There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-11-2021, 02:19 PM)Potato Wrote: I hope they will stick around Shindzela as Avoca pride would be a perfect fit for them. This young fella also was seen in the arena:

*This image is copyright of its original author

Thats oldest Birmingham Breakaway young male, sired by Avoca/Giraffes.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The limping Monwana was seen this morning on the move at Walkers River Camp, he's looking a bit skinny and limping slightly.
Good to hear that he is still alive
Photo by: James Walkers

5 users Like T I N O's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-11-2021, 04:36 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: The limping Monwana was seen this morning on the move at Walkers River Camp, he's looking a bit skinny and limping slightly.

So who is the dead carcass then?
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(04-11-2021, 02:23 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 02:19 PM)Potato Wrote: I hope they will stick around Shindzela as Avoca pride would be a perfect fit for them. This young fella also was seen in the arena:

Thats oldest Birmingham Breakaway young male, sired by Avoca/Giraffes.
He's looking very well feed.

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(04-11-2021, 04:38 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 04:36 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: The limping Monwana was seen this morning on the move at Walkers River Camp, he's looking a bit skinny and limping slightly.

So who is the dead carcass then?

I don't know. James told me this: We will let you know what other males we see lately and we will work out who might be missing if he is a resident male.
4 users Like T I N O's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Fantastic news!
2 users Like Brahim's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 04-11-2021, 05:19 PM by Tr1x24 )

(04-11-2021, 04:51 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Fantastic news!

For that male yes, but theres still dead male there..

Idk if the healthy Monwana male was seen after that, limping male was seen alone it looks like..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Klaserie River pride

4 users Like Potato's post

Venezuela Cunaguaro Offline

The impressive Mbiri Male, Scar/Zigzag on a patrol mission.

5 users Like Cunaguaro's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(04-14-2021, 01:40 AM)Cunaguaro Wrote:  The impressive Mbiri Male, Scar/Zigzag on a patrol mission.

As per Neil Jennings he is a bit bigger than the Red road male. He's a beast!
4 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Limping Monwana males looks to be in perfect shape aside of his problem with a leg.

6 users Like Potato's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

A close up portrait of the scarred face of the smaller maned Xikukutsu male #lion taken on a private #wildlife photographic #safari last week here with my guests at @royalmalewane in South Africa

7 users Like Potato's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

The two Monwana males not were seen together yet. Myself and James we have been trying to get a ID of the dead male lion. Still without success.
2 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(04-14-2021, 09:30 PM)Potato Wrote: A close up portrait of the scarred face of the smaller maned Xikukutsu male #lion taken on a private #wildlife photographic #safari last week here with my guests at @royalmalewane in South Africa

This is the Xikukutsu male that was badly beaten for lions

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Future Generation chilling next to mom - One of the Western pride cubs looking healthy getting big day by day
Photo credit: Yves Strybos Photography

5 users Like T I N O's post