There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara

BigLion39 Offline

Juat to add  about Jesse..... The 4 /5 Enkoyunai Boys who killed him were Mwana, Jicho, Saningo, and Enkong'u. Lenkoe was not there, probably off mating somewhere. I have no doubts that if Jesse hadn't been injured by Ronkai lioesses last year on his back hip he would have been able to escape the 4 hitmen. 

The Enkoyunai Boys sure are making a name for themselves, following their Half bros 4 Mara North Males.
5 users Like BigLion39's post

BigLion39 Offline

So seems earlier in the month or late June  the last time 4 Mara North Boys were facing off with Seenka, Lemurt, and Kini...... The 3 Sanaki Boys caught Saruni and gave him a good beating. From what I heard he is recovered by now and is alive. Finally the 3 remaining Sankai Boys take revenge and make a stand. I really hope there's no more bloodshed between these 2 coalitions.

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like BigLion39's post

Mwk85 Offline

Lorkulup and cubs. He's definitely the "family man" of the BRB's 

5 users Like Mwk85's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

(07-27-2023, 11:50 AM)BigLion39 Wrote: Juat to add  about Jesse..... The 4 /5 Enkoyunai Boys who killed him were Mwana, Jicho, Saningo, and Enkong'u. Lenkoe was not there, probably off mating somewhere. I have no doubts that if Jesse hadn't been injured by Ronkai lioesses last year on his back hip he would have been able to escape the 4 hitmen. 

The Enkoyunai Boys sure are making a name for themselves, following their Half bros 4 Mara North Males.

Jesse was one of the solo lions that I expected not to be caught for his experience escaping.
Good to know that he was injured before and could be the reason for Jesse not to be able to escape.
4 users Like afortich's post

Panama Mapokser Offline
Contributor

@BigLion39 From the Sankai perspective this was a chance they shouldn't have missed, especially 3v1 against 1/4 coalition rival.
3 users Like Mapokser's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor

In memory of Jesse, a great warrior

7 users Like afortich's post

Switzerland Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Salas boys with the topi pride during a meat...
Dated from 2th august 2023.

" Watch the family feast of Salas Boys Olepolos and Osapuk with topi pride... "
6 users Like Spalea's post

BigLion39 Offline

Great news! Mrefu has linked up with Spikey and formed a coalition! They are in northern Mara Triangle and possibly looking to grab the River pride that Morani and Rekero Breakaway Boy have left vacant. 

Both Mrefu and Spikey lost their partners this past year. Ooloodo (Mrefu partner) and Enkuroto (Spikey partner) disappeared unfortunately and both were forced to abandon their prides and they all had at the least 1 year old cubs and older. Not sure if any cubs are surviving. 

Spikey and his old partner were responsible for giving Olobor, the aggressive Black Rocker, a good beating!

7 users Like BigLion39's post

Australia Horizon Offline
Moderators

I don't know how to insert Instagram posts. Seems Halftail reign over Marsh pride is over.

Post from masaimara_bigcats...

Halftail has arrived back into the main reserve after spending some time in Mara North. He was hanging around Bila Shaka, and acting very cautious. He has good reason to be as all four Bila Shaka males are in the area.

The Bila Shaka boys have been mating with most of marsh females in the last couple weeks so we’ll have to see what happens… Halftail may have officially lost his grip on the pride. The most concerning thing to me at the moment is whether or not Lola’s cub is still around.
4 users Like Horizon's post

Mwk85 Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-06-2023, 12:18 AM by Mwk85 Edit Reason: Added additional information )

(08-05-2023, 06:55 PM)Horizon Wrote: I don't know how to insert Instagram posts. Seems Halftail reign over Marsh pride is over.

Halftail has arrived back into the main reserve after spending some time in Mara North. He was hanging around Bila Shaka, and acting very cautious. He has good reason to be as all four Bila Shaka males are in the area.

The Bila Shaka boys have been mating with most of marsh females in the last couple weeks so we’ll have to see what happens… Halftail may have officially lost his grip on the pride. The most concerning thing to me at the moment is whether or not Lola’s cub is still around.

[insta] In front of the link text and [/insta] at the end of the link text.

Additional information can be found here

https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-embed-t...s-directly
3 users Like Mwk85's post

BigLion39 Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-06-2023, 02:26 PM by BigLion39 )

(08-05-2023, 06:55 PM)Horizon Wrote: don't know how to insert Instagram posts. Seems Halftail reign over Marsh pride is over.

Its way too early to say if 1/2Tail lost the Marsh. The 6 pack boys might just pick up and leave again and the lionesses, which some are their daughters, might juat be keeping them occupied for and might pick up and head up the Mara North again with 1/2Tail at any moment. Time will tell. Well see how it plays out. IMHO, Mrefu and Spikey should grab the Marsh. Would be better than 6 pack.
4 users Like BigLion39's post

Moderators

" target="_blank" class="post_link">
3 users Like Horizon's post

Moderators

masaimara_bigcats As mentioned Halftail is still seeking refuge in Mara North for the moment. He’s been back in the conservancy ever since his return to the marsh a couple days before, likely because of the bila shaka boy’s presence. Mara North is necessarily safe though… let’s not forget it’s where his partner Logol died and more recently Jesse, both killed by the five Enkuyanai boys.
3 users Like Horizon's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(08-09-2023, 06:03 PM)Horizon Wrote: masaimara_bigcats As mentioned Halftail is still seeking refuge in Mara North for the moment. He’s been back in the conservancy ever since his return to the marsh a couple days before, likely because of the bila shaka boy’s presence. Mara North is necessarily safe though… let’s not forget it’s where his partner Logol died and more recently Jesse, both killed by the five Enkuyanai boys.

I'm not sure lions in the Mara are safe anywhere. So many killers lurking in every direction there, both man and beast. Halftail is a massive male, though, that much is certain. The Enkuyanai boys aren't taking any prisoners, you'll get no warnings from them.
4 users Like BA0701's post

BigLion39 Offline

(08-09-2023, 07:59 PM)BA0701 Wrote: I'm not sure lions in the Mara are safe anywhere. So many killers lurking in every direction there, both man and beast. Halftail is a massive male, though, that much is certain. The Enkuyanai boys aren't taking any prisoners, you'll get no warnings from them.
Couldn't agree more my friend! Its not bad enough that these males have to deal with other territorial males, the cattle herders are always close by especially where Halftail is and the Marsh Pride territory is. Not just getting speared the Massai will also poison ththese males for retaliation   likely what happened to Rembo and 2/3 sons of Logol and Halftail. What a shame.
1 user Likes BigLion39's post