2 users Like Ttimemarti's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(02-09-2023, 10:52 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: fourways males
Fourways????
U mean dark Mane jr. And Blondie fourways??
Sons of Majinglanis.
1 user Likes DARK MANE's post