There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Impressive Wild Jaguars - Pictures and Videos

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

I think most of us have turned a blind eye to these cats, I for one know that I have put so much effort into finding out about what is happening to Lions, Tigers and Leopards (probably since they coexist with L & T's)
but I haven't educated my self enough on the plight of Jaguars. In my opinion, they are the big cat species that will face extinction before any other if something doesn't change drastically.

Nick's Adventures Bolivia

While its sad that Juma the Jaguar which was stupidly killed while being used as Mascot in the Olympics we must remember that literally a week does not go by without a Jaguar being killed or orphaned.
Every week Jaguars are killed by cattle farmers protecting Cattle, Villagers out of fear, opportunistic hunters and more concerning they are being killed for their teeth for Chinese medicines. While the world is right to be outraged about Juma lets remember hundreds of Jaguars per year are being killed while the world closes their eyes.
www.nicksadventuresbolivia.com

*This image is copyright of its original author

I am lucky to say i have the best job in the world !
To see animals in the wild roaming free like Jaguars, Tapirs, Anaconda's, Pumas and more is something so incredible and it will never lose its appeal.
However every day these species are being shot,poisoned and have their habitats destroyed - something we have to strive to change.
The question is , What type of world do we want to leave our children and will they share it with our natural treasures.
www.nicksadventuresbolivia.com
‪#‎conservation‬ ‪#‎bigcats‬ ‪#‎extinction‬ ‪#‎wildlife‬ ‪#‎animals‬ ‪#‎tourism‬ ‪#‎travel‬ ‪#‎savewildlife‬

*This image is copyright of its original author

Very sad news for Madidi National Park - A place which is literally one of the most amazing places i have ever visited and hosts some the the greatest biodiversity on the planet.
This is another nail in the coffin for the Amazon Rainforest and all of its incredible species.
http://www.hydroworld.com/articles/2016/...jects.html

Messages In This Thread
RE: Impressive Wild Jaguars - Jubatus - 06-30-2014, 09:45 PM
RE: Impressive Wild Jaguars - Pictures and Videos - Pckts - 07-28-2016, 09:37 PM