There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 07-10-2022, 12:48 PM by Tr1x24 )

Gijima males:

Photo credits : sudhirramdass

*This image is copyright of its original author

We already had coalition named Gijima males in Sabi Sands in the past, so if we ever need to distinguish the 2 coalitions in some refference/discussion/ text, then maybe use description for these "new Gijimas" as Southern Gijimas or S1 Gijimas.
13 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(07-10-2022, 12:41 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: We already had coalition named Gijima males in Sabi Sands in the past
That would be issue only if both Gijima coalitions would be aliving in the same peroid of time which is not the case. Same no one has issue to call dominant male of Torchwood pride as "Kruger male" even through he is not the first to be called "Kruger male".
1 user Likes Potato's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(07-10-2022, 03:54 PM)Potato Wrote: That would be issue only if both Gijima coalitions would be aliving in the same peroid of time which is not the case. Same no one has issue to call dominant male of Torchwood pride as "Kruger male" even through he is not the first to be called "Kruger male".

Yea, im not saying we should call them Southern or S1 Gijimas now and all the time , we will call the just Gijimas. 

Im saying when we speak of both Gijima coalitions in a same discussion/text or in historicall context ,or if somebody asks "which Gijima coalition you speak of?" that then we can reffer to this ones as Southern or S1 Gijimas. 

Basically to be their 2nd alias, as first Gijimas also didn't have 2nd name or individual names. 

Just as in this your example, we also reffer to this current Kruger Males as Torchwood pride males, and past Kruger Males are also known as Freddy and Limper, based of that 2nd names, we know about which Kruger Males we are or we will be talking about in future discussions/texts.

I hope you get my point.
9 users Like Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom Tonpa Offline
Contributor

"Always a pleasure spending time with the amber-eyed beauty that is the Marthly lioness. We spent time a day ago sharing her story as the sun began to dip towards the Sand river.

We bid her good luck and an hour later heard that she was in the right place at the right time as she managed to snatch a baboon as they unexpectedly came upon her en-route to roost for the evening."

11 users Like Tonpa's post

United States BorntobeWild Offline

I know this is off-topic. I really dont know where I can ask. 

Does anyone know what happened to the two wonderful Youtube channels "The Lioness" and "The Scars"?  All the videos are just disappeared.
2 users Like BorntobeWild's post

Contributor

The lioness deleted her YouTube account it seems, she was a member here too but hasn't visited the forum since 2021
6 users Like Tonpa's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(07-10-2022, 08:34 PM)Tonpa Wrote: The lioness deleted her YouTube account it seems, she was a member here too but hasn't visited the forum since 2021

That’s a shame.  I had a lot of saved videos and great memories from her.    Damn.  I did t realize the videos disappeared.  Sad
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(07-10-2022, 08:34 PM)Tonpa Wrote: The lioness deleted her YouTube account it seems, she was a member here too but hasn't visited the forum since 2021

What about Scar??
2 users Like afortich's post

Contributor

(07-10-2022, 09:08 PM)afortich Wrote:

What about Scar??

I still see his channel 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4JTGal...3AReRNa-5g
6 users Like Tonpa's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(07-10-2022, 04:26 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(07-10-2022, 03:54 PM)Potato Wrote: That would be issue only if both Gijima coalitions would be aliving in the same peroid of time which is not the case. Same no one has issue to call dominant male of Torchwood pride as "Kruger male" even through he is not the first to be called "Kruger male".

Yea, im not saying we should call them Southern or S1 Gijimas now and all the time , we will call the just Gijimas. 

Im saying when we speak of both Gijima coalitions in a same discussion/text or in historicall context ,or if somebody asks "which Gijima coalition you speak of?" that then we can reffer to this ones as Southern or S1 Gijimas. 

Basically to be their 2nd alias, as first Gijimas also didn't have 2nd name or individual names. 

Just as in this your example, we also reffer to this current Kruger Males as Torchwood pride males, and past Kruger Males are also known as Freddy and Limper, based of that 2nd names, we know about which Kruger Males we are or we will be talking about in future discussions/texts.

I hope you get my point.

I concur, while seemingly unavoidable, when lions share the same name it can become confusing. Just like before the Tintswalo Males were given that name, they were the Mbiris all while Scar and Shaka were roaming around with the same name, and so many Kiny Tails and Mohawks roaming around, it can become difficult to keep track at times.
4 users Like BA0701's post

(07-10-2022, 09:16 PM)Tonpa Wrote:

What about Scar??

I still see his channel 

Thanks for your reply. The two channels are my favorite. They are very educational and helpful for newbies to the lions' world. I hope The Lioness can come back here as well as Youtube one day.
4 users Like BorntobeWild's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(07-10-2022, 10:20 PM)东方琳琅STD Wrote:

What about Scar??

I still see his channel 

Thanks for your reply. The two channels are my favorite. They are very educational and helpful for newbies to the lions' world. I hope The Lioness can come back here as well as Youtube one day.

The Scar channel is still active if I’m not mistaken.  He did a video of Tumbelas  not long ago. Unless u mean a different channel
4 users Like criollo2mil's post

(07-10-2022, 11:03 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(07-10-2022, 10:20 PM)东方琳琅STD Wrote:

What about Scar??

I still see his channel 

The Scar channel is still active if I’m not mistaken.  He did a video of Tumbelas  not long ago. Unless u mean a different channel
I am talking about the same channel. Yes, his channel is still active. It is very strange that I can get Scar's videos by clicking the link Tonpa provided, but when I tried to search his channel by "Scar" or "The Scar" or "The Scars" earlier, nothing came out and I still dont see the video of Tumbelas.  I subscribed to his channel. Just because no video about Tumbelas popped out from his channel since Limper passed away and I thought his channel was inactive.
4 users Like BorntobeWild's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Online
Contributor

Scar sadly never updates that much. Perhaps one episode each month alternating between a quick status update, the history of a group or occasionally when something big happened. Ultimately its just one guy doing all the work and the Tumbellas never were that important of a group. So he may have elected to focus on other stuff in his life instead.
3 users Like Duco Ndona's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(07-11-2022, 01:01 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: Scar sadly never updates that much. Perhaps one episode each month alternating between a quick status update, the history of a group or occasionally when something big happened. Ultimately its just one guy doing all the work and the Tumbellas never were that important of a group. So he may have elected to focus on other stuff in his life instead.

You're right. 
What I like about scar is that you get a nice summary of the most recent lions/prides' dynamics in Sabi Sand, which is good for people not familiar with Sabi Sand.
Hopefully, Scar continues with said summaries.
2 users Like afortich's post