There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Notch Coalition Male Lineage

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
( This post was last modified: 12-02-2014, 10:30 PM by sanjay )

I will post some picture and information of Ceaser, According to Wildlife Photographer Arthur Reiter -
"When I saw Ceasar again in September this year, I had the feeling that he has become significantly heavier since last year. Currently, he is perhaps the largest and heaviest lion in the Mara.

We all know that Caesar in 2013 lost a testicle. My guess is that this fact influences its hormonal balance. And the consequence is an increase in body weight. My question to the veterinarian among us is: Do we have to worry about Caesar?" ----- Arthur Reiter

Some of the recent image of massive Ceaser Lion, son of the notch

*This image is copyright of its original author

Ceaser on the early morning of September 28, 2014 , Mara.

Ceasar on the late afternoon of September 27, 2014

Ceasar (left) and Ron on the late afternoon of September 27, 2014

Caesar on the morning of September 27, 2014

All photos is copyright of Arthur Reiter.

In reply of his question regarding is massive size below is answer of some lion experts-

"First, many, many thanks for these stunning photos of beloved Caesar, Arthur!!! As for his little trouble, well I'm not a medic either but would expect effects on the mane growth in first row, since it happened quite late his mane was fully grown so we can rule that out. The remaining testicle might adjust to what's needed, don't think the loss of one affects the hormone houshold. It could affect his "desire" a bit tho and it's rather the lack of mating activity (while they lose much weight on more or less regular base) what's making him fat, and eating as "substitute satisfaction"...lol. xx" ---- Jeanette Leinweber

"He has always been fat Arthur even as a cub, he seems to possibly have had no litter mate,possible he may be from same litter a joy,both were the youngest cubs , has always been bigger than ron who is around two weeks older than him,even bigger than notch 2 who is oldest currently..He has always been on the fat side,but he may be even more now due to the one testis as you mentioned." ---- James Cohen
8 users Like sanjay's post

Messages In This Thread
Notch Coalition Male Lineage - sanjay - 12-02-2014, 08:57 PM
RE: Lion king Notch and his famous 5 sons - sanjay - 12-02-2014, 09:24 PM
RE: Notch Coalition Male Lineage - Hello - 12-24-2023, 11:36 AM
RE: Notch Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 02-01-2023, 12:32 AM
RE: Notch Coalition Male Lineage - BA0701 - 04-01-2023, 02:31 AM
RE: Notch Coalition Male Lineage - Tr1x24 - 08-26-2023, 01:25 PM
RE: Notch Coalition Male Lineage - Mabande - 12-13-2023, 04:09 PM
RE: The mighty Mapogos - Pckts - 10-25-2016, 02:39 AM
RE: Lions of sabi sands - vinodkumarn - 02-07-2017, 09:21 PM