There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tiger Directory

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Raghu Udupa with Guruprasad Bhadya and 2 others at Tadoba - Andhari Tiger Reserve3 hrs · EditedOur fourth safari was drawing to a close. After two hours of anxious, hopeful waiting, the drowning light signalled the end of our safari. It will now be four safaris chasing the Kuhani tigress and her cubs, but all we managed were glimpses of the tigress.
With plunging spirits we were going down the Aambe Uttara, when my cousin whispered "Tiger, Tiger just crossed!". We stopped, eager, our hopes magically restored. Our naturalist disclosed that this territory belongs to Shivanjari tigress of JinkaNalla.
He emerged slowly, in all his Aurum glory. He glowed in the fading lights, this Prince of the Summer land. He sashayed across the road, the forest his ramp and I, the obsessed paparazzi, thirsty to know more of his life and see more of him.
I will not be surprised if he emerges the King. Afterall, he's a worthy "Prince" of Kolsa region .Shivanjari Subadult(M)
Kolsa Region, TATR, Maharashtra
June 2015

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like Pckts's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-11-2015, 02:18 AM by Apollo )

Bamera seems to be getting into fights again with Tarun.
On 24th May 2015, he was seen limping. Eventhough injured he looks fell fed and healthy.
For those who doubt Bamera's size, well this video can be a good example.
He looks damn massive.

4 users Like Apollo's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-11-2015, 03:48 AM by Pckts )

I certainly have never doubted his size, especially when it comes to build. He may not be the tallest or longest tiger around, but he is a big boy and absolutely solid. I would estimate him at the 235kg - 250kg mark. Hes a massive and beautiful tiger, he may not be as ripped as he once was but he still has mass, he will always be a legend in my book.
TFS
2 users Like Pckts's post

Brazil strana Offline

I know it is strange, but looking at the pictures and videos, both Bamera and Munna do not look like to be big tigers for me , even when they were young and stronger. In Bandhavgarh, I believe Jobhi is clearly bigger and more powerful than Bamera.  My estimation is 220-240kg for Bamera.  Munna is an enigma, some people say he is very big, some say he is just above average. By the pictures alone, "just above average" seems to be a more precise definition, although he is certanly a tremendous fighter, no doubts.
I have the feeling that Jai is the largest known Central/South tiger in India. I say "known" because we have pics/information of few reserves  from these regions: Tadoba, Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Bandipur, sometimes a tiger from Pench. But nothing or almost nothing from Peryiar, Panna, Melghat, Badra, Anamalai etc. Certainly there are some very large tigers over there  !!
Considering that T-24 is ( was) a 240kg tiger, is it an absurd to believe that Jai is a 260 or even 270kg tiger?? He looks to be almost as big as the the young Waghdoh. Only Terai and Assam tigers look like to be more impressive than Jai nowadays.
3 users Like strana's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(06-11-2015, 04:40 AM)'strana' Wrote: I know it is strange, but looking at the pictures and videos, both Bamera and Munna do not look like to be big tigers for me , even when they were young and stronger. In Bandhavgarh, I believe Jobhi is clearly bigger and more powerful than Bamera.  My estimation is 220-240kg for Bamera.  Munna is an enigma, some people say he is very big, some say he is just above average. By the pictures alone, "just above average" seems to be a more precise definition, although he is certanly a tremendous fighter, no doubts.
I have the feeling that Jai is the largest known Central/South tiger in India. I say "known" because we have pics/information of few reserves  from these regions: Tadoba, Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Bandipur, sometimes a tiger from Pench. But nothing or almost nothing from Peryiar, Panna, Melghat, Badra, Anamalai etc. Certainly there are some very large tigers over there  !!
Considering that T-24 is ( was) a 240kg tiger, is it an absurd to believe that Jai is a 260 or even 270kg tiger?? He looks to be almost as big as the the young Waghdoh. Only Terai and Assam tigers look like to be more impressive than Jai nowadays.

I guess it depends how you classify "big"
220kg - 240kg is big, no matter how you slice it. I definitely think Bam Looks thickher than T-24 with similar dimensions, maybe not as tall, but I also think Jobhi might be larger than bam and Bheema is larger than Jobhi so who knows for sure.

I think Jai is the largest tiger alive outside of Terai Arc, Assam and Corbett Tigers Probably. IMO

1 user Likes Pckts's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

For starters T24 was 240Kg when he was a subadult and injured.
In the recent video posted by rage, we can clearly see Tarun aka Bheem being bigger than Jobhi.
So as I said before Tarun and Chinkoo aka Mangu are bigger males than Jobhi.

Currently I'm so curious about the two sons of Jai, both these boys are growing well under the protection of their father "the mighty Jai".
One of the male cubs is said to be bigger like Jai and the other one is slightly smaller but as a similar marking in its nose just like Jai.
I have great hopes on these Jai juniors.

The mighty Jai

Gairal subadult male from Dhikala,  Corbett.

Tarun ruler of Khitauli range, Bandhavgarh 

5 users Like Apollo's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-12-2015, 01:57 AM by Pckts )

the 2nd image of the youngsters looks like he will be a big boy. Large paws and head, usually a good sign of mass to come. TFS Apollo
Gotta love Tarun aka Bheem as well.
Did you ever hear about the outcome between Bheem and Jobhi?
My money would of been on Bheem, he was quite a bit larger than Jobhi even and he was also much larger than Bhagoda as well.
He is definitely proven as a large tiger for Bandhavgarh

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

This picture of Gabbar was taken on June 8th. His wounds seems to be healed, but that fight left his face disfigured.
He was said to have lost some pounds and appeared weak.

3 users Like Apollo's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

Jai is starting to look alot like the old rulers of Panna and he has such a powerful bloodline, its no wonder that he is as big as he is. A mark tigress is his mother, dendu the notorious male is his father and then he's got Shamsher as his grandfather. Thats a pretty strong resume he's got going over there. Also he was only 3 when he travelled all the way from Nagzira to Umred and he smashed the living shit out of the resident male and took over the entire tourism range. Thats a pretty legendary feat imho.
2 users Like Roflcopters's post

India shaileshsharadnaik Offline
Tadobatigerlover

(06-13-2015, 06:11 AM)'Apollo' Wrote: This picture of Gabbar was taken on June 8th. His wounds seems to be healed, but that fight left his face disfigured.
He was said to have lost some pounds and appeared weak.

great to see him reover. very happy

2 users Like shaileshsharadnaik's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

(05-28-2015, 10:48 AM)'GuateGojira' Wrote:
(02-05-2015, 02:41 AM)'Apollo' Wrote: GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!

Ustaad (T24) was actually weighed. Thanks to the Biologist Dharmendra Khandal for sharing and confirming it with me.
T24 was weighed in 2009, when he was a subadult (around 3.5 years old). He weighed in at 240Kg, this was confirmed by the doctor who weighed and treated him.
T24 was born in Jan 2006 and weighed in April 2009.
The most important thing to remember here is that he was weighed when he was treated for his leg injury, Ustaad was in a bad shape and treated for 4 days. So IMO its possible that he could have weighed another 10Kg more in healthy conditions as a subadult.

Through another source I got an information that T24 was estimated to weigh around 600lbs when he was sedated at present (for the stomach treatment). They darted him with this dosage, but unfortunately it didnt bring him down so more dosage was used again. So its possible for T24 to weigh in around 600lbs at present, but I dont know whether he was weighed again this time.

The funny part is T24 is not the biggest tiger in Ranthambore, infact he is not the biggest in his own family. T25 aka Dollar (his brother) is the biggest in the family and T28 aka star male is the biggest known tiger in the park.

@Apollo, could you please show the reference or the personal communication that states the weight of Ustad (T24)? It will be perfect to use it, as the male was over 3 years old and the new report of @Pckts shows that in its adulthood, this tiger now weighs 250 kg, proved by scientists and un-baited!

5 users Like Apollo's post

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher
( This post was last modified: 06-17-2015, 10:37 AM by GuateGojira )

Thank you very much @Apollo, so now we have two males from Ranthambore, paradoxically none of them above 4 years old, but as most of tiger documents states that above 3 years is already "adult", we can use those weights (220 kg and 240 kg).

Now, the question of the million dollars: are body measurements available? Besides, is the new figure of 250 kg of T-24, as full adult, real or an estimate?

These are the questions that I need. For the moment, the figure of 240 kg will be included in the list. Again, thank you very much! [img]images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

2 users Like GuateGojira's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(06-17-2015, 10:36 AM)'GuateGojira' Wrote: Thank you very much @Apollo, so now we have two males from Ranthambore, paradoxically none of them above 4 years old, but as most of tiger documents states that above 3 years is already "adult", we can use those weights (220 kg and 240 kg).

Now, the question of the million dollars: are body measurements available? Besides, is the new figure of 250 kg of T-24, as full adult, real or an estimate?

These are the questions that I need. For the moment, the figure of 240 kg will be included in the list. Again, thank you very much! [img]images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

We know for a fact that they were taken, the images show that.
Just hope we can get them to compare to others.
Would be awesome to have a real life modern measurement that we all have been witness to the actual tiger.
Could really be helpful when comparing other Ranth tigers body weight and measurements.

Bigcat Enthusiast

Aps SinhaSanctuary Asia 22 hrs ·    
He is indeed the BIG BOSS of Dobanki area ... the hulk from the mangrove ....STR Forever

2 users Like Pckts's post

India anand3690 Away
आनंद

(02-24-2015, 10:29 AM)'Apollo' Wrote: Male tiger from Kaziranga

Kaziranga tigress

Birjani subadult cubs from Corbett (male and female)

Tarun male tiger controls the Khitauli area in Bandhavgarh

Waghdoh's subadult male cub, looks exactly like his father. Big Boy

Mastigudi male from Kabini who recently hunted a gaur

New male and female cubs from Kolsa range Tadoba

T19's cubs play fighting in Ranthambore

Who is controlling the Tala zone right now?? [img]images/smilies/sad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/sad.gif[/img]

1 user Likes anand3690's post