There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Size comparisons

JurassicDD Offline

*This image is copyright of its original author

North Americas biggest bad lads (Tyrannosaurus vs Acrocanthosaurus diagrams by Franoys
2 users Like JurassicDD's post

Canada DinoFan83 Offline
( This post was last modified: 11-18-2019, 07:18 PM by DinoFan83 )

American mastodon vs Mapusaurus, skeletals by Larramendi and Franoys respectively.
On top is average vs average, with AMNH 9950 for the mastodon and MCF-PVPH-108.202 for Mapusaurus. The mastodon is 2.89 meters shoulder height and 7.8 tonnes, while the Mapusaurus is 12.23 meters axial length and 7 tonnes.
On the bottom is max vs max, with 595BS71 for the mastodon and MCF-PVPH-108.145 for Mapusaurus. The mastodon is 3.25 meters shoulder height and 11 tonnes, while the Mapusaurus is 13.36 meters axial length and 8.5 tonnes.
The scalebars for average vs average are fine to use but I suggest ignoring max vs max scalebars as I scaled up the animals and the scalebars wouldn't match what I scaled to. The size charts are not to scale with one another.

Attached Files Image(s)

2 users Like DinoFan83's post

Canada DinoFan83 Offline

Sarkastodon vs Giganotosaurus, skeletals by blaze and Hartman respectively.
AMNH 26641 vs MUCPv-95

Attached Files Image(s)

1 user Likes DinoFan83's post

Canada DinoFan83 Offline

Sarkastodon vs Triceratops, max vs max, AMNH 26641 vs UCMP 128561. Skeletal credit goes to blaze and Hartman respectively.
The Sarkastodon is about 200 kg, while the Triceratops is probably around ~14-14.7 tonnes scaling up from BYU 12183 (GDI by SpinoInWonderland)

Attached Files Image(s)

BorneanTiger Offline
Contributor

Female puma against a guanaco about 3 times her weight: https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-camels-...8#pid94838

Canada DinoFan83 Offline
( This post was last modified: 12-24-2019, 07:35 AM by DinoFan83 )

Southern mammoth (Scoppito specimen, ~4 meters shoulder height, 10.7 tonnes) vs Jimbo the Supersaurus (~33 meters TL, 35 tonnes)

Credit to Larramendi and Hartman for the skeletals, scalebar is 1 meter

Read more: http://theworldofanimals.proboards.com/thread/50/size-comparison-scale?page=86#ixzz65ou01nhR

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

@DinoFan83 

Just a recommendation for these post is to crop out the clutter so it looks more clean like this . 

1 user Likes Lycaon's post

Canada DinoFan83 Offline

I'd love to, but I can't. Does Imgur allow image cropping?

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

@DinoFan83 

Before uplooading to imgur you can crop the image. or alternatively take a screenshot and then crop.

Canada DinoFan83 Offline

Yes, that's what I do. However, I upload them to The World of Animals before screenshotting and uploading to Imgur, and ProBoards doesn't seem to allow for image cropping.

Oh well. Let's see what I can find.

Canada DinoFan83 Offline
( This post was last modified: 11-22-2019, 09:11 PM by DinoFan83 )

This may have been posted already but I don't think it was.

Eotriceratops (lower estimate) vs Futalognkosaurus, skeletals by GetAwayTrike and Hartman respectively. Eotriceratops is probably ~10-12 tonnes while Futalognkosaurus is at least 50 tonnes

http://theworldofanimals.proboards.com/t...50?page=84

Attached Files Image(s)

Canada DinoFan83 Offline
( This post was last modified: 11-22-2019, 09:11 PM by DinoFan83 )

FMNH PR 2081 (Sue the Tyrannosaurus rex, around or somewhat above 8 tonnes) vs BYU 9024 (Barosaurus, 100 tonnes). Skeletals by Hartman

http://theworldofanimals.proboards.com/t...50?page=84

Attached Files Image(s)

Canada DinoFan83 Offline
( This post was last modified: 11-24-2019, 03:25 AM by DinoFan83 )

Triceratops vs Mapusaurus, average vs average on top and max vs max on the bottom. Note: The charts are not to scale with each other and I suggest ignoring the scalebar in max vs max
On top is BYU 12183 (10.5-11 tonnes, scaled to 2.5 meter skull) vs MCF-PVPH-108.202 (7 tonnes, scaled to 148 cm skull)
On the bottom is UCMP 128561 (14-14.7 tonnes, scaled to 2.7 meter skull) vs MCF-PVPH-108.145 (8.5 tonnes, scaled to 161 cm skull)
Credit to Hartman for Trike and Franoys for Mapu
http://theworldofanimals.proboards.com/thread/50

JurassicDD Offline

Tyrannosaurus rex specimen Sue 12.3 meters and 9.7 tons with the Giganotosaurus holotype specimen 12.2 meters 7.5 tons diagrams by Franoys https://www.deviantart.com/franoys

2 users Like JurassicDD's post

JurassicDD Offline

Giganotosaurus specimen MUCP-V95 estimated size with Tyrannosaurus rex Sue
note: the size for Giganotosaurus here is based solely from one jaw fragment and nothing else. Many within the paleo community refuse to use this jaw fragment because it is unreliable for scaling.

Diagrams from Scott Hartman

4 users Like JurassicDD's post