There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

More subadults separated from Ngati pride to avoid new dominant males.

6 users Like afortich's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Vuyela #4 on the prowl at NThambo Tree camp. 
Photo credits: Vincent Van der Beken
July 26, 2023

*This image is copyright of its original author
8 users Like T I N O's post

Zigzag Offline

ZigZag Scar Mbiri male lion
KNP, Orpen Gate, early morning
Credit: Wildlife Echo
Northern Matimba legacy
9 users Like Zigzag's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(07-28-2023, 07:37 PM)Zigzag Wrote:
ZigZag Scar Mbiri male lion
KNP, Orpen Gate, early morning
Credit: Wildlife Echo
Northern Matimba legacy
Looking impressive as ever - Post has been moved to Timbavati thread
2 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

A little throwback to December 2022 with one of the Vuyela males #5 at Simbavati Waterside in the Klaserie 
Photo courtesy of: Meagen Krige
Via Instagram: Safari.Shenanigans
December 2022

7 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

A recent sighting of the white Birmingham male at Klaserie Private Nature Reserve
Photo credits: Terry Pickard 
July 2023
Special thanks to Lions of Timbavati FB group 
I was up early one morning in the Klaserie Nature Reserve to follow the sounds of a lion calling not far from where I was sleeping.
After some searching I did not know I would come across one of my most special sightings in the African Bushveld. This Male White Lion was a spectacular sight and one I will always remember.

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Tanda tula weekly update in photos - Photo credits: Chad Cocking at Tanda Tula 

the Mayambula pride AWOL once again, it does give a chance for the smaller predators to show up in the east.  That being said, we did find the remains of a dead hyena in the area where the Mayambula Pride past last week, so perhaps these apex predators had a run in.  The absence of the Mayambula Pride could be as a result of the continued presence of the River Pride and the vocal Vuyela males.  Although not as busy in the central regions as we would have liked, we did catch up with the River Pride lionesses most days this week.  An interesting development was news that the lioness that was known to have a cub was seen mating with the Vuyela males again, leading us to suspect that perhaps she has lost her cub(s).  The other two lionesses look pregnant, and we hope that they choose our concession to give birth when the time comes.  In the latter part of the week, we also had a brief sighting of five of the Birmingham Breakaway males moving through the eastern sections of the reserve, but they continued at pace to the east.  In the west, the Giraffe Pride made another visit to their eastern reaches of their large territory and killed a wildebeest one morning.  From the reports we heard, the white male lion has ended up in the Klaserie as these males continue to search for a territory.

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Update of the Birmingham young males (White male and his tawny males)

4 users Like T I N O's post

Canada Robot00 Offline

(08-01-2023, 01:22 AM)Timbavati Wrote: Update of the Birmingham young males (White male and his tawny males)

I guess these boys are smarter than their other six half brothers because they're about to become pride males with just three of them. Their other six half brothers are still nomads and did i say there's six of them?

How is it that these three are able to find pride land so soon vs the other six if not for their smart mentality?

Tr1x24 Online
Top Contributor

(08-01-2023, 01:22 AM)Timbavati Wrote: Update of the Birmingham young males (White male and his tawny males)

Who are western pride males atm? Hondo and Xantsema still alive?
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

I'll get videos and pics of all of them soon - Due to the fact, often people from different camps give different names to lions - It’s very difficult to confirm who those two males are. The white male was seen in Ryan farm in the Umbabat
4 users Like T I N O's post

Mwk85 Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-01-2023, 04:04 AM by T I N O Edit Reason: Link fixed )

Monwana and Giraffe males taking a kill from whom I believe to be the Monwana Pride.

" target="_blank" class="post_link">
6 users Like Mwk85's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(08-01-2023, 03:54 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: Monwana and Giraffe males taking a kill from whom I believe to be the Monwana Pride.

Link fixed my friend.
8 users Like T I N O's post

Mwk85 Offline

(08-01-2023, 04:05 AM)Timbavati Wrote:
(08-01-2023, 03:54 AM)Mwk85 Wrote: Monwana and Giraffe males taking a kill from whom I believe to be the Monwana Pride.

Link fixed my friend.

Thanks for that. Was in a rush and forgot to check if it loaded correctly afterwards, lol.
5 users Like Mwk85's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 08-01-2023, 11:37 AM by T I N O Edit Reason: Link fixed )

The white Birmingham male and the two tawny boys caught a male lion and beating him up. Special thanks to Umbabat for the update. 
3 users Like T I N O's post