There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Pakistan Nathan Aiden Offline
Banned

Hairy Belly Matimba has been seen with the Othawas in last 3 days.

Ranger Greg says some sort of interaction has taken place between the Matimba Male and at least 2 of the Tumbela Males.

Attached Files Image(s)

Pakistan Nathan Aiden Offline
Banned

Ranger Kyle shared pictures of the pictures and provided an update 3 days ago.

Attached Files Image(s)

Gijima Offline

Tumbela Male- Inyati Lodge- 10/18/20

*This image is copyright of its original author

Mohawk and Nkuhumas- Chitwa Chitwa- 10/17/20

3 users Like Gijima's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Scar Tumbela male:

Photo Credits : diffmarimane

Recently Tumbelas where seen on their own, while whole Othawa Pride reunited, Hairy Belly was also seen with them.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T

(10-18-2020, 07:43 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Scar Tumbela male:

Recently Tumbelas where seen on their own, while whole Othawa Pride reunited, Hairy Belly was also seen with them.

i guess they need more experience to challenge the 14-15 years of HB

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-18-2020, 09:09 PM by Tr1x24 )

(10-18-2020, 08:49 PM)Raj8143 Wrote: i guess they need more experience to challenge the 14-15 years of HB

What you mean? 

HB is not showing any resistence to them, they pretty much mated with Othawa lioness for free without an answer from HB and are in his core territory..

HB is smart and will avoid them as long is possible..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Thats good news, how was HB looking?
2 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-18-2020, 09:06 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Thats good news, how was HB looking?

I dont have that info.
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-18-2020, 08:49 PM)Raj8143 Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 07:43 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Scar Tumbela male:

i guess they need more experience to challenge the 14-15 years of HB

1 - TBH the Tumbela males don't need any kind of experience to challenge to HB (In my opinion). Them have the number and their age on their favour. at this stage. with the heartbraking I doubt that HB will has the chance to survive a attack of these boys. I wish the best for HB. I hope he die for old age and not killed by other lions.

2 - A clear example. The 4 Selati males killed to Mr T without any kind of experience before. They were just 4 and on their heyday. The number and the age means a lot on the lion dynamics. Now Sabi Sands is heading up hot as once was
1 user Likes T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-18-2020, 09:07 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-18-2020, 09:06 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Thats good news, how was HB looking?

I dont have that info.

Last update of HB with pictures was from a couple of days ago. He was really looking good despite his age. I hope that he can avoid the Tumbela males the much longer possible
2 users Like T I N O's post

Hairy tummy Offline
( This post was last modified: 10-18-2020, 09:50 PM by Hairy tummy )

There was a picture put up on YouTube of HB sleeping looking really skinny,Was worrying. This is good news, i may sleep tonight ha
If the tumbela or any young coalition can hunt and kill a buffalo they can certainly kill a single male lion
1 user Likes Hairy tummy's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

A very recent update of the last Matimba male and the Othawa pride seen today at Inyati Game  Lodge. dt: 18.10.20.
Image by: Diff Marimane
Inyati Game Lodge-Sabi Sands

7 users Like T I N O's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

That left back leg of Matimba male is looking very bad.
1 user Likes Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-19-2020, 12:06 AM)Potato Wrote: That left back leg of Matimba male is looking very bad.

He is just skinny.. Which is understandable as he was separeted for a quite some time for an old male..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

South Africa Slayerd Offline

(10-19-2020, 12:13 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-19-2020, 12:06 AM)Potato Wrote: That left back leg of Matimba male is looking very bad.

He is just skinny.. Which is understandable as he was separeted for a quite some time for an old male..

There is no muscle around his bone there. I think he is losing condition very fast. I'm not sure HB will be here by the end of this year. Whether it's at the hand of the Tumbela or old age but things are catching up to him now. I know there are alot of people trying to make it seem like HB can win and live but that's only because they haven't killed him yet. If this was a violent takeover, he'd by dead by now. I'm glad he is not but that's just the truth. We have to accept that these 3 Tumbela are the future of Western Sabi Sands now.
2 users Like Slayerd's post