There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lions of Timbavati

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Skorro males

*This image is copyright of its original author

10 users Like Potato's post

NYC_Lions Offline
New Join

Is Young Birmingham male injured from a fight? Do we know who he was fighting with if true?

https://twitter.com/lionlovers5/status/1448955439912300545?s=21
4 users Like NYC_Lions's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-16-2021, 01:46 AM)Potato Wrote: Skorro males

Correction: Sumatra male in the last Image with the Giraffe pride. 
Great sightings
5 users Like T I N O's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(10-16-2021, 03:58 AM)NYC_Lions Wrote: Is Young Birmingham male injured from a fight? Do we know who he was fighting with if true?

BYM is a little bit injured. He got a cut on/close to his tail and is limping again. Not sure if the same leg. Waiting on an any update about the fight.
2 users Like afortich's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

I am also kinda worried about testicle damage. Some of the wounds get really close.
2 users Like Duco Ndona's post

United Kingdom lionuk Offline
Contributor

Birmingham young Male and his coalition partner the Torchwood Male. Pictures taken in the last 3 days. 
Photo credits: Johan Smalman

7 users Like lionuk's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

(10-16-2021, 03:58 AM)NYC_Lions Wrote: Is Young Birmingham male injured from a fight? Do we know who he was fighting with if true?

Yes, from what I heard. It is a big possibility that the Birmingham Young Male had a fight with the two Black Dam Male Lions.
Both Black Dam Male Lions have puncture wounds on their heads and back. Update from my friend Johan at Shindzela.
6 users Like T I N O's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

Black Dam male lions seen this morning.
Photo credits: Fiona Clark

8 users Like T I N O's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Nomadic males typically don't kill other nomadic males correct?
2 users Like Tonpa's post

Contributor

Black Dam males
Photo credits: Ziggi Hugo

8 users Like lionuk's post

Contributor

Sumatra and Hercules
Photo credits: Ziggi Hugo

8 users Like lionuk's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-16-2021, 04:18 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Yes, from what I heard. It is a big possibility that the Birmingham Young Male had a fight with the two Black Dam Male Lions.
Both Black Dam Male Lions have puncture wounds on their heads and back. Update from my friend Johan at Shindzela.

Yea, with injuries on BDM's its quite possible they had a scrap with BYM.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-16-2021, 05:11 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Nomadic males typically don't kill other nomadic males correct?

Nah, they usually fight over kills or just avoid each others if they bump into each others.

But in this case, BYM/Torchwood might starting to feel like dominant males in this area, so they might find 2 BDM's as intruders..
9 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(10-16-2021, 04:18 PM)Timbavati Wrote:

Yes, from what I heard. It is a big possibility that the Birmingham Young Male had a fight with the two Black Dam Male Lions.

thank you for the info!
4 users Like afortich's post

T I N O Offline
Moderators

A recent update from my great friend Johan at Shindzela:
We found the Torchwood Male on his own feeding on a buffalo calf Wednesday evening. Before that we haven't seen him or the Birmingham Young Male for about 2 weeks or so.
Thursday evening we found the Birmingham Young Male with the Torchwood Male lying at one of our dams. He had a bad bite mark on his tail and a few bite marks on his back legs.
He could also hardly walk on his back right leg.
We think it's a big possibility that he and the Torchwood male were separated for a few days and then he got into a fight with the Black Dam Males because both Black Dam males have fresh puncture wounds on their heads and back.
But that is just all speculation as we or no one saw what happened and how he got injured again.
On Friday morning we found them again still at the same dam. This time he was walking better but still with a huge limp but he was actually putting weight on the leg again.
Unfortunately we couldn't find them again today.
Hope this information helps a bit.
If all things goes well, next year Shindzela could be my next trip
8 users Like T I N O's post