There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tigers of Central India

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Ashu Khan

Beautiful morning walk 8:15 male tiger sighting in mocha near Kipling Camp

Mobail picture

Karai Ghati Male 

*This image is copyright of its original author

Shishir Dixit
Chotta Munna

6 users Like Pckts's post

United States stoja9 Offline
Banned

Look how huge he is from so far away. Holy cow. Has that guy been identified? Any guess on his weight?
4 users Like stoja9's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 12-15-2016, 06:56 AM by Pckts )

(12-15-2016, 06:49 AM)stoja9 Wrote: Look how huge he is from so far away. Holy cow. Has that guy been identified? Any guess on his weight?

Karai Ghati Male, he's currently in the midst of a territorial dispute with munna. As for weight estimation, Bheema, the male that was just killed weighed 225kg when he was 2.5yrs, the male that killed him was said to be larger and this male is said to be as large as that male, So it's probably safe to assume he's a 250kg male.
5 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Info on the Karai Ghati Male lineage

Minky Rao

Does anyone know which tiger this is ? It was a sub - adult at the time. Took this pic in 2006. And I think it was on link 7

Vijayarajan Muthu That's one of the sons of Banda & Old Link-7 Female. We call him Jr.Banda#1. He was collared subsequently, went to Mukki & got killed by the resident Male there. Thanks for sharing !
Vijayarajan Muthu You're most welcome. Btw, the current Karai Ghati Male happens to be the son of this guy's brother, Jr.Banda#2.
Minky Rao Wow ! The Karai Ghati male ! That huge tiger! ! So I have a pic of Jr. Banda#1's brother. Would this be Karai Ghati males father ? Thanks so much

Minky Rao They were both there with their mother. Jr. Banda#1 was resting and his brother was feeding
Vijayarajan Muthu Yes, that's him Minky Rao, TFS ! He'd sired Karai Ghati Male with the Old Digdola Female.

Swethakumar Rangarao Bobbili

It was a cold winter morning on the 11th of December.

We were waiting for sounds on Badrinath road. Suddenly we heard a loud roar towards link road number 9. We rushed there but even after waiting for half an hour to no avail. Then we checked road number 8 and 7 and returned to road number 9.
Then out of no where without any warning calls this beautiful pair emerged.
Bajrang and link 8 female. And boy he was really angry.
It was fate and irony that we saw Bajrang the very day bheema breathed his last. Bheema and Bajrang are siblings.
Pc credit Manoj Kumar Reddy

Vijayarajan Muthu Lovely one, that's Male T-64 with Female T-76. TFS Swethakumar !

It was irony that the very day his brother Bheema breathed his last in kanha we saw his brother Bajrang in Kanha zone.

December 11th 2016.

How crazy, the day Bheema passes his brother is spotted, incredible.
8 users Like Pckts's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

crazy indeed, I hope his brother carries the family's legacy now and rules Kanha for the years to come. tfs!
2 users Like Roflcopters's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Minh Ha

Exceptionally massive male tiger with a huge head seen at Indri road last month, photos shared by some guest of Tuli. I keep telling people they don't know what they're missing by skipping the Indri route. People should really wake up and start touring Indri more and more, where some of the finest tigers of kanha reside. It's also one of the most picturesque areas of the park as well.

Sahil AK
Amazed by her size...

Lady of Lake behind the Woods.. #ChotiMada T31
When I got her glimpse my first reaction was "Hey look at the Chota Munna" coz of size. but within a second I realized that its not male but Female and non other than Babathenga Girl. one of the most beautiful and Fearless Tigress...
Dec 2016

Minh Ha Choti Mada is a large frame tigress, with a thick build to boot, inheriting her body size from her mom, Minkur female. That's why her cubs with Uma male have the best genetics combination and will break all records before long.

Shikhar Ranjan

The glorious "Mahaman" Male Tiger, Magdhi Zone, Bandhavgadh National Park, 10th Dec 2016

One of my favorite males at the moment^^

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 12-20-2016, 12:20 AM by Pckts )

Amit Sukhadeve

Male tiger in TATR

Ramraj Uikey Pench
Male Tiger
29th Nov 2016. Evening safari
@Pench. MP

Mahaman male tiger sighted during a game drive at #Bandhavgarh National Park

#Tiger

Bigcat Enthusiast

Vijayarajan Muthu

Dear Members,
The management of Kanha Tiger Reserve has allotted new ID Codes for Tigers for identification as well as monitoring purposes & we’re pleased to share the codes of the ones residing within the tourism zones. We thank Sanjay Shukla Sir for providing us the comprehensive list of ID codes.
While ID codes of adult tigers from Tourism zones of Mukki, Kisli & Kanha as under, ID Codes of Tigers from Sarhi zone shall be shared shortly.
Images with kind courtesy of : Sharad Kumar Vats, Naren Malik, Jitender Govindani,Swethakumar Rangarao Bobbili, Shilpa Samith & Rachit Singh.
Jr.Kankata or Bandaribehra Male : T-1
Karai Ghati Male : T-2
Mundi Dadar Female : T-8
Munna : T-17
Jamun Tola Male : T-24
Dhawajhandi Female : T-27
The Late Bheema : T-28
Chota Munna or Link 7 Male : T-29
Umarpani Male : T-30
Choti Mada or Baba Thenga Female : T-31
Umarjhula Female : T-32
Mahaveer Female : T-33
The Late Kingfisher Male or Rajaram : T-35
Supkhar Male : T-57
Bajrang : T-64
Neelam : T-65
Sandukhol Female : T-66
Link 8 Female : T-76
Budbudi Female : T-83
Please feel free to use this info for ready reference & share it far & wide !

Rajan Gurung

Id codes required plz.
@ chimta camp kisli zone
10 march 2016 kanha tiger reserve.
Vijayarajan Muthu That's the Zilla line Female (sister of Umarjhula Female). We shall share her ID Code too shortly. Thanks for sharing !

Samrat Godambe

T 29 or Link 7 male.

It's amazing to study tigers who expand their territory...

Vijay Minasandram
ID required.

This was taken on 19th April 2014 on the way back from Kanha Zone, after we exited the kanha ghat road. ( Dont exactly know the name of the place since it was my first visit to the park
:) )
Vijayarajan Muthu This is T-64 a.k.a Bajrang, who happens to be Bheema's brother. Thanks for sharing Vijay !!!

Bigcat Enthusiast

Shadab Khan
"King"

Tadoba !

Sanjay Shukla

MP-KTR-T27 (Dhawajhandi Female)
Kanha Tiger Reserve, Mandla
Dec 2016

Arijit Sett

Tiger on the prowl
Link 7 male aka chota munna
Kanha National Park
Dec 2016
#TigersOfIndia

Ashu Khan

Beautifully morning Kisli zone
Munna tiger it was great to see this
23/10/2016

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

Bajrang the brother of Bheema, looks bigger than Bheema imho. also I don't think Bheema ever peaked over 240kg in his life ever, as a 2.5 year old male he certainly grew fast but then his weight fluctuations were far too noticeable to ignore every year and this year. I would assume that Bheema that we saw from October/2015 and onwards was barely 190-200kg.
7 users Like Roflcopters's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

(12-20-2016, 12:00 AM)Pckts Wrote: Minh Ha

Exceptionally massive male tiger with a huge head seen at Indri road last month, photos shared by some guest of Tuli. I keep telling people they don't know what they're missing by skipping the Indri route. People should really wake up and start touring Indri more and more, where some of the finest tigers of kanha reside. It's also one of the most picturesque areas of the park as well.

Sahil AK
Amazed by her size...

When I got her glimpse my first reaction was "Hey look at the Chota Munna" coz of size. but within a second I realized that its not male but Female and non other than Babathenga Girl. one of the most beautiful and Fearless Tigress...
Dec 2016

Minh Ha Choti Mada is a large frame tigress, with a thick build to boot, inheriting her body size from her mom, Minkur female. That's why her cubs with Uma male have the best genetics combination and will break all records before long.

Shikhar Ranjan

The glorious "Mahaman" Male Tiger, Magdhi Zone, Bandhavgadh National Park, 10th Dec 2016

I don't see anything exceptionally massive about that Kanha male, seems just like a normal male tiger. also Mahaman is a beast and right in his prime this year!
4 users Like Roflcopters's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(12-24-2016, 11:11 AM)Roflcopters Wrote:
(12-20-2016, 12:00 AM)Pckts Wrote: Minh Ha

Sahil AK
Amazed by her size...

Dec 2016

Shikhar Ranjan

I don't see anything exceptionally massive about that Kanha male, seems just like a normal male tiger. also Mahaman is a beast and right in his prime this year!

You know how he is about Kahna tigers...
I definitely agree with you about Mahaman.

Anjan Lal
Big Cat King - The New Navegaon Male Tiger at Navegaon Road
Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve
India

Ashok Pradhan

This massive male tiger probably limping male was sighted near pakki puliya Sondhar in winter of 2005

Abhijeet Mude
This is the screen shot of pdf stripes

Yajuvendra Upadhyaya
Mukki is mine! T-30, the male tiger from Umarpani.

May 2016

Shreyas Srivastava Has he been sighted recently?
Let's hope he is ok

Yajuvendra Upadhyaya Very regularly

Mrityunjay Kanwar

Saw today evening
T-24 Jamuntola Male
Distance and low light shot

Minh Ha

Chain male in Feb 2010. He ousted Limping male but his reign was short and he was killed by Thin Stripe this year. Father of Choti Mada and Mahaveer's first litter.

4 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Rituraj Jaiswal

1st from today sighting raiyakasa male.. today morning 1 hour show I used to go to every park of central India but I think Pench have best experienced guide and drivers too who helps me a lot today morning safari with Dinesh Sirsam Pench Pench Imran SaveWildlife guide Munna bhaiya 24.12.16

Santhosh Narayan
Male Tiger. Dec 2016

Tiger of pench..

Radhe Nagpure
Raiyakassa Male
25.12.2016 Morning Drive
Turia Gate
Pench Tiger Reserve, Madhya Pradesh, India

Manjunath Hegde

That moment
;)
You all know the tigers name.
From woods of Central India

Alhaad Naik

" Each Individual Has Their Own Unique Color, Which Shines Faintly Around The Contours Of Their Body. Like a Halo, Or a Back-light. I'm Able To See Those Colors Clearly."
The Big Boy Matkasur Male
#Dec-16
— with Monu Dubey Pench and 4 others at Tadoba - Andhari Tiger Reserve.

Rituraj Jaiswal

A fine morning new hope from Pench Mp c1 collarwali subadult female cub 27.12.16

3 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Legendary The LIMPING Male
Father of Munna and Indri Male Pattewala
Mukki, Kanha national park
PC
Mayank Mishra

Limping male, a very big tiger with a massive head and neck who walked with a permanent limp and ruled Chimta camp between 1998-2008 and Mukki between 2004-2008. He fathered several males, including Pattewala and Red Eye. He's a possible sibling of Banda/PoochKatta.

Photo originally posted on tigernation.

Naren Malik
Limping male,
Gidli ghogra water hole,
Mukki zone (KNP),
11/03/2007
(Shot taken by elephant back)

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 12-28-2016, 12:40 AM by Pckts )

Chinmaya Ghanekar

Can anybody help with id of this male?
Date: 24th dec 2016
Timing: 4.45 pm
— 

Son of Karai Ghati male sub adult, around 3 years old.
Code name is T-67
3 users Like Pckts's post