There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 8 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Sabi Sands

Switzerland Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Liam Burrough: " An ancient feline rests in cool white sands. Old but not out. Matimba “strong”. "

6 users Like Spalea's post

Switzerland Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Liam Burrough: " That’s one serious set of broken teeth! Totally normal for a lion who is as old as this chap is. "

7 users Like Spalea's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Throwback at Nkuhuma lioness Nana:

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Sand River young male in the south of Sabi Sabi:

4 users Like Tr1x24's post

239Pu Offline

(04-20-2020, 09:03 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: Sand River young male in the south of Sabi Sabi:

does that mean N'waswishaka chased him away from the Southern Pride ? or is he still with them ?

United States NCAT33 Offline

(04-20-2020, 11:30 PM)239Pu Wrote:
I really wanna see this fight
HB is too old to fight he will probably retreat.
1 user Likes NCAT33's post

Hairy tummy Offline
( This post was last modified: 04-21-2020, 12:01 AM by Hairy tummy )

I wouldnt like to see hb in a all out brawl now. Has he been seen in the last few days?
2 users Like Hairy tummy's post

United States Matimbalani Offline

(04-20-2020, 11:30 PM)239Pu Wrote:
I really wanna see this fight
Hairy Belly does not look like that any more. To see this fight, you will have to get hold of a time machine. 

(For the record I am not a fan of lion fights.)
3 users Like Matimbalani's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Othawa pride with Matimba male. Junior is already bigger than Othawa lionesses. He is growing as fast as Nguvu. 

4 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-20-2020, 11:26 PM)239Pu Wrote: does that mean N'waswishaka chased him away from the Southern Pride ? or is he still with them ?

He was last seen with 2 Southern Pride lionesses when they had fight with Mangheni pride which was fatal for older lionesses , Mhangeni pride prob chased him away as he was with 2 Southern Pride lionesses when the fight happened.

After that he was seen in Kirkmans Kamp and now returned back into Sabi Sabi. 

Hope he doesnt try to find remaining Southern Pride female, as she has new friends in N'ws males, N'ws males would prob kill him if they find him close to that lioness.
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-21-2020, 01:25 AM)Potato Wrote: Othawa pride with Matimba male. Junior is already bigger than Othawa lionesses. He is growing as fast as Nguvu. 

Interesting, HB warning Junior when he came too close to older Othawa lioness, he doesnt see him as a subadult anymore yet like a young male, this remainds me of Majingilanes schooling Othawa male few years back. Junior never meet his fathers, but he is blessed to be raised by legendary S. Matimbas.

Also i think people underestimate HB too much atm, he might be old but he still has power in him.

Look at his size, he still dwarfs Aunty Othawa, which is big lioness herself, a lot of males would think twice before engaging him:

6 users Like Tr1x24's post

239Pu Offline

(04-21-2020, 12:17 AM)Matimbalani Wrote: (For the record I am not a fan of lion fights.)

i don't like multiple Lion vs one Lion but 1vs1 i'll watch all day
1 user Likes 239Pu's post

Hairy tummy Offline

Just been watching kruger sightings live on YouTube. The guide said rumor has it one of the Birmingham males was killed by a snake...mfumo??

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-21-2020, 07:51 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Just been watching kruger sightings live on YouTube. The guide said rumor has it one of the Birmingham males was killed by a snake...mfumo??

Scrapper/Tokoloshe, but its only speculation.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(04-21-2020, 07:51 PM)Hairy tummy Wrote: Just been watching kruger sightings live on YouTube. The guide said rumor has it one of the Birmingham males was killed by a snake...mfumo??

Talking from memory but as I remember guide was talking about second to die BBoy so indeed Mfumo.